Drop Table Guide

We're writing this forum post to clarify the drop system. The system is very complicated compared to the experience many players have had over the course of Rose's history. We hope this post will become a reference for all players who still have questions, but also dispel some of the myths we've heard since the game's early access started.

Please bear in mind that this system is by no means definitive. On the contrary, it already has started to evolve and will continue to, but we want players to be able to give us feedback based on facts, so that we can improve it together.

But for this to happen, players need to have the best possible understanding of the system. The purpose of this article is not to give the keys to our database, nor to serve as a wiki. We just thought that some of the players who never played NaRose or never played Rose before are at a big disadvantage.

In a way, this post is a continuation of an article posted almost 10 years ago by Leonis.
We'll update this post as we change the drops and maybe the drop system in the future.

Drop Rate Penalty

Spoiler
  • Monster Level Diff <= 3 --> no reduction in drop chance (Yellow)
  • Monster Level Diff <= 8 --> 10% reduction in drop chance (Green)
  • Monster Level Diff <= 14 --> 25% reduction in drop chance (Blue)
  • Monster Level Diff <= 21 --> 50% reduction in drop chance (light blue)
  • Monster level Diff > 21 --> 75% reduction in drop chance (Gray)

When farming, if you're not in the exact range of a monster lvl, you will always be as a disadvantage, going from 10% reduction up to 75% reduction. Drop penalty applies only if a mob is lower level than you, not higher.

That means that players farming for mats, accessories or even mounts with their Max lvl characters will suffer a 75% reduction in drop rate if the mob they are killing is in grey color. That is the one of the reason people suffer these "no drop" feeling when farming in the open world.

Like in the iRose days, if you want to optimize your farming, you will need a character in the exact range of the monster you are looking to farm. but because the penalty is no 100%, it caused a LOT of confusion for players.
Yes you are able to farm with your Max LVL character everywhere you go for now, but bear in mind that this is the reason some drops feel very hard to get. if you want the best farm, you will need to make another character.

A simple rule to follow is --> "Until the monster I'm killing is not Green in color, my drop penalty is 0%, Green mobs --> 10% penalty"

There is still an ongoing debate in the community if the penalty for Gray mobs should be reversed from 75% to 100%

Drop Rate increase

Spoiler

There are 3 mains ways players can increase their Drop chances -> Drop Gems, Clan drop Skill and the Bourgeois "Stockpile" skill

Stockpile

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-02-06at15_34_09.png.74015eef3c2902578081be14900134e6.png

Stockpile is a Passive exclusive to the Bourgeois class which when increased to it's max lvl (5) grants 25% chance to get an extra Drop. The Bourgeois class is the go-to class for farmers if they want to optimize their farming session.

Gems Drop

Spoiler

Gems drop are the only ways for regular players to increase their drop chance, regardless of their class or their clan.
These gems are obtainable inside dungeons, or they can be bought from others players on the market.
They give a flat increase of drop for a specific tier and can be stacked.

There are Gems for every tier of drops:

• Common -> Combeite Pear
  • Uncommon -> Umbite Baguette
  • Rare -> Raspite Round 
  • Very Rare -> Variscite Briolette
  • Epic -> Esperite Cushion
  • Legendary -> Legrandite Marquise

Theses gems need to be socketed inside the gear of the player and worn as regular equipment when killings monsters.

Clan Skills

Spoiler

Clan skills are one of the best ways (with drop gems) for players to increase the drop chance of specific tiers of drops. These skills can only be bought by the Master and their Deputies inside a clan. Clans need clan points in order to buy them and their costs depends on the drop tier.

These skills are temporary passives that last 30 days and that need to be acquired again after they end. These skills benefit all players inside a clan for their entire duration. They are very powerful and the best farming clans farm clan points in order to maintain them. 

The best possible farmer is a Bourgeois with stockpile, wearing Drop gems, inside a clan with Drop skill passive, who uses NO-EXP scroll to stay at the same level as the mobs he is farming.

Drop System

Spoiler

There are multiple tiers of drops in the game -> Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare, Epic, Legendary

While these categories exist, not every monster in the game has them. Only ⭐Monster⭐ with stars in their name or 👑Bosses👑 will have access to the Epic and Legendary Categories.

Not every ⭐Monster⭐ or 👑Bosses👑 will have something useful in those categories, most times they will have filler drops.

Every single monster in the game has PERSONAL rates for every one of its own tiers,  and they vary between mobs. (This is not real %, just an example):

Random Mob Captain:

• Common (50%)
  • Uncommon (35%)
  • Rare (12 %)
  • Very Rare (6%)
  • Epic (1%)
  • Legendary (0.3%)

Every time a player kills a mob, the game will roll a dice for every tier available for that mob. That means it is possible to get multiple loot from a single monster. This also means that it's perfectly possible for a player to not receive a single drop when killing a monster. This is particularly frustrating when it happens on a boss, for example.

After a successful roll, the game will pick, at random, one of the items available inside the category. The more possible items inside a category, the more difficult it is to get it.

Drop Tiers

Spoiler

Common

• Spoiler
    • HP Point
    • MP Point
    • Ancient Coins
    • More trash drops

Uncommon

• Spoiler
    • Low Essence, Essence
    • Uncommon Mob specific drops: Devourer Plate, Fish Eggs ...
    • Grade Talisman, Bindrune and Apotrope
    • Metals: Iron, Silver Iron, Steel ...
    • Stones: Air Stone, Sandstone ...
    • Wood: Cinnamon Wood, Aromatic Wood ...
    • Leather: Thick leather, Sleek leather ...
    • Cloth: Linen, Denim ...
    • Prismatic Fibers
    • Prismatic Lattice

Rare

• Spoiler
    • Low Ether, Ether and Pink powders
    • Destruction, Mythril Drills
    • Rare Mob specific drops: Dragon Scales, Little Angel Feathers ...
    • Dirties: Spirituals, Crystals, Stones, Zodiac, Ore, Rune Stones, Hearts
    • Glistening Orb (S)
    • Prismatic Dust
    • Gems
    • Mounts

Very Rare

• Spoiler
    • Purple Powders
    • High Ether, Elixir
    • Orihalcon Drills 
    • Blue equipment and weapons

Epic

• Spoiler
    • Hime, Low Enthiric
    • Lisent HG
    • Adamantium Drill
    • Unique Weapons: Chakram, Shattered Hope, Dark Buster

Legendary

• Spoiler
    • Enthiric, Hermes
    • Lisent U
    • Glistening Orb (L)
    • Epic accessories: Nomadic, Crooked, Full Moon ...

Keep in mind that this information might not be 100% accurate and only applies to Open World monsters.
For dungeons and Clan fields, the categories might changes for certain items or a be completely different.

Historically, there never was 100% consistency in the system. We have started a long and tedious project to try to make the system more reliable and consistent, and will share and edit this post as much as we can as we update the drops.

We will also add the most common questions asked at the end of this post

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

Thanx to answer us.

i hope people will stop to farm grey king, and waste king with high lvl character.

Stop xp fast, and start farming with good lvl where you need items !

Lets go up new char !

• Haha 1

"There is still an ongoing debate in the community if the penalty for Gray mobs should be reversed from 75% to 100%"

Why need to long debate? Make it 100% for Rare, Very rare, Epic and Legendary drop 😉

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 4:54 AM, HilariousFace said:

"A flat increase rate", this becomes problematic for a drop tier with really low base rate. For example, say a Crooked jewelry have a 0.009% base legendary tier drop rate if you are Lv.200 (yellow monster), with drop gem (+0.5%) and clan passive (+0.5%), you get a total of 1.009% chance.

And vs. a Lv.250 (grey monster), with a base rate 0.009% x (1-75%) = 0.00225%, with drop gem (+0.5%) and clan passive (+0.5%), you get a total of 1.00225% chance.

A Lv.200 fought hard against the monster at 1.009% vs. a Lv.250 fought closing your eyes at 1.00225%, why would you bother fighting with the right level character? 😊

(I don't think drop penalty rates applies to drop gems and clan passives, at least I felt that way)

The 75% is not multiplied by the drop rate of a specific item or category - it's a reduced 75% chance for you to receive any drop chance at all. For example, if you were fighting a grey monster, you would have a 25% (100% - 75%) chance for any loot to appear on the ground. Once you "roll" this 25%, then you would "roll" each category of rarity - i.e (with example rates):

• Common (50%)
  • Uncommon (35%)
  • Rare (12 %)
  • Very Rare (6%)
  • Epic (1%)
  • Legendary (0.3%)

Also remember that each category can have multiple items within them.

33 minutes ago, Wandmastery said:

If I first hit with a character in the right level to get the 100% drop chance and then finish killing the monster with a max level, the drop chance will remain at 100% ?

I tested several settings few days ago, you can't just get 1st hit on a king and then sit on your butt and let the max level to do 99% of the killing. First hitting the monster don't really do much to be honest, it determine who gets to pick up the drop only, it does not decide the content of the drop, you can't get first hit on a boss with drop gems, and then switch to DPS set. And you cannot get a monster to 1% HP and then switch to drop gems either, the drops will all be nullified.

However, it seems like the last ~20% HP of a monster decide the content of the drop along with drop gems. I feel like there are several factors involved, but for me I will get 1st hit on a right level character and keep hitting, then lower the king to 20% HP with the high level and stop attacking, then let the right level character finish the remaining off, it seems to work well.

And in a big party situation, my spear champ with drop gems never get any chance to modify the drops because my spear is dodge build and couldn't dish out enough damage, but whenever a launcher bourg is present, they tend to make Epic drops like rain because they do huge amount of damage, this implies the drop content is based on the damage margin of the pie, but I don't know if it is highest damage inflicted decide ALL the drop content or like if you do 75% overall damage, there is 75% chance drops will be based on you 25% based on others.

I believe max levels shouldnt be able to farm junon, like cant have max level bourgs sitting at aguas waiting for king. 
restricting grey mob dropping might baffle the community a little, but in the long run is worth it as in the end people would go and actually create new chars to farm, helping noobs level along the way. 
Systematically helping the game come alive. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CosmicGirl888 said:

I believe max levels shouldnt be able to farm junon, like cant have max level bourgs sitting at aguas waiting for king. 
restricting grey mob dropping might baffle the community a little, but in the long run is worth it as in the end people would go and actually create new chars to farm, helping noobs level along the way. 

the "grey mob dropping" was actually implemented for medallion hunting and some select items only low level mobs have i.e nymph powder. The unique farming was just a side benefit (exploit) that players started discovered while farming for the medals it use to be much harder to obtain low level uniques in the beginning.

15 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

I tested several settings few days ago, you can't just get 1st hit on a king and then sit on your butt and let the max level to do 99% of the killing. First hitting the monster don't really do much to be honest, it determine who gets to pick up the drop only, it does not decide the content of the drop, you can't get first hit on a boss with drop gems, and then switch to DPS set. And you cannot get a monster to 1% HP and then switch to drop gems either, the drops will all be nullified.

However, it seems like the last ~20% HP of a monster decide the content of the drop along with drop gems. I feel like there are several factors involved, but for me I will get 1st hit on a right level character and keep hitting, then lower the king to 20% HP with the high level and stop attacking, then let the right level character finish the remaining off, it seems to work well.

And in a big party situation, my spear champ with drop gems never get any chance to modify the drops because my spear is dodge build and couldn't dish out enough damage, but whenever a launcher bourg is present, they tend to make Epic drops like rain because they do huge amount of damage, this implies the drop content is based on the damage margin of the pie, but I don't know if it is highest damage inflicted decide ALL the drop content or like if you do 75% overall damage, there is 75% chance drops will be based on you 25% based on others.

Thanks for the explanations !

I will try to create a new caracter in the right level for the mobs I want to get the specific drop. 
Its really hard to fully understand the mechanism of all those drop table. 
I feel like some drop are nearly impossible to get like the Krawfy king medal even if you are in the right range level.

23 hours ago, CosmicGirl888 said:

I dont mind if drop penalty going for 100% for lightblue-gray area, but remember its Evo not Irose.
If they doing 100% penalty, what if a player want to farm with max level for more easier damage/deff. Will they would consider add back Medal Of Retrival and other type medal with new adjusted duration via honor/valor shop? 🤔

On 2/8/2024 at 9:37 PM, CosmicGirl888 said:

I agree, grey mob farming is game breaking. No wonder players just want to max their characters as soon as possible because they can grey farm, camp spots, steal loots etc. Just remove drops from grey farming. Max level players use summons to aggro mobs and first hit (even if they are afk), they do not need to use pots and they likely have full pvm gear to kill kings. They don't care about 75% drop reduction. They will camp and farm wherever they want. How is that fair? Being at the right level for farming is good but should be more rewarding. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:21 AM, Ashura said:

the "grey mob dropping" was actually implemented for medallion hunting and some select items only low level mobs have i.e nymph powder. The unique farming was just a side benefit (exploit) that players started discovered while farming for the medals it use to be much harder to obtain low level uniques in the beginning.

Well... if grey mob farming was implemented for medallion farming then that's the worse implementation ever. How can low level players farm and solo kings like grey farmers then? You do make a good point about some loots i.e. nymph powder only available for low level mobs. I think to make these loots farmable the drop penalty should be changed. Here is an example:

Monster Level Diff <= 15 --> no reduction in drop chance (Yellow)
Monster Level Diff <= 25--> 10% reduction in drop chance (Green)
Monster Level Diff <= 35 --> 25% reduction in drop chance (Blue)
Monster Level Diff <= 45--> 50% reduction in drop chance (light blue)
Monster level Diff > 45 --> No drops!! Get lost noob!

• Like 2

I agree on the gray no-drop part. They should definitely implement this. However, there may be a small downside to this at the moment. There aren't enough new low-level players, which means there will probably be no low-level mats available.

Edited by Luckystriike