Please Bring Back the 1st Hit Authority in looting

Rhyjel

yeah it is totally random. It also went this far that when I first hit and a clan comes and damage it as a group, I wont get to loot because ONLY one group is allowed to loot this. If they wannna make it fair then make KINGS give direct loots to players like dungeon rewards! Make them stronger and more HP so we have something like world bosses. This is way more fun and brings more gems, loots into the economy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shujin51 said:

yeah it is totally random. It also went this far that when I first hit and a clan comes and damage it as a group, I wont get to loot because ONLY one group is allowed to loot this. If they wannna make it fair then make KINGS give direct loots to players like dungeon rewards! Make them stronger and more HP so we have something like world bosses. This is way more fun and brings more gems, loots into the economy.

You are spot on about kings having rewards / being world bosses that can be tackled with a group, this would incentivise a lot more players to engage in this content 🙂

Just make a dungeon that has only that boss and so on and is gona be one player. Why 1? if people find out how to 2 client they can spam it so badly.

Let's say for example :

Junon tab with more sub tabs 

Dungeon 1: Aqua king

Dungeon 2: Doonga king 

and so on. Same for eldeon,orlo 

Or make 1 dungeon and player can pick wich to fight. you can put a timer of 30min on that dungeon so u know it don;t spam

Edited by MeNewbie

Okay, my Enargite Marquise [13] got looted today by some people who came late.

Same scenario, I got 1st hit and brought the boss' hp to 50% but some other guy picked it up 🙂. Please, just revert the looting priority to 1st hit AGAIN until you get this bug sorted out. Thank you and cheers!

Im  getting more and more sick of this change every time I attempt to farm bosses. Why was this changed in the first place? Who asked for it? Who likes this inconsistent drop system better than it was before? I've only heard people talking about how it was better when it was first hit, and have yet to hear someone talk about how they like it better now. 

Now it just encourages bming, before you see someone already fighting a boss, you dont bother them because you arent going to get the drop. Now go right ahead and continue killing it and maybe you'll be able to steal the drop from them even if they already did half the hp to the boss and were there a minute before you arrived. 

• 3 weeks later...

We probably need a poll for this ( i have my opinion on this thread but i prefer to keep it for myself for now.)

Also, if you guys think there is really a bug in the current system (ex: the other player neither got the first hit and neither did the max damage) please record and show us so we can be sure there is really bug.

• Like 1

Just make it random and without first hit and damage basis so that everyone of us has a chance (meaning regardless of class, even if your knight, you can still have the opportunity to get these) and we can also lessen our players farming 24/7 and selling the stuff farmed thru RMT as our aim for the game is to play to win not a pay to win scheme.

• Thanks 1

That poll is a little disingenuous based on the poll options being biased. First option is just what your drop preference would be. Second option is saying that you like to ks (kill steal) people which some people think of as negative or rude.

44 minutes ago, Kaizy said:

That poll is a little disingenuous based on the poll options being biased. First option is just what your drop preference would be. Second option is saying that you like to ks (kill steal) people which some people think of as negative or rude.

Fair point. @GodOfEntitymind editing the options a bit? 

The reality is, kill stealing IS negative and rude.

- First hit is king (something that was once said in this game) --- Is something that is only respected in ruins now (by some people) 

First hit has meant the kill is yours for so long, that any other scenario is a KS. 
Language does matter. Of course kill stealing is negative and rude.
Unfortunately, knowing that fact doesn't change the opinion for some people. 

We live in a society where a lot of censorship happens to spare people their feelings, rather than being blunt and being direct about things.
(which in the end causes a lot more harm in society than anything else, but I've digressed) 

The update allows kill stealing to happen. This is the reality on how many people view this. I'm not going to sugar coat that fact because some people feel bad that is what they like to do. 

I like facts. If it can be proven to me without a doubt that it is not kill stealing, I will edit the language. But I think the language is appropriate for its truth. It seems most of the community agrees with this viewpoint. 

Yes, I do mind editing the options to spare peoples feelings from reality. 

Edited by GodOfEntity

7 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

kill still IS negative and rude.

These are your emotions being expressed. Not the truth of how the mechanic actually works. Game mechanics have no feelings and cannot be interpreted to have some.

8 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

Yes, I do mind editing the options to spare peoples feelings from reality. 

Your feelings are being spared by including them into your diagnosis of what the mechanic should and should not be.

Games fixed this issue by making things client side. Other games fixed this issue by introducing participation mechanics like Ive explained. First hit was a mechanic that was fair in earlier versions of ROSE but not current, in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Bluntastic said:

These are your emotions being expressed. 

You're not wrong entirely there. In a game like Predecessor, I view kill securing(kill stealing) as quite important. As it negates damage. It also encourages "moving on to next target". 

In ROSE, a high level continuing to kill grunter king, even though they didn't get first hit from the "lowbies" while it did diminish the EXP for the group of lowbies hitting it. It ensured that the boss respawned quicker so that they might get the next one. But now they can be rewarded with loot, for robbing the lower levels of that EXP from the boss. 

Expressing our emotions can be something that is extremely important in this world as long as it is done in a healthy manor. It is important for you or I to express our emotions outwardly for our own personal reflection, for also others to understand where others are coming from. 

Let me reflect here. On both standpoints. 

I view this as kill stealing because it's been seen since the conception of ROSE, That first hit is priority. Therefore to take a kill that has been "secured" with a first hit, I consider as kill stealing.  

--Your view. 

It seems to me, that you believe that the mechanics of the games dictate the reality. Such as how I view Paragon kill stealing. I'd argue it's not a kill steal because the mechanics of the game encourages this sort of engagement by players. 

However, my rebuttal to such argument, is that sort of mechanic for a game like this is not good,
That first hitting, is in fact, the most fair mechanic we can possibly have. 
That might be, why I, and many others, believe that mechanic should be reverted to its original state. 

Edited by GodOfEntity