Farming in the current ROSE Online versions is dead.

Thystro

Hi everyone,

Recently Ive had this discussion with a few Clannies and we came to the conclusion that the current server lacks farm spots. For example in iROSE you had several locations you could only gain certain ETC. items. For example:

• Red Hearts > Vulcans or FoW
  • Enthirics > T3
  • Low Entherics > T2
  • Essence, Low Essence etc. > B3
  • Lisents > Room 2 Prison
  • Uniques > BK
  • Etc etc.

Now with the current version we've noticed that grinding dungeons currently kills everything else for farm spots. Due to the good loot in dungeons but also the valor points you can spend to just buy whatever the hell you want. Why would you even bother farm in those certain spots? Just get some valor and buy the certain ETC you need and voila you're set! 

I miss just logging in and grinding my ass off in a certain spot to gain certain items. Currently it feels like the loottables are for about 75% the same in all the maps. For example Little Devil Feathers and Little Angel Feathers drop from Junon to freaking Orlo. 

How do you guys feel about this? 

Edit: Also the Dirties are a problem for the points given above.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 9

A big problem in the current system in my opinion, is the valor system; dragon scales for example used to ve a worm dragon wing drop, which now isn’t the case any longer, and is instead bought with valor. So the whole reason to kill that worm dragon is all gone. Just to give one example. Same with all other basic mats; no need to pick them up and / or buy them from other players, when you can just get them with valor.

i’m fine with a valor system for gear and with farming dungeons, but mats such as chems, king drops etc, I feel like that shouldn’t be available from dungeons / valor.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DegeneRedPanda said:

A big problem in the current system in my opinion, is the valor system; dragon scales for example used to ve a worm dragon wing drop, which now isn’t the case any longer, and is instead bought with valor. So the whole reason to kill that worm dragon is all gone. Just to give one example. Same with all other basic mats; no need to pick them up and / or buy them from other players, when you can just get them with valor.

i’m fine with a valor system for gear and with farming dungeons, but mats such as chems, king drops etc, I feel like that shouldn’t be available from dungeons / valor.

Fully agreed. Attached a few images from materials that can easily be bought from the valor store. The valor store is currently dumbing down the farming aspect as a whole.

image.png.dc11ee1fa85d1b3482c0e9204a80273a.png
image.png.efec90f714969f73f98b2603ac58aed7.pngimage.png.3b51c77abec49e470e674966d7c3caf1.png

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 1

Couldnt agree more. Drops in general are the same everywhere with some minor changes. All those farm spots are used to be fun but nowadays feels like wasting time because drops are nerfed and there is no point in farming B3/T3 when earning money is 100 times faster at higher levels. Feels like rushing through the levels is the best way to 'farm'. 

Getting certain mats only at specific maps will increase the fun. Also remove them from valor shop as suggested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Thystro.

Especially in regards to purchasing whatever MAT you want with valor points + MATs dropping from low level to high level areas.

I like to have several farming chars for a specific level/zone. E.g. a farming char for B3, T3 or MoG/Prison. However, currently I feel like there is no point in doing that because I can keep grinding dungeons to get valor points and buy whatever I need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maathouse said:

Couldnt agree more. Drops in general are the same everywhere with some minor changes. All those farm spots are used to be fun but nowadays feels like wasting time because drops are nerfed and there is no point in farming B3/T3 when earning money is 100 times faster at higher levels. Feels like rushing through the levels is the best way to 'farm'. 

Getting certain mats only at specific maps will increase the fun. Also remove them from valor shop as suggested.

Yes also making new bourgs or just farmers in general is cool to obtain certain set of gear and creates a sub-economy. For example the whole T3 wave in iROSE created a lot of cool things to farm.

Legend Jaguar Gloves for the win.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thystro said:

Yes also making new bourgs or just farmers in general is cool to obtain certain set of gear and creates a sub-economy. For example the whole T3 wave in iROSE created a lot of cool things to farm.

Legend Jaguar Gloves for the win.

I personally play purely to farm. I think its the most enjoyable part of Rose. This also will increase the population at lower level areas in stead of fixating it at endgame spots like dungeons.

Legend Jag 5/20 (9) ftw, the most valuable item apart from gakw haha!

• Like 4

Remember, this is Evo not iROSE.  Things are different here and always have been.  

Basically the drop system takes into account the classification of the monsters (guard, fighter, ranger, etc) . There are some items that drop from every monster on the map.  Monsters with higher classifications have a chance to drop more uncommon materials/equipment in addition to the map drops. Kings have their own tier of possible drops in addition to the other tiers.  Some materials are planet drops (like Ice Shards on Luna).

So when you kill a monster you have a chance to get several different drops instead of just one. It actually makes farming easier because you can get multiple drops from the same mobs while you are just leveling.  As someone who is working on a dealer-artisan, having those map drops is very useful.  Every material drop that is in the Valor Shop can also come from monsters.  It's a personal choice whether you want to spend valor points buying materials.

I made a guide to help players who are unfamiliar with the changes in Evo.  Maybe instead of suggesting that we take things back to how they were almost 20 years ago, spend some time to understand how things are now.  I come from a long history of playing on iROSE servers and I can honestly say that I prefer Evo to the cookie-cutter approach the game had in iROSE. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

Remember, this is Evo not iROSE.  Things are different here and always have been.  

Basically the drop system takes into account the classification of the monsters (guard, fighter, ranger, etc) . There are some items that drop from every monster on the map.  Monsters with higher classifications have a chance to drop more uncommon materials/equipment in addition to the map drops. Kings have their own tier of possible drops in addition to the other tiers.  Some materials are planet drops (like Ice Shards on Luna).

So when you kill a monster you have a chance to get several different drops instead of just one. It actually makes farming easier because you can get multiple drops from the same mobs while you are just leveling.  As someone who is working on a dealer-artisan, having those map drops is very useful.  Every material drop that is in the Valor Shop can also come from monsters.  It's a personal choice whether you want to spend valor points buying materials.

I made a guide to help players who are unfamiliar with the changes in Evo.  Maybe instead of suggesting that we take things back to how they were almost 20 years ago, spend some time to understand how things are now.  I come from a long history of playing on iROSE servers and I can honestly say that I prefer Evo to the cookie-cutter approach the game had in iROSE. 

fair enough, 1 small question: is it normal in EVO that grey mobs drop items?

for example lvl 250 ppl can farm uniques at grunter king?XD

38 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

I know that. I still can complain about the droptable right? I don't argue about EVO as a whole. There are lots of things I like and prefer. I just really dislike the whole loot system and especially the valor system and how it works with the ETC.

Understandable but all these uncommon materials can just be bought from valor. Besides the EQ which also drops from the Dungeons/Valor. Ofcourse some materials are planet drops but about +- 75% isn't.

I understand the stockpile principle I have a level 200+ bourg aswell.

No offense but I hope you understand that this comes off really salty and quite ignorant. I ain't saying it should be like how it was in iROSE, however it might be an idea to look into the valor system and the loottables as a whole. It's not like new is bad old is good.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KnightImpact said:

fair enough, 1 small question: is it normal in EVO that grey mobs drop items?

for example lvl 250 ppl can farm uniques at grunter king?XD

Yea. Unlike iROSE, Evo allows players to receive drops from all colors, including gray. There is, however, a drop penalty applied the higher level you go. This penalty % and/or rate isn’t known exactly. 

• Like 3

a huge issue with the valor shop is even if you wanted to say go farm them from the wormdragon, it is completely overscaled and you'd need like a full pt of 10 or a max level to kill it. ALL of the junon bosses have way too much HP, its got like 1.25m HP, thats more than max level dungeon bosses have.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Flagrant said:

a huge issue with the valor shop is even if you wanted to say go farm them from the wormdragon, it is completely overscaled and you'd need like a full pt of 10 or a max level to kill it. ALL of the junon bosses have way too much HP, its got like 1.25m HP, thats more than max level dungeon bosses have.

I understand your point, however, regular kings should not be compared to other dungeon kings. Though the Worm Dragon may have 1.2m HP, his other stats (Def, M-Def, Atk, Acc, etc) may be considerably lower than other kings, especially those on the dungeon level. 

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I understand your point, however, regular kings should not be compared to other dungeon kings. Though the Worm Dragon may have 1.2m HP, his other stats (Def, M-Def, Atk, Acc, etc) may be considerably lower than other kings, especially those on the dungeon level. 

oh for sure, you're absolutely right, but the junon worm dragon is level 100, the endgame dungeon bosses are 250, I was just giving an example of how high the HP is, as soon as you get to luna the kings have 250-350k hp.

• Like 2

I dont disagree with making mat drops more specialized (like feathers dropping everywhere at a low rate) but 99% dont buy mats from the valor shop; the fact that they are purchasable their doesn't deter actual farming spots, it's non specialized drop rates.

Also little angel feather and devil feathers dropping in almost ever is just clutter and makes no sense.... Theyre only used to craft a single item each (you could count 2 for angel wings though they require little angel wings to craft, and not the feathers themselves but still)

I was leveling in gorge of silence like 2 weeks ago and didnt realize how.... dragon scales even were; didnt see any drop and I dont think anything is supposed to drop them besides worm dragons.

Edited by Phish_
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phish_ said:

I dont disagree with making mat drops more specialized (like feathers dropping everywhere at a low rate) but 99% dont buy mats from the valor shop; the fact that they are purchasable their doesn't deter actual farming spots, it's non specialized drop rates.

Also little angel feather and devil feathers dropping in almost ever is just clutter and makes no sense.... Theyre only used to craft a single item each (you could count 2 for angel wings though they require little angel wings to craft, and not the feathers themselves but still)

I was leveling in gorge of silence like 2 weeks ago and didnt realize how.... dragon scales even were; didnt see any drop and I dont think anything is supposed to drop them besides worm dragons.

Yeah the loottable in GoS is not worth it at all sadly. RIP One of my favourite maps.

Just a little meme I've found on /r/mmorpg that sums up the valor system and repeatable quests imo

:d8s0j1d5508a1.thumb.png.16c59c034710456895a4c3cff9990dbd.png

11 hours ago, Avatar said:

Yea. Unlike iROSE, Evo allows players to receive drops from all colors, including gray. There is, however, a drop penalty applied the higher level you go. This penalty % and/or rate isn’t known exactly. 

This is a lil bit off topic but yes it seems kinda odd. The penalty doesn't seem to apply on uniques? I've gathered about 3 uniques thus far from grunter captains on my level 190 raider. But this is a discussion for elsewhere.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 7

To be honest, the only aspect of the Evo loot style I like is being able to use my character to farm anywhere I want, instead of needing to waste half my life making 32.7 different characters at different levels with no EXP scrolls to target farm for a piece of jelly bean shi-

I wouldn't care if they remodeled the drops to be mob specific, but if you can't farm on a max level character, and they remove valor material supplies, there's really no point to the game for anyone at max level. No farming to do, no gearing, nothing. And if that becomes the end-game, well that's an obvious conclusion.

• Like 3

The drop system has its pros and cons, with the cons seeming to weigh more heavily. It makes the game more linear, just like the repeatable quests. If everything has the same drops, go level in the optimal repeatable quest zones. If there's a drop or two you miss doing that, just bring your high level character back there to farm the drop. There's almost no point in going to maps that aren't el verloon/anima lake questline, kenji beach, arumic valley, mana snowfields, xita refuge, ruins, and fossil sanctuary. It's not even that those maps are crazy fast. The other maps just give no reward for your efforts.

edit: Pros is easier farming and thus cheaper goods.

Edited by DoubleRose
to include pros, add comma
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

The tiers for drops looks to be broken currently.  In NA you would get all kinds of loot and most of the time to get good loot you had to use the IM medals. Now there are no IM Medals and no zulie drops. What ever changes they made to the drop system aren't working. I lost count of how often I get no drops or just hp/mp. I considered buying the gems for drops but until I see some type of change to drop system its not worth it.

I also agree that all Mats should drop in game and should be removed from the Valor shops.  Gravity wouldn't change it, maybe rednim wil?

• Like 1

i was also supprised by the drop tables here every map i enter i was now i probley dont get that anymore ow they still drop here never seen that before in this map.

i still have a lot to learn with this version of rose (not sure if i ever will as i already did not lvl for 2 weeks) now i read this topic ow that why people dont bother to pick up the drops in the maps. there are so many difrent drops in the maps (because everything drops in every map) that your etc room is full verry fast and yea it gives you some money but yea the repeatable quest where giving a lot of money as well. then why spending time on picking up items when you can earn more while doing a quest and you can buy the item if you need it anyway.

for me personly 1 of the fun things of rose was you needed to look where somthing was dropping you made a lvl / farm plan on that but now its just a exp race to max lvl. and when you there you just go and ks on lo lvl maps if you really want to farm somthing. 

(because why would you kill a worm dragon with 1.2mil hp when its yellow if you can get the same drop when you are lvl 250 and do way more damage)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1