Party level transfer coupon

Averybee24601

I was thinking, it would be really cool if there was some kind of coupon that consumed, and absorbed the level of your current party (only if you are party leader) and it completely reset your party to level 1, and saved the level of that party in that scroll and could be used on a party for a different time if you wanted to save that party level, and transfer the hard work you did in leveling the party, to another party if you for example had to leave and wanted to savor that extra exp. I understand maybe rednim would rather people have to relevel a party every time, idk but this would be something that is bought for a good amount of zulie at an NPC, and has a limited amount of uses, ( i recomend 1 use per) and maybe add a cooldown of how many you can purchase in a week. as its a very valueble asset and would be unfair to use it as many times as you want. So, this would not be without cost and a super easy thing to get, you still have to make sacrifices.

Before you say, "i dont like the idea of saving parties"

Let's be honest, we all know that back in NA days when people had a level 50 party, or any leveled party they wanted to save, and they had to leave, they would just pass it to a friendand just vend and afk that whole time until that player was back online and would pass it back over to them. and this method will absolutely be used regardless if this item were implemented. I just think this would be a really cool legit way to save that party and allow people an option to avoid doing that, creating for less inactivity of people afking and in in general discourage unorthodox methods of getting around things such as this.

Pros: 1.)      Promotes zulie use making the currency more valueble

2.) discourages party passing and unnecessary inactivity for the sole reason of saving a party

3.) Would be more respectful of players time not having to relevel the party, unable to save their hard work. 

cons 1). players without the required amount of zulie could not use this feature.

2.) would reduce the grind and allow for easier party leveling.

I'd love to know what your thoughts are on this idea! 🙂

Thanks, Cheers Rosarians!

Edited by Averybee24601
  • Like 2

I don't like this idea but if it was to be implemented I'd also add this:

1) A charged scroll that has levels on it can not be traded to anyone who was not in the party when it was created or sold for zulie.

That way in only benefits the person who actually worked for their party levels, and not lazy people who just purchase party levels from people botting party levels. If the leader, or someone in the party at the time, then wants to continue with their earned benefits, let them.

• Like 3

On 9/10/2022 at 1:10 AM, Wondertje said:

I don't like this idea but if it was to be implemented I'd also add this:

1) A charged scroll that has levels on it can not be traded to anyone who was not in the party when it was created or sold for zulie.

That way in only benefits the person who actually worked for their party levels, and not lazy people who just purchase party levels from people botting party levels. If the leader, or someone in the party at the time, then wants to continue with their earned benefits, let them.

And i think these scrolls shouldn't be able kept unlimitedly either. So:

2) A player can only have maximum of 1 charged scroll in their inventory. The charged scroll cannot be deposited into the storage and cannot be shared across other characters of the same account.
3) A charged scroll must be used be used within 3 days. After 3 days the scroll is no longer active and can be sold as a trash item to a vendor (the higher the party level, the higher zulie value).

And i also think it's a good idea that when a party leader want to save the party level into a scroll and reset the party level to 1 all party members must agree on it, so the option cannot be abused. And i think it's fair that all members get a scroll. Not just the party leader.

But thumbs up for the idea! 👍 I like it.

Edited by Zeror

• 5 weeks later...

I agree, that the whole party level situation is not great right now. While your suggestion would fix some inconveniences it still does not address the core issues with it. Personally, I'd prefer to see a rework to it, such that it

1. does not vastly increase your XP at the highest level (offering the XP bonus mostly for just being in a party, independant of levels),
  2. is a fun experience to start a new party and go through the levels (e.g. offering choices of different buffs/effects/party skills).

Making party levelling feel like a chore and it feeling like a waste if you are not in max level party is no fun. And the meta gaming (keeping the party alive while offline etc. or using a token) makes this whole system even less fun in my eyes.

• Like 2

I agree on most you say Rebus, apart for your reworks. The thing why the party XP increase has been implemented in my eyes is that you can leech other chars and still get more XP. The whole thing of being in a party makes the killing of mobs already more efficient, and if your in a party with all active fighters or with a supporter since you can tank more/kill faster. Why give them another boost compared to solo players?

I would say remove the XP bonus completely, although this would harm solo players as well since they will be in a party with their own chars.

It is just that I don't like XP boosts of any kind.

11 hours ago, Rebus said:

I agree, that the whole party level situation is not great right now. While your suggestion would fix some inconveniences it still does not address the core issues with it. Personally, I'd prefer to see a rework to it, such that it

1. does not vastly increase your XP at the highest level (offering the XP bonus mostly for just being in a party, independant of levels),
  2. is a fun experience to start a new party and go through the levels (e.g. offering choices of different buffs/effects/party skills).

Making party levelling feel like a chore and it feeling like a waste if you are not in max level party is no fun. And the meta gaming (keeping the party alive while offline etc. or using a token) makes this whole system even less fun in my eyes.

I personally would ditch the party level completely. You just have a party to play with other people and challenge foes together. And simply no other benefits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeror said:

I personally would ditch the party level completely. You just have a party to play with other people and challenge foes together. And simply no other benefits.

I would really want maps to be divided into party-specific and solo-leveling. I really wanna see a strategic play when leveling even if it is not a dungeon. One party strategy that exists and aged well is the lure and aoe combo. But I want to see more than just that.