Trebor

Town Scrolls  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a change in Town Scrolls?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to recommend that NPCs for each town carry the previous town scrolls besides their own.

So, AP would only have a AP scroll

Zant would have Zant & AP

Junon would have Junon, Zant, AP and Goblin Caves

Gorge would have Junon, Zant and AP

Something like this would be something I would like to see.

This might also be good for the other planets as well.

Edited by Trebor
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MagicianTrent said:

I don't mind Town scrolls as long as it only for a few main towns.

The scrolls to teleport to any map I'm not in favor of in any form. It takes away from exploring the maps/worlds.

agreed,

travelling is a fun aspect in most MMO's. you should not be able to get everywhere instantly but you also dont wanna have a travel time of like 20-30 min everytime u go somewhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MagicianTrent said:

The scrolls to teleport to any map I'm not in favor of in any form. It takes away from exploring the maps/worlds.

Exploring is done in 1st month or 2 of playing. After that it is end game content. And with all maps compressed into 100 levels, I think it's good to have every map return scroll. Why? E.g. you are on some map on Orlo and clannie or friend asks you for help with some king in El Verloon Desert. It's  really annyoing if it takes you 5+ minutes of running to get there. Will you do it? Maybe once, maybe 100 times but for sure not every time 🙂

And with scroll you can still explore maps if you want.

Just now, PurpleYouko said:

Could add some of the more obscure map scrolls just as drops via monsters in those maps. Gives us a new thing to farm for and sell later.

Oh, that might be interesting to add for sure!

If I recall, there used to be other scrolls that were in the client and I believe were once sold at the item mall?

3 minutes ago, PurpleYouko said:

Could add some of the more obscure map scrolls just as drops via monsters in those maps. Gives us a new thing to farm for and sell later.

Or doesnot teleport you to same place on map, but some preselected random area, what still shortens travel but makes you walk a bit :Choropog:

• Like 2

I agree that exploring maps is one of the best parts of any game especially this one but getting around in ROSE is painfully slow.  If I remember right from the livestreams, I think they are removing mounts temporarily so we won't have that 2 week little Choropy mount to help us like we did in NA either so scrolls will be even more important.

Personally I wouldn't mind if we had a scroll for every map but I feel that even if we just have the scrolls we had in NA it will be better than not having scrolls at all since I am guessing we will not have teleportation scrolls in the IM anymore

1 hour ago, MagicianTrent said:

I figured I'd be in the minority.  I'm a cart person thru n thru as I love to drive around the maps and give people rides. Once mounts were introduced, it was like everyone forgot about carts and driving.

Probably because the quest to learn to drive was such a pain lol but I do also love carts with the back seats.  I think in one of the streams Lazy mentioned something about having a passenger on a mount.  That would be pretty neat but it wouldn't work on all mounts since so many of them your toon just kind of hangs on the back  I could see it on mounts like the reindeer tho.

I believe it was DoD and Gorge of Silence that were previously IM, then Gorge was changed [I think] cause you could buy it from the little town they added. 
I would like scrolls to stay roughly as they were. IM Teleport tickets were a nice QoL upgrade seeing as you only needed 1 inventory slot instead of 10-15, as well as had every map, not just a select few. 

6 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I believe it was DoD and Gorge of Silence that were previously IM, then Gorge was changed [I think] cause you could buy it from the little town they added. 
I would like scrolls to stay roughly as they were. IM Teleport tickets were a nice QoL upgrade seeing as you only needed 1 inventory slot instead of 10-15, as well as had every map, not just a select few. 

I hope they stay the same too

Here is a thought for the town scrolls, instead of having different town scrolls, but having one scroll almost like the Teleport Scrolls that were sold, but they would only have the ability to going to the major towns on each planet, but, you can only use them at certain levels and only for those towns or areas on the same planet?

Just a thought!

Yes it is a pain to have tons of all the different scrolls on a character.   As new planets open up, so does those part of the scrolls will also show those planets, but of course, they would not allow for interplanetary travel, only same planet travel.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PurpleYouko said:

I think this would be the best move, if you can scroll from planet to planet. 

Only town scrolls (Junon Polis and Zant) as this will let us be seen by newbies whenever we move from one place to another since most newbies play dependent on how many active players they will see. With this, we will be able to help them incase they are completely lost in game.

• Like 1

I don't like scrolls. Just have the natural fast travel option to move between cities, like an air bridge between junon/zant/AP.

Then add a way to travel faster:

eg: It would be nice if every map had an NPC that gave you a temporary (huge) speed buff that disappeared once you got in combat.

That way you could remove scrolls all together.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:44 PM, MagicianTrent said:

I don't mind Town scrolls as long as it only for a few main towns.

I think this is a really important point.

You see this for example in World of Warcraft Retail VS Classic. The world feels dead, everybody just stands in one place since they can instance in and out into dungeons etc. 

In Classic you will have to walk from one zone to another, which makes the world feel alive.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Thystro said:

I think this is a really important point.

You see this for example in World of Warcraft Retail VS Classic. The world feels dead, everybody just stands in one place since they can instance in and out into dungeons etc. 

In Classic you will have to walk from one zone to another, which makes the world feel alive.

While I understand where the point comes from, that's not quite an accurate representation.
Mages had portals/teleports. Warlocks had summons. You had hearthstones. There were teleport items. And of course, the ever handy flightpaths. 

Why isn't it more convenient to remove the scrolls completely from the game and also from the mobs that drop it. This gives you the feeling that you still have to walk back and forth from city to city to eventually get somewhere. Now it's pressing 3 buttons and you're back to where you were leveling. Or do we just have mobs that can drop the scrolls?

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 1:12 AM, PurpleYouko said:

Agreed! Better to have it as a random drop from mobs and if possible, locked to lower level characters for them to sell to earn their initial funds as they level up.