No Account Bound Items

Kai

14 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Low level items weren't bound.... especially not white name ones. 

I'm not only talking about white stuffs like denim jeans we can buy from npc as players play and will get blue drops etc. I'm also talking about normal drops like saints, the legend, the elven, the golden, the dark. The weapons, and alot more that WP made account bound. I do respect everyone's opinion and glad to hear them all. if some people think all items need to be account bound I respect that. 

I'm also glad to see a lot of other people pointing out their opinion about what should be account bound and what not. especially Youko's pov.

In the end it's just a suggestion. I will appreciate whatever decision dev team takes and play the game.

Because I totally understand WP's intention, they want players to be engaged more in DG and war. It's not a bad thing, it's actually good. just that I think they overdo it by making the mere blues acc bound.

Edited by Kai

Also, if it's based on IP as the blanket, and depending how and when it's authorized, simply account sharing to trade items is not only outside the spirit of the restriction, but it's a vulnerability for scammers to exploit. 

Edit: Sorry, is it REALLY that big a deal that a level 10 blue item you got from a Pumpkin isn't tradable??? Kai's said himself he isn't talking about end-game gear, if other proponents are also along the same line of thought, are we really debating an item that gets replaced after 20 minutes of leveling???

Edited by OwlchemistVile

31 minutes ago, Cigojnar said:

I don't support that. Remember account sellers? :EmoteAngry:

whats the difference? we had point TRADE KEYS too back then, not like everything is account bound FOREVER.

IM can be unbound with trade keys too back then. Now DEV team "seemed like" they want to make IM bound FOREVER in one account and I'm not totally againts that. But again, think and read carefully what I said. it's the same nothing was bound FOREVER to ur acc. so it has nothing to do with acc sellers.

now my point is: the "hassle" of trading blue gears. 

Edited by Kai

1 minute ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Wrong, some items were bound forever, it was called "locked". You both Bound, which could be unbound, but Locked meant it was yours forever. 

I'm talking about IM and the quoted 'gears'

even faith costumes were ofc tradeable once getting unbound.

Edited by Kai

and no matter where your gear is, will that stop people from selling their accs? People buy naked acc or fully geared acc. But nah this is going way too far to what I really wanna talk about

Acc bound blue items.

These were the trade restrictions, so we can clear up some terms here.

Item Mall Costumes: Account Bound on Equip.
Item Mall Mounts: Account Locked on Use.
Grade Common [White Name] Gear: Character Bound on Equip.
Grade Rare [Blue Name: Drops + Crafted]: Character Bound on Equip.
Grade Unique [Purple Name]: Character Bound on Equip.
Grade Valor/Honor [Green Name]: Character Locked on Acquisition.
Any Grade w/ Socketed Rune: Character Locked until Rune removed.

These restrictions were universally applied without regard to level. 

For re-iterations sake:
Bound could be Unbound.
Locked was permenent.
Please use the terms to clarity sake cause I believe there is confusion being derived from using "bound" inplace of all resitrctions.

40 minutes ago, Cigojnar said:

I don't support that. Remember account sellers? :EmoteAngry:

As long as there is some sort economy or trading allowed there will trading of real-world money for ingame items. Just need to find the sweet spot to make that as hard as possible. 

Long debates over nothing much in my opinion.
No items should be bound or locked or whatever. Zulies have to mean something, while some are hardcore pvp / pve players some are traders and shouldn't be limited as such.

The only items that should be untradeable / bound are item mall items for obvious reasons.

Edited by Shid0x
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shid0x said:

Long debates over nothing much in my opinion.
No items should be bound or locked or whatever, zulies have to mean something, while some are hardcore pvp / pve players some are traders and shouldn't be limited as such.

The only items that should be untradeable / bound are item mall items for obvious reasons.

EXACTLY THIS

^

Edited by Kai

1 minute ago, OwlchemistVile said:

These were the trade restrictions, so we can clear up some terms here.

Item Mall Costumes: Account Bound on Equip.
Item Mall Mounts: Account Locked on Use.
Grade Common [White Name] Gear: Character Bound on Equip.
Grade Rare [Blue Name: Drops + Crafted]: Character Bound on Equip.
Grade Unique [Purple Name]: Character Bound on Equip.
Grade Valor/Honor [Green Name]: Character Locked on Acquisition.
Any Grade w/ Socketed Rune: Character Locked until Rune removed.

These restrictions were universally applied without regard to level. 

For re-iterations sake:
Bound could be Unbound.
Locked was permenent.
Please use the terms to clarity sake cause I believe there is confusion being derived from using "bound" inplace of all resitrctions.

It would just feel dumb for the first few weeks when no one has any resources to unbind items and not being able to trade purples/blues. 

• Like 2

That'd be assuming the Faction Quests aren't adjusted to lower levels. I personally plan to use the faction quests to get very early "Valor" gear for an advantageous power gain early on, since the best ones are simple delivery quests. 

It also assumes the lower level dungeons aren't also yielding "Valor" / "Faction Point" / whatever name they give it. They did say they wanted lower leveling dungeons. Dungeons which also might yield good leveling gear. 

Edited by OwlchemistVile

33 minutes ago, Kai said:

IM can be unbound with trade keys too back then. Now DEV team "seemed like" they want to make IM bound FOREVER in one account and I'm not totally againts that. But again, think and read carefully what I said. it's the same nothing was bound FOREVER to ur acc. so it has nothing to do with acc sellers.

now my point is: the "hassle" of trading blue gears. 

I agree, but to unbound it you had to buy a Trade key with real money from game publisher, so even if you were violating rules and selling accounts or items for real money you were still supporting game publisher in a way. (not that I support that kind of conduct)

I also like the idea of nothing to be account or char bound (free economy). The question is, how the publisher will make some revenue, but that's their nut to crack I reckon. :SkillTrade:

25 minutes ago, Cigojnar said:

I agree, but to unbound it you had to buy a Trade key with real money from game publisher ....

You could buy it from IM but it wasn't mandatory, there were in-game options for that. 
The Developers would make money hand over fist if they allow the IM costumes to be freely sold, as they were in NA. 

• Like 1

Speaking on IM being locked/bound ...

Does anybody know if they have disabled the "Gift/Transfer" function that's inside of the Item Malls Inventory/Storage? That should be disabled, as it will be one of the first things abused by players trying to sell IM Points for Zulie and or scammers.