Jump to content

introductions for each weapon types


Averybee24601
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think player's are rushed too fast to pick a certain weapon, and don't even really understand what that weapon may be better or worse at, or that it even exists and is able to be used with their class.  I think there should be some sort of simple instructions and introductions for each weapon type, telling people what their strengths and weaknesses are. I think this would be teach players more about the game and what playstyle they want to do, and what kind of build they want for their character. I think in general this game needs alot more introductions for game mechanics and systems. 

Yes i know that most of us are rose vets that already know all of this, but it would be very informative to new players and would help them decide which to play and in general is good to teach players about the game rather than making them figure it out for themselves.

Edited by Averybee24601
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree. Something that’ll show what each class is capable of carrying would be nice, more specifically an xbow knight. 

A simple fix could be to ensure that after each job selection all possible weapons are given to the player. 

I think also providing a skill/stat reset earlier than level 50 is something to consider. Make the reset available at Cornell again in Zant and allow level 25s to do it.. and keep the one in place at Darren in Junon and/or even raise Darren’s requirement to level 100 (in line with 2nd job). 2 free skill/stat resets would be great. 

Or maybe a free skill reset up until level 30 so players can mess with all different types of weapons and see their skills before proceeding further with leveling? 

I don’t know, the possibilities are endless, but I do agree with Avery in that more action should be taken to show players all of their weapon options. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

True. I guess when the Rose Guides start being posted by players in a Wiki then these things might become more clear for new players. But what they can also do is maybe one of two things, accessible in-game from the Skills Tab:

1) Add an extra tab in the list (with cart, uniques, etc). Call it Weapon Types or something. These just have a list of all available weapons that your class can use. (if you are a soldier then the weapons shown reflect all weapons up until level 100 that soldiers can use, with their categories such as one-handed, axe, etc., up until level 100. When you decide on your second job, these weapons change to show all weapons up until max level that your class can use. These weapons are simple j.peg images, with attack power, and other stats shown so that it is visually easy to see and compare the next weapon you have to get. Of course, you can view all this if you run to an NPC, but this just makes the decision process easier and on the spot. You still have to go to the NPC's to actually buy the weapon.

2) You can have a window that opens using a new option, (like the window that opens when you craft using an Arti) that allows you to drag and drop your current weapon and compare it to the next in-line weapons. SO, say you are using a lvl 70 weapon, and you are able to drag and drop that into the window, and also choose a weapon from a list of weapons in a drop down menu in that window and then compare the two. (This can be used for armours as well possibly!) So the data you get after you drag the weapon, is info on the differences between the two. So the lvl 80 weapon may say +10 attack power, +0.5 attack speed, +30 accuracy etc. So you see how much better the new weapon is. It can also work if you have a refined weapon, in which case, that refined weapon may be better than the lvl 80 weapon, so it may say -30 attack power, - 50 accuracy etc, if you were to switch to the lvl 80 wep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Averybee24601 said:

I think player's are rushed too fast to pick a certain weapon, and don't even really understand what that weapon may be better or worse at, or that it even exists and is able to be used with their class.  I think there should be some sort of simple instructions and introductions for each weapon type, telling people what their strengths and weaknesses are. I think this would be teach players more about the game and what playstyle they want to do, and what kind of build they want for their character. I think in general this game needs alot more introductions for game mechanics and systems. 

Yes i know that most of us are rose vets that already know all of this, but it would be very informative to new players and would help them decide which to play and in general is good to teach players about the game rather than making them figure it out for themselves.

Yes. And also not forcing each class into the more specific weapon already (except maybe for Hawker) before 2nd class.

For example, dealers should be able to use Gun or Launcher. Soldier should be able to use any sword, whether one-handed or two-handed. Muse should be able to use either wand or staff. Hawkers should have skills that are shared between bow and melee type, such as Sprint, Camouflage, attack-based passives, self-buffs, etc.

These classes should be able to switch between their other weapon options before actual specialization on 2nd class so as they won't be limited on choices while playing throughout the game.

Edited by RoseOnPlayer
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, RoseOnPlayer said:

Yes. And also not forcing each class into the more specific weapon already (except maybe for Hawker) before 2nd class.

For example, dealers should be able to use Gun or Launcher. Soldier should be able to use any sword, whether one-handed or two-handed. Muse should be able to use either wand or staff. Hawkers should have skills that are shared between bow and melee type, such as Sprint, Camouflage, attack-based passives, self-buffs, etc.

These classes should be able to switch between their other weapon options before actual specialization on 2nd class so as they won't be limited on choices while playing throughout the game.

Oh, that’s a pretty cool concept actually. You can use both until level 100, then have to specialize. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

Oh, that’s a pretty cool concept actually. You can use both until level 100, then have to specialize. 

Watched some stream esp when I saw dealer offensive skill tree. You already have to choose either gun expertise or launcher expertise. You can use both but you will need different skills. Waste of SP to experiment which one is good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Zeror said:

I totally agree with this. Maybe a small questline can help players out. Kill 6 mobs with a 2h Sword. Kill 6 mobs with staff. etc..

On the right track because it would be better for the player to experience the weapons rather than being expected to read some paragraph about each one, but killing with a 2h sword vs a spear won't feel different at all. The weapons are all nearly identical early on when you're just whacking mobs and casting a single skill. It takes skills and passives before it's obvious that axe=single target and crit, sword=balanced and accuracy, spear= aoe and dodge. Just using champ weapons as an example here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...