The Many Changes of Adventurer's Plains

Zeror

If there is one zone in the game of ROSE Online which has been changed a lot then it is no doubt the Adventurer's Plains.

1. The first version was introduced with iRose. We started on Birth Island first after a few levels we could go to Adventurer's Plains.
  2. The second version didn't stay long (can't remember when this version came).
  3. Then a totally new map was introduced ROSE Online Evolution released. This was the biggest version of Adventurer's Plains. At least it felt like that to me.
  4. A more compact version of the third version.

Which version of Adventurer's Plains was your favorite? And why?

adventurerplains.jpg

---

I personally prefer the second one. I find two entrances to Valley not that useful. Especially on the newer maps it's unnecessary to have two entrances to Valley next to each other. The only thing i didn't like of the second map is the location of Goblin Cave. At the waterfalls like from the first map was better.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 3

By far my favourite is the first version. RuffRose used that one until they shut down, and it's the one i have the fondest memories of.

For some reason i get lost quickly in the newer iterations of AP, and in my opinion the newer versions are very user unfriendly because of that. 

I really hope they're going to use the old map 😄

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Zeror said:

If there is one zone in the game of ROSE Online which has been changed a lot then it is no doubt the Adventurer's Plains.

1. The first version was introduced with iRose. We started on Birth Island first after a few levels we could go to Adventurer's Plains.
  3. Then a totally new map was introduced ROSE Online Evolution released. This was the biggest version of Adventurer's Plains. At least it felt like that to me.

adventurerplains.jpg

---

I personally prefer the second one. I find two entrances to Valley not that useful. Especially on the newer maps it's unnecessary to have two entrances to Valley next to each other. The only thing i didn't like of the second map is the location of Goblin Cave. At the waterfalls like from the first map was better.

Actually in RoseNA, the one you labeled as the 3rd one was the 2nd one, very large map, the one labeled as the 2nd one was the 3rd and last one in RoseNA.    The 4th one wasn't ever used in NA, maybe other servers.

5 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Actually in RoseNA, the one you labeled as the 3rd one was the 2nd one, very large map, the one labeled as the 2nd one was the 3rd and last one in RoseNA.    The 4th one wasn't ever used in NA, maybe other servers.

Thanks. I couldn't remember anymore. Too long ago. Don't know where the 4th came from.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, Zeror said:

adventurerplains.jpg

---

- First one is iROSE, so the first version

- Second one is the 3rd version exclusive to NA

- Third one is ROSE Evolution, so the 2nd version

- Fourth one is the 3rd version exclusive to jROSE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zeror said:

Thanks Garnet! And which version of Adventurer's Plains are you going for?

Well, since we'r NA we'r probably going for the 3rd version xD

It's not my favourite one but it has the advantages of:

- Having a clear path and a clear progression

- Goblin Cave is near to the boat (really not a big fan but i see the reason)

- No confusing double gates

- Latest quest progressions and new job change are made for this version

We may redo the lightmap that looks way worse than others versions imo 🙂

iROSE is good too, Evolution is beautifull but the worst as beginner map, jROSE is very good but we don't have the licence

(before you'r asking for, we'r going for NA Luxem + same as adv plain would be good to redo lightmaps :v)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Garnet said:

iROSE is good too, Evolution is beautifull but the worst as beginner map, jROSE is very good but we don't have the licence

I find the jROSE version even worse then the evolution one. That whole map feels so cramped. Doesn't give me the feeling of going on a adventure at all. And layout is confusing too. The southern half of that map is pretty useless too besides of the Goblin Cave entrance.

• 1 month later...

Birth Island was the best place in the game though. I remember back in RuFF, we ran an event where you had to get as high level as possible without leaving Birth Island during a certain amount of time. A GM placed a shop with some basic stuff to make it even possible and after that we all just went at it. It was, to this day, one of the most fun events I've ever done. Fighting Choropies and Jellybeans until you get those low-level rare items was great!

The OG version is by far my favourite. But the 2nd version of your options is similar enough to be okay. I never liked the other two at all, but I'm a creature of habit so sue me 😛

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, Wondertje said:

Birth Island was the best place in the game though. I remember back in RuFF, we ran an event where you had to get as high level as possible without leaving Birth Island during a certain amount of time. A GM placed a shop with some basic stuff to make it even possible and after that we all just went at it. It was, to this day, one of the most fun events I've ever done. Fighting Choropies and Jellybeans until you get those low-level rare items was great!

The OG version is by far my favourite. But the 2nd version of your options is similar enough to be okay. I never liked the other two at all, but I'm a creature of habit so sue me 😛

I remember it fondly! Great event 

• 3 weeks later...

The 3rd version seems very confusing imo i dont see the purpose of the extended back end of it, I am well familiar with the 2nd and 4th version actually prefer the 2nd its easier to access Coblin Cave when using the boat in junon saves on Teleport scrolls

The first version has always been the best, in my opinion. I never cared for Birth Island as it separated new players and was dependent on the birth stone you chose. If you started everyone out right away in the same location, you can meet more people and have more of an opportunity to make friends/find a party. Removing Birth Island was a great call.. but I wish they left the original Adv Plains alone. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 11:45 AM, Zeror said:

Thanks. I couldn't remember anymore. Too long ago. Don't know where the 4th came from.

3rd party server. and they recently removed that version and went for a modified 2nd version.