Character Bound End Game or Prestige Items

Nephenthos

End Game or Prestige Items

I would like to suggest Character Bound items to the game.

Having End Game Gear or special Prestige Items in game that are Character Bound massivly increases the replayability of said content.

Of course there should be plenty of stuff to trade /craft etc etc.

Edited by Rebus
make title more descriptive of the content

I am not always myself good with character bound items, as if you have alot of them, there isn't enough of the character storage.

Now if the character storage is expandable as you place items into it, that might be a different story.

Why not make them Account bound instead?

Personally I'd rather have a free economy. I'd like to have the option to grind for my end-game gear, or use the market to trade for it. By making all the gear character bound you're really pushing every player to do the full grind, instead of having the option of switching character class and just trading your end-game gear. Make IM costumes account bound instead. 

Also, enough of this being shared in the other big account bound thread already 🙂

Edited by Whoop
  • Like 1

My belief is the same as on the other thread : Free Rose online, free the game from all the shackles and crazy mumbo jumbo NaRose imposed on it for so long.
Don't dwell with a million concepts, just the the economy be free, let the ones who want to be traders be traders.

IM is the only thing that should be account bound ( doesn't really make sense to be character bound )

Edited by Shid0x
  • Like 2

We had character bound and locked items in NA.  In fact there is a whole topic devoted to this issue HERE

Most players did not like the system but honestly it was created just for the reason you stated - so the game content would continue to be used instead of someone earning a set of armor or a weapon and then just passing it around to their other accounts or to their friends forever.  We had unbinders that you could earn and some in the Item Mall.  Locked items could not be moved but bound items could be unbound.  There are a lot of detailed posts in that topic that you might find interesting.

THIS topic explains some of the various terms that people who have not played at NA might not understand. Its also worth reading

Edited by HoneyBuns

• Rebus changed the title to Character Bound End Game or Prestige Items

I don't like it but -> I'm fine with end game gears being account bound

But I'm NOT fine with end game gears being character locked.

Why? I'm that crazy pvp guy that will make tons of characters. Yup ofc not everyone is like me, some are happy with just one character of each job. But I'm not l like that, I like building new characters testing different stats, skills, and builds, for PVM for CD etc. and there's A CRAP LOAD of people who's like me. ask around.

Though. Just like what whoop and Shid0x said, I'd rather have free economy. Rose is the closest with its previous siblings Ragnarok, the system, the gameplay, etc. Rose isn't a new game where the environment and the system suits account bound/char locked items. 

7 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

We had character bound and locked items in NA.  In fact there is a whole topic devoted to this issue HERE

Most players did not like the system but honestly it was created just for the reason you stated - so the game content would continue to be used instead of someone earning a set of armor or a weapon and then just passing it around to their other accounts or to their friends forever.  We had unbinders that you could earn and some in the Item Mall.  Locked items could not be moved but bound items could be unbound.  There are a lot of detailed posts in that topic that you might find interesting.

THIS topic explains some of the various terms that people who have not played at NA might not understand. Its also worth reading

I'm not sure but maybe he talks about 'character locked' gears.

I Totally understand why WP put that points trade keys (unbinders) to encourage people being active in DG. war. CD. But character locked is too much. I don't see the points, what's wrong with passing gears to friends or to own accounts? I don't see problem in that. If I would compare, Ragnarok has free economy and is still doing strong as ever. I had at least 20 maxed raiders I used for cd and dg and I don't want to keep making and collecting max refined chiva preci on each characters that would be 40 x 4 parts of raptor hello?😂 (I'm at loss of word thinking about that and what happened to me in NAROSE, the trauma was real)  A lot of people (the crazy pvp type of a person) ended up quitting Rose after the big WP update because they can no longer use their chars due to char-locked gears and it got me really sad.

Edited by Kai
typo

I'd say a small Zulie* cost, or free full stop. It would remove the necessity of needing more than 1 character of a same class. I personally, do not want or feel people should be compelled to go through the leveling process and potential attunements or Faction Passive grind, simply because the resets are so costly or unobtainable without IRL cash payments.

I also am not fond in general of anything that promotes trading of end-game gear, as it's a gateway for scams, and for dodging the punitive measures of bans or suspensions. It also undermines the effort it takes to get them, when 1 group of "friends" or "family" can share a gear set for each class, reducing the participation in end-game content to achieve those, while additionally immediately lowering the, respect for geared players is the only way I can phrase it atm. 

In short, I just don't like it. I don't like the idea that I could spend weeks getting a gear set, and have someone dismiss all the effort and time it took by saying "you probly bought it cause you suck". And people do that, we know it. 

Edited by OwlchemistVile
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I'd say a small gil cost, or free full stop. It would remove the necessity of needing more than 1 character of a same class. I personally, do not want or feel people should be compelled to go through the leveling process and potential attunements or Faction Passive grind, simply because the resets are so costly or unobtainable without IRL cash payments.

I also am not fond in general of anything that promotes trading of end-game gear, as it's a gateway for scams, and for dodging the punitive measures of bans or suspensions. It also undermines the effort it takes to get them, when 1 group of "friends" or "family" can share a gear set for each class, reducing the participation in end-game content to achieve those, while additionally immediately lowering the, respect for geared players is the only way I can phrase it atm. 

In short, I just don't like it. I don't like the idea that I could spend weeks getting a gear set, and have someone dismiss all the effort and time it took by saying "you probly bought it cause you suck". And people do that, we know it. 

You mean zulie ofc 😛  but yeah I agree completely.  Costumes being shared or sold is fine but you should have to earn end game gear on every character, not have one set and pass it around forever. 

• Like 1