Drop Table Guide

3 hours ago, Luckystriike said:

I agree on the gray no-drop part. They should definitely implement this. However, there may be a small downside to this at the moment. There aren't enough new low-level players, which means there will probably be no low-level mats available.

Which means people will have to make new chars > makes lower level maps more populated > Makes new players feel that the world is more alive > Makes the community grow.

This basic principle is what made the world Junon always active in the older ROSE versions. Due to Goblin Cave (Refines), GoS (Uniques, B3 Equipment, Woodstock/Sporty Schematic), DoD, Kenji (Leather, Lace, Blue Hearts, Blue Crystals) farming and more.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Thystro said:

Which means people will have to make new chars > makes lower level maps more populated > Makes new players feel that the world is more alive > Makes the community grow.

This basic principle is what made the world Junon always active in the older ROSE versions. Due to Goblin Cave (Refines), GoS (Uniques, B3 Equipment, Woodstock/Sporty Schematic), DoD, Kenji (Leather, Lace, Blue Hearts, Blue Crystals) farming and more.

Lets do it!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 3:02 PM, Thystro said:

Looking at it as a whole a lot of different factors for the decline or lack of player base (story-line, endgame content, craft-able items, pvp arena, dungeons, class diversity)

I will focus on the main(immediate) issue that is causing the decline in player base. The lack of in-depth analyses of the drop table spreading the materials across different maps over crowding of prime spots to make money which also breeds RMT we can't sell regular gear for a lot of money which creates a rift between players who vend the entire time and those who are just lucky to sell an item for a lot of money, but also the lack of attention to dealer/artisan and other classes that need more fine tuning just to make them play/enjoyable as a whole and not just working on the surface issues. I realize the team is spread too thin working on different things trying to improve the game and i commend them for the amount they have achieved in so little time (Migrating Database, game engine(polish), bug fixes etc).

A lot more to say but yeah gonna cut it short.

• Like 3

How about red and purple mobs? is there a drop penalty for killing these? I've been killing King Turak while it's still purple and sometimes the boss does not even drop anything. I have dolomite asher and legrandrite marquise gem. I've been using taunt (no dmg) with my max-level knight and killing with my low-level champion ( level 155) is this a bug or feature? @Drezynit

Edited by zstark

6 hours ago, zstark said:

How about red and purple mobs? is there a drop penalty for killing these? I've been killing King Turak while it's still purple and sometimes the boss does not even drop anything. I have dolomite asher and legrandrite marquise gem. I've been using taunt (no dmg) with my max-level knight and killing with my low-level champion ( level 155) is this a bug or feature? @Drezynit

There are often times when fighting a mob at the right level say yellow, it does not drop anything. You can 0% drop penalty, however I believe the drop table has many empty slot, you rolled the dice to an empty slot, so 100% drop chance of nothing, is still nothing.

But since while we are at it, there is a nasty bug that exist in the game client since the beginning of ancient ROSE evo. I believe it has something to do with HP server client desync, very often if the boss has high HP where it takes a long time to kill, let's say you use a gunbourg to pew pew it from 100% HP down to 0% HP, there are times when you get a boss to 0% HP, but it does not drop die immediately, some sort of "Omae Wa Mou Shideriu" moment, the boss staying alive attacking you at 0% HP for like 2 seconds then it perish AND IT DOES NOT DROP ANYTHING. I'm guessing the server doesn't see the monster as dead, it gets confused but needs to put an end to the boss on your client side. If you don't know what bug I'm talking about, it's just like the gloopy healers in Sikuku Catacombs where they slowly crawl to the boss, you very often get these gloopy to 0 HP but the HP bar just stuck there while they are still moving.

There is a way to avoid this HP bar glitch for boss hunt, you should avoid just click a boss to auto attack from 100 down to 0 HP, at like 5% HP re-click the boss again to resync the HP, that seems to fix this bug.

5 minutes ago, HilariousFace said:

There are often times when fighting a mob at the right level say yellow, it does not drop anything. You can 0% drop penalty, however I believe the drop table has many empty slot, you rolled the dice to an empty slot, so 100% drop chance of nothing, is still nothing.

But since while we are at it, there is a nasty bug that exist in the game client since the beginning of ancient ROSE evo. I believe it has something to do with HP server client desync, very often if the boss has high HP where it takes a long time to kill, let's say you use a gunbourg to pew pew it from 100% HP down to 0% HP, there are times when you get a boss to 0% HP, but it does not drop die immediately, some sort of "Omae Wa Mou Shideriu" moment, the boss staying alive attacking you at 0% HP for like 2 seconds then it perish AND IT DOES NOT DROP ANYTHING. I'm guessing the server doesn't see the monster as dead, it gets confused but needs to put an end to the boss on your client side. If you don't know what bug I'm talking about, it's just like the gloopy healers in Sikuku Catacombs where they slowly crawl to the boss, you very often get these gloopy to 0 HP but the HP bar just stuck there while they are still moving.

There is a way to avoid this HP bar glitch for boss hunt, you should avoid just click a boss to auto attack from 100 down to 0 HP, at like 5% HP re-click the boss again to resync the HP, that seems to fix this bug.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that 👍

4 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

This bug you get with normal mobs as well not sure if the (main) server is at play here regarding from client to server lag/ping but I seem to get it when killing regular old mobs as well

I've tried the re-clicking method but there still seems to be a 75% drop rate reduction for purple mobs with a 21-level difference. No drops are common and multiple drops are rare. This is quite sad.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:30 AM, zstark said:

I've tried the re-clicking method but there still seems to be a 75% drop rate reduction for purple mobs with a 21-level difference. No drops are common and multiple drops are rare. This is quite sad.

The re-clicking method only alleviate the HP desync problem, it is not related to the drop rate reduction problem you are experiencing.

If I understand it correctly, it is normal to have nothing dropped at all, the so called "100% drop rate at yellow monster" just means you are not penalized by the level difference, it doesn't mean you are guaranteed a drop show up on your screen.

The drop % for each tier are not identical across all mobs, some mobs have very rare drop chance at 5%, kings usually have that at 80%. Let's say a grunter leader with 60% Common, 40% Uncommon, 10% Rare, 5% Very Rare, 0.1% Epic, 0% legendary, as you can see there is still a chance of not dropping anything at all. But you said you are fighting a mob and 75% of the time you got nothing at all, what monster are you fighting?

9 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

The re-clicking method only alleviate the HP desync problem, it is not related to the drop rate reduction problem you are experiencing.

If I understand it correctly, it is normal to have nothing dropped at all, the so called "100% drop rate at yellow monster" just means you are not penalized by the level difference, it doesn't mean you are guaranteed a drop show up on your screen.

The drop % for each tier are not identical across all mobs, some mobs have very rare drop chance at 5%, kings usually have that at 80%. Let's say a grunter leader with 60% Common, 40% Uncommon, 10% Rare, 5% Very Rare, 0.1% Epic, 0% legendary, as you can see there is still a chance of not dropping anything at all. But you said you are fighting a mob and 75% of the time you got nothing at all, what monster are you fighting?

Turak king at level 156. No drops are too common. It seems that any drops are rare. Im wearing Legendary Gem and Dolomite asher.

5 hours ago, zstark said:

Turak king at level 156. No drops are too common. It seems that any drops are rare. Im wearing Legendary Gem and Dolomite asher.

There’s probably a default 20-30% no drop chance. So if a king doesn’t have a common drop tier at all the no drop % would be higher due to the gap in drop tiers. 

In theory if a king only had rare or higher drop tiers and the chance of rare within level range is 30-40%, very rare at 10-20%, epic at 5%, and legendary at 1-3%, there would be 60-70% for no drop.

5 hours ago, zstark said:

Which Turak King are you referring to? The timed spawned dumbed one that never use any skill but auto attack? Or the kill to triggered spawned one that AOE stun non stop?

The dumb one has 80% chance to drop blue gears, the kill to triggered spawned one is probably just for entertainment, it doesn't even have a drop odds on all drop tier according to rose fandom wiki.

42 minutes ago, HilariousFace said:

Which Turak King are you referring to? The timed spawned dumbed one that never use any skill but auto attack? Or the kill to triggered spawned one that AOE stun non stop?

The dumb one has 80% chance to drop blue gears, the kill to triggered spawned one is probably just for entertainment, it doesn't even have a drop odds on all drop tier according to rose fandom wiki.

Never knew there was another turak. I only know the dumb one in shady jungle (west of the village). You’re right, they do drop blue ones and trash drops but most of the time it’s no drops which makes me wonder if 75% drop reduction applies to over 21 level difference below monster level.

Btw this is my other forum account. 

Edited by kaiserkiva

1 hour ago, Heatfist said:

There’s probably a default 20-30% no drop chance. So if a king doesn’t have a common drop tier at all the no drop % would be higher due to the gap in drop tiers. 

In theory if a king only had rare or higher drop tiers and the chance of rare within level range is 30-40%, very rare at 10-20%, epic at 5%, and legendary at 1-3%, there would be 60-70% for no drop.

Turak needs fixing then.

1 hour ago, kaiserkiva said:

Never knew there was another turak. I only know the dumb one in shady jungle (west of the village). You’re right, they do drop blue ones and trash drops but most of the time it’s no drops which makes me wonder if 75% drop reduction applies to over 21 level difference below monster level.

Btw this is my other forum account. 

Legendary 0.48%

Epic 1.21%

Very Rare 80.00%

Rare 3.16%

Uncommon 14.63%

Common 14.63%

This is the drop chance for each tier for Lv.205 King Turak (assuming the database is still reliable), it is important to remember that you don't add these numbers together to get 114.11% and then wonder why am I not guaranteed a drop, it doesn't work like that, these tiers are independent.

The probability to not get a single drop is P(no drop) = P(no legend) x P(no epic) x P(no veryrare) x P(no rare) x P(no Uncommon) x P(no Common) = 99.52% x 98.79% x 20% x 96.84% x 85.37% x 85.37% = 13.88%

I fought the dumb King Turak over 30 times with my Lv.200, most of the time it does drop me some blue gear and rarely gems, but not like what you said 75% of the time no drop, are you taking a very long time to kill it or you took about 2-3 minutes to kill it? because if you take 10 minutes to kill it due to missing and dying, it tends to ruin the drop.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HilariousFace said:

Legendary 0.48%

Epic 1.21%

Very Rare 80.00%

Rare 3.16%

Uncommon 14.63%

Common 14.63%

This is the drop chance for each tier for Lv.205 King Turak (assuming the database is still reliable), it is important to remember that you don't add these numbers together to get 114.11% and then wonder why am I not guaranteed a drop, it doesn't work like that, these tiers are independent.

The probability to not get a single drop is P(no drop) = P(no legend) x P(no epic) x P(no veryrare) x P(no rare) x P(no Uncommon) x P(no Common) = 99.52% x 98.79% x 20% x 96.84% x 85.37% x 85.37% = 13.88%

I fought the dumb King Turak over 30 times with my Lv.200, most of the time it does drop me some blue gear and rarely gems, but not like what you said 75% of the time no drop, are you taking a very long time to kill it or you took about 2-3 minutes to kill it? because if you take 10 minutes to kill it due to missing and dying, it tends to ruin the drop.

Yes it does take me a while. Is there any reasonable explanation why taking it too long to kill ruins drop?. Gems havent dropped yet, some are blue but commonly no drops at all. According to rosefandom website king turak is level 180.

update: I’ve killed 3 turaks in the past 3 hours and no drops. Took me around five minutes to kill. 

Edited by kaiserkiva

Monster Level Diff <= 15 --> no reduction in drop chance (Yellow)
Monster Level Diff <= 25--> 10% reduction in drop chance (Green)
Monster Level Diff <= 35 --> 25% reduction in drop chance (Blue)
Monster Level Diff <= 45--> 50% reduction in drop chance (light blue)
Monster level Diff > 45 --> No drops!! Get lost noob!

The game loop of Rose is about leveling a character to the main level and farming until one has their gear fully maxed out.
It would be a strange user experience, if the game enforces users who worked months towards the goal of maxing out a character are not able to farm the materials they want with the said character. From a UX perspective it would be difficult to explain to a user, that they worked month towards maxing out a character, just to notice that they are not able to farm the items they want to farm and start all over again.
Since certain valuable items can only be farmed by killing specific monsters, those monsters also need to drop items for maxed out players.

Something to consider, item catagories that can be farmed in every level range, e.g. chems, catalysts, ..., should not drop for players outside of the level range of the monsters.
E.g. It's ridiculous that maxed out players can farm chems in the goblin cave, while Armastyx are also dropping chems.

Edited by Arbell

@Drezynit Do you have more information for us on how stockpile works?

Stockpile is a Passive exclusive to the Bourgeois class which when increased to it's max lvl (5) grants 25% chance to get an extra Drop. The Bourgeois class is the go-to class for farmers if they want to optimize their farming session.

From my understanding, the current drop system provides users with 1 roll over each category. If a user is really lucky, they could get up to 6 drops (1 from each category) from 1 monster without stockpile.
If a user has stockpile, the user would have a 25% chance of an additional roll over all categories, which allows them to get up to an additional 6 drops from that monster.

1. Is this how stockpile works at the moment?
  2. Does the bourg need to do the first hit for stockpile to be applied to a drop from a monster?
    1. If that's the case, are there any intentions to change it? A launcher bourg doesn't seem like a class which would be intended to be the lurer in a party.

Yes it does take me a while. Is there any reasonable explanation why taking it too long to kill ruins drop?. Gems havent dropped yet, some are blue but commonly no drops at all. According to rosefandom website king turak is level 180.

update: I’ve killed 3 turaks in the past 3 hours and no drops. Took me around five minutes to kill. 

I don't know, it was like that for many years, the system might have some time expire window probably to prevent people to pre-register hit reg to acquire drop ownership and then go afk.

I got Gypsum Round from Turak King before, you need Raspite Round [3] to improve the odds to get gem drops.

The Lv.178 Turak is the stage 1 spawn, Lv.179 King Turak is the stage 2 spawn, Lv.180 King Turak is the final form stage 3. And the Lv.190 one I'm not sure about that one. But the time spawned one is Lv.205, it is orange to my Lv.200 characters, which is the one you are killing.

5 minutes to kill the boss is too long, so your drop is usually ruined.

12 minutes ago, HilariousFace said:

I don't know, it was like that for many years, the system might have some time expire window probably to prevent people to pre-register hit reg to acquire drop ownership and then go afk.

I got Gypsum Round from Turak King before, you need Raspite Round [3] to improve the odds to get gem drops.

The Lv.178 Turak is the stage 1 spawn, Lv.179 King Turak is the stage 2 spawn, Lv.180 King Turak is the final form stage 3. And the Lv.190 one I'm not sure about that one. But the time spawned one is Lv.205, it is orange to my Lv.200 characters, which is the one you are killing.

5 minutes to kill the boss is too long, so your drop is usually ruined.

So it is what it is and just kill it quicker?. That doesn’t explain why drops are ruined if you take longer to kill lol. This just shows that being at the right level when farming sucks. 

Can you tell me any other spots where king turak spawns? I only know one spot in shady jungle.

Can you tell me any other spots where king turak spawns? I only know one spot in shady jungle.

Red dot is timed spawn, White dot is kill-to-trigger spawn, there might be more spawn, but I don't wanna bother too many annoying sikuku assassin around

jungle.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arbell said:

The game loop of Rose is about leveling a character to the main level and farming until one has their gear fully maxed out.
It would be a strange user experience, if the game enforces users who worked months towards the goal of maxing out a character are not able to farm the materials they want with the said character. From a UX perspective it would be difficult to explain to a user, that they worked month towards maxing out a character, just to notice that they are not able to farm the items they want to farm and start all over again.
Since certain valuable items can only be farmed by killing specific monsters, those monsters also need to drop items for maxed out players.

Something to consider, item catagories that can be farmed in every level range, e.g. chems, catalysts, ..., should not drop for players outside of the level range of the monsters.
E.g. It's ridiculous that maxed out players can farm chems in the goblin cave, while Armastyx are also dropping chems.

I agree that farming Chems while being max level is ridiculous. All players should atleast put in some work to obtain good drops. That’s why I think the level difference for farming should be increased so a player will be able to solo a boss with a single char or atleast with a dual client both at the right levels. Because currently bosses are too overpowered and the game encourages players to rush to max level to get ahead due to active dungeons at high levels (ez valor for full pvm gears) and grey farming in all areas. In an ideal rose online world, a lower levelled player should also be able to farm a pvm/valor gear, farm in dungeons, farm mats at the right level efficiently and kill bosses.

• 2 weeks later...

lol, i got more very rare drops as compared to rare drops,  like legendary sun watcher, etc... than gems.. i need gems, not more weapons, and on a side note, I can't seem to get lattice and fibers even though they belong to uncommon, and the drop percentage is higher...

18 minutes ago, Velle said:

lol, i got more very rare drops as compared to rare drops,  like legendary sun watcher, etc... than gems.. i need gems, not more weapons, and on a side note, I can't seem to get lattice and fibers even though they belong to uncommon, and the drop percentage is higher...

The drop system is a bit of a weird one to understand in most cases you will get more rare to very rare drops as oppose to in terms of uncommon drops. The gem drop percentage has to be increased across the board even gem boxes from ghosts seems like more like a phantom drop nowadays, also more skill books drop from them and not just a skill book i.e 1 x sacrifice i get 2-3 at a time.