Jump to content

No Account Bound Items


Kai
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't understand the reason to why most of the items were suddenly changed into account bounds. Yup I remember you can buy trade keys with points you get from dg/war but this is a great disadvantage for new players,  and it's just plain annoying. I get the idea that the previous developers want us to be active, getting valor pts etc but I don't think forcing gears/item mall into account bound one was a good decision. Many other old mmorpgs are doing fine without this account bound system. For example one of the oldest, most famous mmorpg, also from Gravity, is still doing fine without this system.

Please reconsider this, thank you!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a personal opinion from my side on this one:

I think IM items should be account bound, because otherwise you effectively allow buying Zulie, which in ROSE directly amounts to P2W, since gear has such a massive impact.

 

I agree with you, that the majority of items should not be bound. A character should be able to get at the very least a workable starting set and possibly some great crafted items (but not in every slot!).

 

However, there is room for sensible binding (to character even). If there is a special named item, which drops at a specific location (e.g. a dungeon boss) and is thus realistically obtainable through a reasonable amount of gameplay, I don't see any reason why that item needs to be tradable. Obtaining an item that way can be very rewarding, especially if it was a challenging boss.

I don't think, that being able to buy the entire best in slot gear from other players is the answer. And obviously I wouldn't want a way to circumvent the (limited) binding either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rebus said:

I think IM items should be account bound, because otherwise you effectively allow buying Zulie, which in ROSE directly amounts to P2W, since gear has such a massive impact.

However, there is room for sensible binding (to character even). If there is a special named item, which drops at a specific location (e.g. a dungeon boss) and is thus realistically obtainable through a reasonable amount gameplay, I don't see any reason why that item needs to be tradable. Obtaining an item that way can be very rewarding, especially if it was a challenging boss.

I don't think, that being able to buy the entire best in slot gear from other players is the answer. And obviously I wouldn't want a way to circumvent the (limited) binding either.

agree that IM items should be untradeble/account bound.

disagree that unique drops should be account bound. whats my hawker gonna do with a unique named gun?
Unique named drops can still be rewarding because they are rare drops and therefore worth alot of money.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rebus said:

Just a personal opinion from my side on this one:

I think IM items should be account bound, because otherwise you effectively allow buying Zulie, which in ROSE directly amounts to P2W, since gear has such a massive impact.

 

I agree with you, that the majority of items should not be bound. A character should be able to get at the very least a workable starting set and possibly some great crafted items (but not in every slot!).

 

However, there is room for sensible binding (to character even). If there is a special named item, which drops at a specific location (e.g. a dungeon boss) and is thus realistically obtainable through a reasonable amount of gameplay, I don't see any reason why that item needs to be tradable. Obtaining an item that way can be very rewarding, especially if it was a challenging boss.

I don't think, that being able to buy the entire best in slot gear from other players is the answer. And obviously I wouldn't want a way to circumvent the (limited) binding either.

I can understand your point and yes I can agree on IM being account bound,

But please make normal gears / event costume tradeable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Winniethenoob said:

agree that IM items should be untradeble/account bound.

disagree that unique drops should be account bound. whats my hawker gonna do with a unique named gun?
Unique named drops can still be rewarding because they are rare drops and therefore worth alot of money.

I wasn't thinking about solo content here. It would all depend on how the loot distribution works anyway.

 

Also, I would not touch the current unique items for that, since they have too much history in ROSE.

But there are plenty of item sets from level >100, where an item here or there could be a bound drop somewhere (or from PvP in some form). Those items are not supposed to be more powerful, maybe just have a unique stat distribution and look. And if they were not bound, they wouldn't be special (and therefore not "worth a lot of money").

 

Let's just see if my point of view would even fit with how the game turns out. I am open minded on this, just pitching my idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rayun said:

Event items can be account bound, as it makes sure you pass event yourself to get it, and can swap between chars on same account

 

Problem is we all have a lot of accounts. 

I don't want to keep repeating same event quest, get event items, then log out, login to my other accounts, and repeating the same process. It's tedious and senseless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oh, the reason why I said I wanted IM to be tradeable in the beginning was for the same reason. Maybe not all players are like me, but I tend to have play many characters and for sure I will have at least 4 to 5 accounts. It's a pain to imagine buying same stuffs for those 5 accounts, but I understand if dev team won't allow people buying IM with zulie and I totally appreciate that.

also the late acc/gears bound for chivalrous/precious and other valor gears...  it's like forcing people to have only 1 designated job in each account... like account A only for muse. account B only for soldier, and account C only for hawker. This is making the game too 'rigid' and less fluid in my opinion. Most of new players won't know too. People tend to try each classes and most prolly they will make several jobs in their main account. Unless if we can have unlimited characters in 1 account... but still ㅠㅠ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to see something that would allow people with accounts linked to the same email account to be able to trade those IM stuff that is account bound between their own accounts only.

Having too many things account bound or even character bound leaves little space to store your favorite item/s and many people, me included there were alot of favorite items.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Winniethenoob said:

agree that IM items should be untradeble/account bound.

disagree that unique drops should be account bound. whats my hawker gonna do with a unique named gun?
Unique named drops can still be rewarding because they are rare drops and therefore worth alot of money.

Yep I am right there with ya, agree about the IM bound items and disagree with unique items I think players should have the option to either farm gear or buy it with the zulie they most likely also farmed for. I think making bound items just eventually defeats the purpose of zulie and part of incentive of farming as some people may just prefer farming for for zulie rather than gear. 

Edited by Avery
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

I would like to see something that would allow people with accounts linked to the same email account to be able to trade those IM stuff that is account bound between their own accounts only.

Having too many things account bound or even character bound leaves little space to store your favorite item/s and many people, me included there were alot of favorite items.

While this sounds awesome, it's just realistic if you don't allow people to change their account mail. Otherwise it would be a backdoor for blackmarket IM items trades. And disabling this option sounds pretty problematic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nimro said:

While this sounds awesome, it's just realistic if you don't allow people to change their account mail. Otherwise it would be a backdoor for blackmarket IM items trades. And disabling this option sounds pretty problematic.

There are some ways it could be done by managing and linking accounts on the game portal site.

Basically it would be just as if you have multiple daughter (game) accounts all under the umbrella of you portal account with free trading allowed between them

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, PurpleYouko said:

There are some ways it could be done by managing and linking accounts on the game portal site.

Basically it would be just as if you have multiple daughter (game) accounts all under the umbrella of you portal account with free trading allowed between them

 

Thank you PY, I would think they should be able to be linked, of course with all the proper security procedures in place.

To link, require the accounts to be on a 2 step authentication type of thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Trebor said:

I would like to see something that would allow people with accounts linked to the same email account to be able to trade those IM stuff that is account bound between their own accounts only.

Having too many things account bound or even character bound leaves little space to store your favorite item/s and many people, me included there were alot of favorite items.

oh Mr Rob this is a REALLY GOOD idea yes. at least we should be able to trade (IM/valor gears) between our own accounts.

I'd still say no account bounds for normal gears/unique items though. I had trouble cleaning storage for that, even giving unused stuffs out to newbies were really a pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PurpleYouko said:

There are some ways it could be done by managing and linking accounts on the game portal site.

Basically it would be just as if you have multiple daughter (game) accounts all under the umbrella of you portal account with free trading allowed between them

yup exactly this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah IM account bound is fine, but making farming gear into account bound will only make sales choices in vending shops less, because as we know that people are competing to get BiS gear whether it's from their farming or buying from other people's vending.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think those special bound items are a great idea as long as there are no items that will make those bound items tradeable.

bound = bound and you should keep it that way.

this means that people will need to play the game themselves to get strong special gear and stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nephenthos said:

i think those special bound items are a great idea as long as there are no items that will make those bound items tradeable.

bound = bound and you should keep it that way.

this means that people will need to play the game themselves to get strong special gear and stuff.

it still make no sense to me, for normal gears to be account bound. what's the point?

this is not solo rpg, this is mmorpg. We play with a lot of people, we do trade. 

 

Last time I play I can't even gave my gears away to new players as I no longer have valor pts to buy key. and I have less to no time to play that time. 

It's like, forcing me to play SoD just because I want to pass my old gears to new players? Nah!

 

Edited by Kai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Kai said:

it still make no sense to me, for normal gears to be account bound. what's the point?

this is not solo rpg, this is mmorpg. We play with a lot of people, we do trade. 

 

Last time I play I can't even gave my gears away to new players as I no longer have valor pts to buy key. and I have less to no time to play that time. 

It's like, forcing me to play SoD just because I want to pass my old gears to new players? Nah!

 

what do you define special or normal gear... what is the fun if someone with a big ingame wallet can buy the best end game gear ?

there are so many RPG's where most of the end game gear cannot be traded. this makes the replay value of the game MUCH better.

 

and im not saying everything should be bound and of course you should be able to trade the uniques and send your alt some gear and money. but im very much against people being able to buy end game gear / stuff or people being able to end game gear all their characters with 1 character. 

Edited by Nephenthos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Nephenthos said:

what do you define special or normal gear... what is the fun if someone with a big ingame wallet can buy the best end game gear ?

there are so many RPG's where most of the end game gear cannot be traded. this makes the replay value of the game MUCH better.

 

and im not saying everything should be bound and of course you should be able to trade the uniques and send your alt some gear and money. but im very much against people being able to buy end game gear / stuff or people being able to end game gear all their characters with 1 character. 

You see, people have different ways of earning things in game.

In rose, some people like to make sense/artisan, opens up a shop, vending, earning zulie -> so they can buy other things they need in game.

Some people love to walk around killing bosses, looking for unique drops, farming and selling them, that's how they earns zulie.

Some people love RNG, they sell refined stuffs. 

This? it's called Mutualistic symbiosis. 

Don't put everyone in the same basket, if you want to compare rose to other game, I can too, the the closest one, ROSE's big bro, ragnarok, nothing is account bound there. and everything is still going strong and well.

*by normal gears I said normal gears. idk if you think those preci or chivalrous stuffs are included

Edited by Kai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

You see, people have different ways of earning things in game.

In rose, some people like to make sense/artisan, opens up a shop, vending, earning zulie -> so they can buy other things they need in game.

Some people love to walk around killing bosses, looking for unique drops, farming and selling them, that's how they earns zulie.

Some people love RNG, they sell refined stuffs. 

This? it's called Mutualistic symbiosis. 

Don't put everyone in the same basket, if you want to compare rose to other game, I can too, the the closest one, ROSE's big bro, ragnarok, nothing is account bound there. and everything is still going strong and well.

again i agree with you for about 95% i think the absolute end game content could be bound and maybe as soon as a new patch releases the then bound items can be made unbound and then bound the new items from the new patch or something. 

i still think there should be some items which are a feat of strength to get so you can show off how bad ass you are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nephenthos said:

again i agree with you for about 95% i think the absolute end game content could be bound and maybe as soon as a new patch releases the then bound items can be made unbound and then bound the new items from the new patch or something. 

i still think there should be some items which are a feat of strength to get so you can show off how bad ass you are.

I don't mind having precious/chivalrous etc the "end game gears" acc bound as long as I can trade it between own accounts or they put trade keys which we can buy with valor points like the old Narose. 

But forcing me to get valor pts just because I want to give low level gears to new players are just big question mark.

I appreciate everyone's POV though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

I don't mind having precious/chivalrous etc the "end game gears" acc bound as long as I can trade it between own accounts or they put trade keys which we can buy with valor points like the old Narose. 

But forcing me to get valor pts just because I want to give low level gears to new players are just big question mark.

I appreciate everyone's POV though.

i totally agree that low lvl items should definitly NOT be account bound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...