Character Slots and Storage Expansions in Item Mall

Sneaux

We're nearing 2 weeks into Early Access and I can confidently say I will indeed pay money for more character slots and storage pages.

I think extra character slots are an easy convenience sell. There's no argument of pay to win as you can already have multiple accounts, even if you're limited to playing 2 at once. If you want all classes now you can already make more accounts to accomplish that. Why not offer a way to have them all on one account? Here's some notes about character slot expansions:

1. Slots are offered individually or as a pack of 4.
  2. 1 Slot is 250 IM Points (around $2.50 USD)
  3. 4 Slots is 800 IM Points (around $8 USD)

As for storage expansions, I know there's some controversy around these as they're bordering pay to win by some players' definitions. However, I don't feel there's any legitimate hardcore advantage to having more storage space available. Players can already make more accounts to handle extra storage needs. Why not offer a paid way to keep it all on one account? Some notes about storage expansions:

1. Pages are offered individually, as a pack of 4, or a pack of 8.
  2. 1 Page is 250 IM Points (again, around $2.50 USD)
  3. 4 Pages is 800 IM Points (around $8 USD)
  4. 8 Pages is 1400 IM Points (around $14 USD)

You could also offer an "Account Expansion" combo pack that includes character slots and storage pages in one purchase to make it easier. Some notes about a combo pack:

1. Offered as a small pack: 2 character slots and 4 storage pages for 1000 IM Points (around $10 USD)
  2. Also offered as a big pack: 4 character slots and 8 storage pages for 2000 IM Points (around $20 USD)

Prices are definitely placeholder, but I do feel like these prices are completely reasonable for the convenience of keeping everything on one account. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Edited by Sneaux
  • Like 6

• Sneaux changed the title to Character Slots and Storage Expansions in Item Mall

I don't know or care about the legitimacy of the pricing you're mentioning.  I understand they are examples.

I completely disagree that storage space and character slots can be considered P2W.  They fundamentally are P2C (Pay-2-Convenience).  As you said there are F2P ways of accomplishing the same things.

I completely support the idea of having character slots and storage tabs as item mall options.  I think if I had to tweak your suggestion a bit, it would be;

1. Give everyone 2x 'Character' storage slots by default (per character, duh)
2. Make extra storage slots for Account/Character a premium price, because they have already been generous in giving us an extra character storage slot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Give the premium storage pages for a subscription, for example $10 a month. I'd happily pay this subscription.

I also agree that storage space or character slots are not p2w elements. Certain benefits for payment have to be added into the game to bring revenue at one point or another. Not a single MMO can remain fully free to play. You either choose blatant p2w or f2p with p2c. The game also cannot depend on people paying for cosmetics as their only source of revenue.

• Thanks 1

I'm also in full support of having a medium-length quest in the game to get more storage pages, as well. Perhaps Character Storage could be expanded through Questing, Premium Storage could be accessed from Premium account, and regular storage could be expanded through IM. There's definitely a solution here that works for everyone without being Pay to Win.

So i have made a dealer and am quickly running out of room in storage maybe add more storage or a way that dealers can add more storage.

In Na rose premium acc got more storage which i am assuming wont happen in this version

Also 1 slot in character storage seems to little maybe 2 or 3 slots with so many things binding to character on use

Edited by SlothnessMonster
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sumbudy said:

theres 4 pages of slots. you also have account and character tabs. Personally i dont understand why people need that much storage when 90% of the stuff youll never use lol

My storage is 50% full and I sell 90% of the mats I pick up.

A 2nd personal/character tab would be an idea. Maybe with using skill points as a dealer 2nd job class skill. With last tier of Backpack Mastery as requirement perhaps. I would not add a another tabs for your account.

Edited by Zeror