Farming in the current ROSE Online versions is dead.

Thystro

On 1/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, Rootstock said:

Agree mostly with OP, but it’s not only about drops. The game is currently set up so that it’s really only viable to play in a couple of zones to begin with.

Don’t want to level up at Fighter Clowns? Too bad, any other option will take 5x longer. Same with Doongas. All other maps are empty.

Don’t want to be broke by level 100? Better join the Krawfy craze.

And then Yetis, Pingus, Pollen… It’s all just a repeatable grind and you’ll spend half of the time returning quests. It grows tiresome quite fast. I was finally looking forward to the low level dungeons, but apparently their difficulty is scaled weirdly and they seem impossible (at least 120–150 CoU).

Now everyone just grind at the same mobs (and literally grind: it’s so mindless that 25% of party members seem to bot their way through) — no skill or good gear even needed until 160. And the places people grind at are so overcrowded they become toxic (ksing, autoattackers, bots, just general hostility) because everyone wants that same spot. Try to go elsewhere and it’s all empty.

Valor points are definitely op too. Lately I have max level people ksing me in Xita presumably for valor? And buying materials with valor is a bit silly too — plus all the OP valor gear IMO takes away from the good feel of dropping good loot or making good crafts.

/rant (I just feel there is a lot of lost potential right now, and the game too much of a grind!)

Majority of crowded power lvl spots are because people are lazy and want to walk in and just get invited to a lvl 20 pt with good heals, good lures and good aoe. People don't like going through the process of being the one who creates the pt, I've seen people who don't even know how to properly set up and power lvl pt, let alone know what a group is.

43 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

Aside from Fighter clowns being a good option for lvl'ing (there are better options) This is a pretty good point. But, allow a different perspective if I may. 

I think, leveling is something can either be, time taken to do, just enjoying exploring, and killing all the different mobs, OR power lvl'ing. And of course, power lvl'ing is going to feel like a grind. 
-if you expect to level fast, the other option is going to feel slow. But, it's supposed to be.  I think so anyways. 

I've been power lvl'ing because I generally want a toon at max level. - But, I do intend on doing the slow, enjoyment leveling as well. Just because I think that's a part of the game I'm missing out on. You're not particularly supposed to be power leveling as fast as what is currently possible imo. But, we're lucky that it's an option. 

Maybe I'm not correct, but to my understanding, this is a shared opinion. 

I agree with this to the extent that power lvling IS indeed an option, you can progress through quests and following the MQ, doing some repeatable from time to time and generally just enjoy the experience as you like, people who say this is not option in the game just say so because they feel they need to get to max lvl ASAP, and reality is, most people, me included, if they'd reach max lvl, they wouldn't know what to do next.

Enjoy the game, if you like power lvling, then so be it.
If you like questing and exploring, then so be it.

This is not a MOBA that you have to play what's meta or something, this is Rose Online, some classes are better for something than others, everyone has their function, and don't forget this is an EA, so of course, possibly, many things will change in the future.

• Like 1

You 2 ^ would have a valuable point if drops were fixed. Since everywhere drops the same crap mostly it is in fact just a rush to max lvl. Since then the drops get value.

Its so broken right now, that you have 0 benefit trying to explore a diffrent route then repeatables.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 3:37 AM, GodOfEntity said:

Aside from Fighter clowns being a good option for lvl'ing (there are better options) This is a pretty good point. But, allow a different perspective if I may. 

I think, leveling is something can either be, time taken to do, just enjoying exploring, and killing all the different mobs, OR power lvl'ing. And of course, power lvl'ing is going to feel like a grind. 
-if you expect to level fast, the other option is going to feel slow. But, it's supposed to be.  I think so anyways. 

I've been power lvl'ing because I generally want a toon at max level. - But, I do intend on doing the slow, enjoyment leveling as well. Just because I think that's a part of the game I'm missing out on. You're not particularly supposed to be power leveling as fast as what is currently possible imo. But, we're lucky that it's an option. 

Maybe I'm not correct, but to my understanding, this is a shared opinion. 

Well if there are no repeatable quest there will be aoe party's at boss spawns power lvling anyway...easy party lvl 30+ and gaining quite good exp and still explore the diffrent maps.At this state sadly no1 give a sh~~~t about kings since repeatables gives 2xtime more exp then actualy killing the most.I know alot of ppl want to pvp but they can do that on lower lvl and it's more fun tbh...Rose was made to be hard to lvl game not 24h~ to lvl 160-180.

16 minutes ago, Kotence said:

Well if there are no repeatable quest there will be aoe party's at boss spawns power lvling anyway...easy party lvl 30+ and gaining quite good exp and still explore the diffrent maps.At this state sadly no1 give a sh~~~t about kings since repeatables gives 2xtime more exp then actualy killing the most.I know alot of ppl want to pvp but they can do that on lower lvl and it's more fun tbh...Rose was made to be hard to lvl game not 24h~ to lvl 160-180.

Agree it is quite clear repeatables are too much right now. Tone them down and adjust the drop table so players don't want to just fly through certain zones because it would cause them to miss out on drops they can't get elsewhere. I don't like that the early game is so fast. Players have fond memories of those levels and they go by in an instant. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'd agree. I wouldn't be able to say which patch exactly changed all these things but I felt it when they removed all the catalysts and simplified it(2011-2012?), this narrowed the drops to quests and dungeons which leaves out the idea of players farming outside of these instances. Back then, when all these catalysts where in the drop tables you felt just how rich it was to farm monsters from your level bracket instead of spending millions to be efficient in luna or goblin cave. Now, I understand the fact of making things simple with catalysts, but certainly it left a few holes. What I am trying to say is that I want to sit in Sikkuku Ruins and farm Lisent Na, Al, Fe. Not necessarily U, leave that for the hardcore players running the quest. 

There's a problem with chemicals and catalysts, the only truly efficient way to get enough is to spam a quest in Sikkuku Ruins or goblin cave,in a certain patch which had a different drop table you could kill anything in ruins for these chemicals and catalysts. That was a huge mistake because they killed the interest on people who like to play an MMO through open world farming, after these patches, all these maps became deserted, you can definitely see the same symptom in the actual game, if there's no quest then there's no reason to farm those mobs. 

References for the patches mentioned have some very good arguments suggeting these things.

https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/33072-patch-notes-v333

https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/31623-patch-notes-v332

https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/30997-patch-notes-v331

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crushock said:

I'd agree. I wouldn't be able to say which patch exactly changed all these things but I felt it when they removed all the catalysts and simplified it(2011-2012?), this narrowed the drops to quests and dungeons which leaves out the idea of players farming outside of these instances. Back then, when all these catalysts where in the drop tables you felt just how rich it was to farm monsters from your level bracket instead of spending millions to be efficient in luna or goblin cave. Now, I understand the fact of making things simple with catalysts, but certainly it left a few holes. What I am trying to say is that I want to sit in Sikkuku Ruins and farm Lisent Na, Al, Fe. Not necessarily U, leave that for the hardcore players running the quest. 

There's a problem with chemicals and catalysts, the only truly efficient way to get enough is to spam a quest in Sikkuku Ruins or goblin cave,in a certain patch which had a different drop table you could kill anything in ruins for these chemicals and catalysts. That was a huge mistake because they killed the interest on people who like to play an MMO through open world farming, after these patches, all these maps became deserted, you can definitely see the same symptom in the actual game, if there's no quest then there's no reason to farm those mobs. 

References for the patches mentioned have some very good arguments suggeting these things.

Thanks for those links! Good to dive a lil bit in the history and see how much discussion there was about the different loottables. 

PS: I noticed a lot of my friends already quit due to the current farming system.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crushock said:

Couldnt agree more, I really dislike the dirties. Its the main reason droptables are poor. Together with the valor shop.

I havent logged in for weeks aswell, right now this isnt the Rose online I would like to play.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't pick up mats anymore ever since I read the valor shop in forums. Mats prices are low since you don't need to hunt them. Like the Worm Dragon Scales. And that's why don't care that much now. I thought mats will be valuable since it will be coming from specific monsters. And many people just do the valor quest much easier they said. Seen few people in Xita while I'm grinding. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 4:09 PM, Thystro said:

For the people that agreed with me,

Please upvote for free cookies ❤️

I voted wohoooo.

As a newbie. I collected mats lol. I thought it will be the same since this is Rose. And crafting is very valuable.  But nah. Lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zyk said:

I voted wohoooo.

As a newbie. I collected mats lol. I thought it will be the same since this is Rose. And crafting is very valuable.  But nah. Lol

Yeah it's kinda sad really. 

The thing they did with LCF is a small upgrade though, but still doesn't feel that rewarding in making a new char and gaining mats again that are worth collecting. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thystro said:

Yeah it's kinda sad really. 

The thing they did with LCF is a small upgrade though, but still doesn't feel that rewarding in making a new char and gaining mats again that are worth collecting. 

The tool used to change the LCF update did a great job, but the tool needs to be expanded to work on all the other drops. It's a work in progress, but we'll get there!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Avatar said:

The tool used to change the LCF update did a great job, but the tool needs to be expanded to work on all the other drops. It's a work in progress, but we'll get there!

Cool, glad to hear.

Keep it coming 🙂

• Like 1

"Due to the good loot in dungeons but also the valor points you can spend to just buy whatever the hell you want." yup. remove the valor materials - Mason.

i said it from the very start, to remove that npc with its materials so people could farm materials. i agree, why farm when i could dungeon all the day long and go buy them there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 6:57 AM, 1 Corinthians 15 1-4 said:

"Due to the good loot in dungeons but also the valor points you can spend to just buy whatever the hell you want." yup. remove the valor materials - Mason.

i said it from the very start, to remove that npc with its materials so people could farm materials. i agree, why farm when i could dungeon all the day long and go buy them there.

Hope this gets implemented. It also fair for new players to have balance economy and have profit in gathering materials. Specially the rare ones. 

It's like just max out level now. And spam DG. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 1:33 PM, zyk said:

Hope this gets implemented. It also fair for new players to have balance economy and have profit in gathering materials. Specially the rare ones. 

It's like just max out level now. And spam DG. 

ive become a dungeon simulator. i genuinely remember when valor materials were introduced that it just was not the same at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, 1 Corinthians 15 1-4 said:

ive become a dungeon simulator. i genuinely remember when valor materials were introduced that it just was not the same at all.

Hope it gets really revised. It's good for established players. But current vending economy is not good for newbies trying to earn zulie.

• Like 2

i just remember taking sundays to take the champ to sikuku ruins and farm lisent U off the spiders. and remember coming back and making a profit of like... maybe 10m, which at that time was pretty good imo. but now lisent U is just everywhere in dissassembly, dungeons, you name it. love this game still. wont stop playing. but would like to see that valor merchant dissapear.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again for another future chaos. I think  some of these people who wanted another changes again have already hoard  enough materials/items for future OP price for sale just like what happened to Lisent U. I remember  when they asked to take out lisent U drop from ruins , i think  the price of  lisent U that time  is like 10k or less but look how much it costs now.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

1 year has passed since this thread was created, and we already have this "Drop changes galore" patch added 2 months ago, but what effects do these changes give? Honestly, very little.

I read through the whole thread of comments, everyone was asking something along the lines MakeFarmingGreatAgain by leaving certain crafting materials exclusive to certain area to be farm-able by certain character levels. But then what? Are we asking things that were easily obtainable before to be made hard suddenly? Say like we should make it hard to craft Devil wings in 2024? The big money is at Risen Phoenix Wings, Fallen Astarot Wings, there is no natural demand for those low level non-meta items, the way how this game is played right now is to get to max level and spend your hard earned zulies towards those meta items. You wouldn't want to waste zulies on Lv.100, 130, 160, 180 gear because it doesn't pay off staying at those levels as the game economy revolves around max level.

And I don't think we have the development resource to just simply add new items into the game, unless they are bringing back community contributed items, I remembered the Jabberwock shield and Turtle backshield was community created. Plus, they won't make previous IM items to become artisan crafted items, they need those MTX to fund the game development.

It's not a simple few steps to bring back the good old farm, vend, craft cycle. A lot of changes added in the past make the game linear along with a dwindling population like dungeons grind, eventually the game ran out of opportunity for everyone because everyone hoarding the same stuff. But in my opinion, there are several big problem and big changes need to pay attention to

1) You can't let any characters to get drops from grey monster, I believe currently drop gems and clan passive ignore level difference penalty.

2) The flow and retention of farmed mats and gathered items are heavily bottlenecked by character inventory slots (Too many junks), and the need to leave clients on in order to vend. This game needs to have off-line vending for fungible items (Such as mats/TBA/scroll), this will ease up the lack of vending slots in the UI and mitigate some players experiencing d/c issue.

3) The lack of zulies earned by Lv.1 to 200 contributes to the non-existent economy for those levels. No zulies means noone will farm/vend/craft. As mentioned in 1), you have no incentive to gear up a low level character as you can use a Lv.250 character to farm everything, and you have no incentive to buy crafted gear because you will pay very little and the vendors are not interested in earning you those little plus you can always use valor gear.

4) If 1) were to be fixed, then it will become harder to gather mats, so we should ease up the storage fees, item weight, and perhaps high level tier gems success rate should be improved since it is harder to gather mats.

5) Regarding 2) We need to delete or merge up the redundant mats, someone mentioned those Lisent Na, AI thingy, those were the things back then, we need to take steps further to merge these chemicals, we don't need a full spectrum rainbow of colors of chemicals, and we don't need a gem tier every 20 levels, these king dropped gems have a tier per 20 levels. And it will be really nice if we finally have tool tip to show if a mats is a junk or a crafting mat.

6) Regarding 3) where players from 1-200 have way too little zulies earning opportunity, I don't even mean they can't afford the stuff sold by high level players, they have a hard time to even afford the stuff offered by NPC, travel agents, storage NPC. I don't know why we are so hard on noobs, Inflation doesn't come from low level players, they come from high level players spamming these 2m daily quest in Orlo on multiple account and chewed bone. When the deflationary economy hopefully fixes itself in the future, the players would want to make their money from new players who grind their journey from 1 to 250, not from players who grind these 2m daily Orlo quest and chewed bone.

7) We also need to take a look at some item balancing due to power creep development in the previous NArose, things like Epic weapon was a big red flag of power creep, it is so over-scaled that basically non of the Lv.210 exalted weapon viable. My point is, some items at similar level should serve as options, choices instead of direct obsolescence, a lot of the Epic weapon share the same bold stat as their Lv.210 exalted weapon, so they fail to serve as choices.

Finally, I read somewhere that the developers are revamping the drop tables of ALL stuff, it better to come along with the changes where you can't reveal the drop table with a Lv.250 character, the fun of ROSE comes from revealing the secret of the drop table to open a stream of income of yours, it's not me sitting in front of my screen dangling my head half asleep to hope the Lv.100-120 torture is finally over, and it's not me spamming the same dungeons over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We fully agree with most of the feedback from this thread, some of the changes we already worked on still have to hit Live Server. Here is our vision for the Drops :

• Get rid of this feeling that ALL the monsters still feels the exact same
  • Keep cleaning the valor AND honor shop and adding back the items to their originals mobs (like we did for Little angel feathers)
  • Remove the MANY inconsistencies ( ex: Bird feathers dropping from pumpkins....)
  • Bring back Mob and Map identity which was taken away almost 15 years ago during the big drop revamp
  • Bring back the "discovery/mystery", where players need to go and figure themselves like in the old days.

The main reason these changes take so long is that updating the drop tables are a tedious task, and require a lot of testing.
We need to prioritize these changes while taking into account all the other changes that also need to be implemented and that are not related to drops. It's all about time management and prioritizing the developers' development time. We're farming too, and we're looking forward to fixing the problems that our whole community is feeling.

Take a look at the community Feedback from back in the days. it's been 15 years of complaints. It was only a good system on Paper

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 12:01 PM, Drezynit said:
  • Remove the MANY inconsistencies ( ex: Bird feathers dropping from pumpkins....)

I think this is a big one. I always felt that some drops didn't match the mob that dropped the item. Are you considering adding new monsters to match this even better. Like adding a bird enemy that drops the Bird feather.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1