Add more novelty item mall weapon cosmetics

DoubleRose

The Heartbreaker was a wand that attacked with the heart hit skill animation. It was my favorite weapon to equip as a costume because I liked killing things by shooting them with hearts. I’d buy it again and other weapon skins too, and I assume other players feel the same given how the chainsaw (sword I think?) was also popular. These costumes give characters a unique appearance. They would fit right into an item mall that’s about cosmetics.

Comment on any items you’d like to suggest and here a few of my ideas:

• Euphonium and or tuba for launcher. If held horizontally, the horn can easily pass for a cannon, and it can shoot music notes instead of cannon balls. I think a euphonium’s size is more fitting and mine inspired this idea, but tubas are better known, so why not have both?
  • Trumpet for gun. The way dealers hold their gun has always kind of looked like a trumpet to me. Could also shoot musical notes.
  • A cupid bow that shoots hearts. Maybe a harp or some stringed instrument.
  • Lamppost and pool noodle for spear.
  • Baseball mitt shield.
  • Tennis racket and foam finger for mace or 1h sword.
  • Moldie claws for katar.
  • Like 9

I love this idea.  You know I am a costume person already but not everyone cares about dressing up their characters if there is no (exp or drop) benefit.  But everyone has a weapon equipped so a costume wep is a natural and as you said, it would allow players to customize how their toons look and there is nothing p2w about it. 

We already have those Christmas themed costume weapons, why not other holidays and just some everyday versions too.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

The Heartbreaker was a wand that attacked with the heart hit skill animation. It was my favorite weapon to equip as a costume because I liked killing things by shooting them with hearts. I’d buy it again and other weapon skins too, and I assume other players feel the same given how the chainsaw (sword I think?) was also popular. These costumes give characters a unique appearance. They would fit right into an item mall that’s about cosmetics.

Comment on any items you’d like to suggest and here a few of my ideas:

• Euphonium and or tuba for launcher. If held horizontally, the horn can easily pass for a cannon, and it can shoot music notes instead of cannon balls. I think a euphonium’s size is more fitting and mine inspired this idea, but tubas are better known, so why not have both?
  • Trumpet for gun. The way dealers hold their gun has always kind of looked like a trumpet to me. Could also shoot musical notes.
  • A cupid bow that shoots hearts. Maybe a harp or some stringed instrument.
  • Lamppost and pool noodle for spear.
  • Baseball mitt shield.
  • Tennis racket and foam finger for mace or 1h sword.
  • Moldie claws for katar.

Hey, those ideas sound amazing! 

When you wrote tennis racket I immediately pictured a character quickly picking up a tennis ball and hitting it towards the mobs. If you actually miss a mob, the ball wont hit it. Either way, great suggestions! 

• Like 1

I think it would be really cool to be able to purchase some kind of effect /animation for ur weapon aswell for example lightning, frost, fire, poison i love weapons with cool animations and effects and i think this would be huge in this game especially and add so much to it and make for more items to buy from the IM

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 2:16 AM, Mewi said:

So long as they follow the rose-world aesthetic.

A lot of equipment from the later game don't fit into the world at all, and many IM items also follow suit. 

That or the aesthetic is based on Junon+Luna. We have seven planets. At least one of those is highly technologically advanced. I feel we should rethink the aesthetic spectrum in which we operate.

On 4/18/2023 at 12:20 AM, Bobbity said:

That or the aesthetic is based on Junon+Luna. We have seven planets. At least one of those is highly technologically advanced. I feel we should rethink the aesthetic spectrum in which we operate.

whatever planet it is, doesn't matter - there's an overarching aesthetic. The Aurum plate armor for example looks like paper thin low res garbage - when compared to righteous armor, the dimple set, jag set, etc etc..

What I'm hearing from you is you want soldiers to wear imposing, thick golden armor on Orlo, the blazing, parched desert planet/god that provides light and heat to all of Arua's worlds. This brings your judgement into question and urges me to dismiss everything you said as absolute nonsense. I won't do that because much of what you said makes sense. My point still stands, though: your overarching aesthetic derives mainly from the starter worlds. People played for years before Orlo came along, and that aesthetic solidified in their minds. At Orlo's advent, players were confronted with the idea of not only the Seven Worlds but also systems and worlds beyond Arua's creation. Orlo was once even a hub of interplanetary trade. Do you think Karkia will look and feel anything like Adventurer's Plains? Hebarn? You're earthbound, and so are your ideas. Think Bigger.