Remove repeatable quests and reduce accuracy on purple mobs

Sui

Rose Online in its current Early Access state is a very repetitive and boring experience to level efficiently which consists mainly of spamming repeatable quests for 30-40 levels in the same area until you move on to the next planet. While the game can be played differently, this results in a very inefficient leveling experience, quickly making people fall behind, making it less enjoyable for the average player. Here are two suggestions which I believe can greatly improve this experience.

1. Remove repeatable quests. These quests might seem like a good idea, but each planet seems to have 1-2 golden spots where it's more efficient to level than anywhere else, and the flat exp rate of the repeatable quests just makes it a sweet spot for leveling for far too long. As a result, the entire server grinds in that one area and all the monster spawns are constantly being contested. In Junon this is Doonga/Krawfy (lvl 35-70), Polar Bears/Penguins in Luna (lvl 70-120), and Pincer/Nepenthes in Eldeon (lvl 120-160), and Orlo is the same story. 

Some quests are so powerful that it even makes sense to ignore the level gap in parties and team up with people 19 levels higher/lower, giving up on shared party exp so that you can spam the quest faster. This defeats the purpose of exploring other zones and creates a very repetitive experience.

2. Reduce accuracy on purple mobs. Long story short, we shouldn't be able to hit purple mobs the way we currently do. A level 35 shouldn't be able to hit a purple lvl 70 Krawfy in the first place. It is only because this is possible that people started flocking to these dense spawn areas like Krawfy beach at very early levels and spend way too much time there. I feel like accuracy should depend on the color of a mob:

Blue/green: miss very rarely
    Yellow: miss occassionally
    Red: miss more often than hitting
    Purple: miss a lot

This will force people to stick to areas created for their level and move on to the next zone as soon as they level up, as I believe the original development team intended it to be played.

This will of course slow down the current experience a lot, so perhaps these changes could be combined with a general PvM exp rate increase.

Looking forward to hearing feedback on my thoughts!

Best,

Sui

Edited by Sui
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Let's see how the nerf to the krawfy and doonga quests shapes out. I wouldn't remove the quests. Just make other areas more appealing and or tone down quests that are obviously too good.

The issue of those quests is party sharing rather than the quest itself. Doing it solo takes a while, but sharing with six other people means you can do it in x7 the time.

Accuracy does depend on color of the mob. Rather than making a larger effect, I'd like to see some sort of swarm bonus. If you want to pull a bunch of krawfy, the mob becomes enraged and does bonus damage.

Lots of people go to OT instead of Xita. Haven't gotten to Xita yet, but it wasn't crowded in past iterations. Those quests give valor and I'd say valor quest rewards are too low currently now that the p2w +50% valor boost is gone. Valor used to be something you could theoretically farm, but not really without paying money. If these quests are too good for leveling, then tone down the exp reward and raise the valor reward. Then it's a tradeoff to do valor quests instead of leveling faster somewhere else.

• Like 3

I would agree to removing repeatable quests if it meant also increasing exp from monsters, but just up and removing them i disagree with It's a ridiculous grind to level and that is the only thing that makes it manageable.. I'm pretty sure that's what they did, they decreased monster experience significantly and placed the high exp on to repeatable Which is very tedious, and reduces diversity in spots to level at because there are not repeatables at every single spot. I completely agree with this if they were to just increase base exp of monsters. Without, I think it would be much more miserable to level (It already it an extreme grind) It does not need to be more grindey.    

Edited by prettywomanlover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

Let's see how the nerf to the krawfy and doonga quests shapes out. I wouldn't remove the quests. Just make other areas more appealing and or tone down quests that are obviously too good.

The issue of those quests is party sharing rather than the quest itself. Doing it solo takes a while, but sharing with six other people means you can do it in x7 the time.

Accuracy does depend on color of the mob. Rather than making a larger effect, I'd like to see some sort of swarm bonus. If you want to pull a bunch of krawfy, the mob becomes enraged and does bonus damage.

Lots of people go to OT instead of Xita. Haven't gotten to Xita yet, but it wasn't crowded in past iterations. Those quests give valor and I'd say valor quest rewards are too low currently now that the p2w +50% valor boost is gone. Valor used to be something you could theoretically farm, but not really without paying money. If these quests are too good for leveling, then tone down the exp reward and raise the valor reward. Then it's a tradeoff to do valor quests instead of leveling faster somewhere else.

Two things:

1. When doing AOE pulls correctly, nobody gets attacked, the mobs are lured into one zone and then one-shot by a group of people who have put all their ability points in AOE abilities. So you can make them as painful as you want, won't hurt good AOE parties.
  2. I have been to Xita in this current iteration, sitting at lvl 150+, and can confirm that these repeatable quests are by far the most efficient way of leveling up. Most people go from lvl 120-160 in a few hours by spamming these quests. People tried OT and quickly came back saying it wasn't worth it.
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sui said:

1. I have been to Xita in this current iteration, sitting at lvl 150+, and can confirm that these repeatable quests are by far the most efficient way of leveling up. Most people go from lvl 120-160 in a few hours by spamming these quests. People tried OT and quickly came back saying it wasn't worth it.

Then buff OT and or as I said make the quests more about valor than xp. The issue still is that a party is absurdly more efficient for quests than soloing. That too is fixable. Require more proofs to complete the quest but give double proofs to solo/parties of two or three.

Instead of removing the quests, just make them a single run quest. I like the EXP and zulie rewards, but being able to spam them does feel a bit overtuned. It still doesn't address the leveling issues. Seems like leveling speed is really erratic.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sneaux said:

Instead of removing the quests, just make them a single run quest. I like the EXP and zulie rewards, but being able to spam them does feel a bit overtuned. It still doesn't address the leveling issues. Seems like leveling speed is really erratic.

The reward from doing it just once is lackluster. How about changing from infinitely repeatable to somewhat repeatable? You can do the quest several times, maybe five or so. If you also add more quests for other maps and other monsters, then there's a powerful incentive to level in all sorts of spots.

• Like 2

How about no.
If you don't like questing, don't do it.
If you don't want mob hitting you so often/hard, put points into defense and stop being greedy with damage/pulls.
If you want to stop missing the mobs, put more points into CON / take your accuracy passives

This isn't a design problem, it's a lack of self control problem.

Edited by OwlchemistVile
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

How about no.
If you don't want mob hitting you so often/hard, put points into defense and stop being greedy with damage/pulls.
If you want to stop missing the mobs, put more points into CON / take your accuracy passives

Did you even read the post? 😄

I did. It came off as trying to gate-keep how other players have their fun. Who are you to dictate how and when players can level or go fight harder monsters? Seriously. If you don't like fighting Purple monsters, then don't. But when you see someone else doing it and you start making forum posts to try to get the dev's to prevent them from having their fun? That's just toxic and gate keeping behavior.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I did. It came off as trying to gate-keep how other players have their fun. Who are you to dictate how and when players can level or go fight harder monsters? Seriously. If you don't like fighting Purple monsters, then don't. But when you see someone else doing it and you start making forum posts to try to get the dev's to prevent them from having their fun? That's just toxic and gate keeping behavior.

Overdramatic as usual, Owl 🙂

8 minutes ago, Sui said:

Overdramatic as usual, Owl 🙂

I'm an entertainer, what do you expect. The idea is still bad, stop trying to backseat how others enjoy the game mate. You always have the option to not do something you don't like. Leave others player experience alone.

32 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

How about no.

Agreed. 

You arent forced to do any repeteable quests, so if you dont like them dont do them.

If you dont like to level on a "sweet spot for far too long", then dont. 

If you dont like a particular party's level gap, leave it. 

If you want to pursue the "purpose of exploring other zones", you are free to do it.

If you dont like the "repetitive experience" these quests create, do something else. 

Boom problem solved and others can keep playing the way they want to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I'm an entertainer, what do you expect. The idea is still bad, stop trying to backseat how others enjoy the game mate. You always have the option to not do something you don't like. Leave others player experience alone.

Alright, good that we're serious again. I'm just sharing feedback based on my own experience and saying that it's a bit boring and repetitive to level this way. As the post acknowledged in the first paragraph, anyone can play the game the way they want, but playing the most efficient way is boring and repetitive. I can't imagine anyone really enjoying sitting at Penguins for literally 50 levels with the only alternative being to go somewhere else and falling behind everyone else because no other spot comes close in terms of exp rate. If people do enjoy that, then by all means the dev should keep it this way.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nkvc said:

Agreed. 

You arent forced to do any repeteable quests, so if you dont like them dont do them.

If you dont like to level on a "sweet spot for far too long", then dont. 

If you dont like a particular party's level gap, leave it. 

If you want to pursue the "purpose of exploring other zones", you are free to do it.

If you dont like the "repetitive experience" these quests create, do something else. 

Boom problem solved and others can keep playing the way they want to.

You're right, but then there should be other options that give similar exp rate. Currently, there are no other similar options, everything else is much much slower. That is the problem.

10 minutes ago, Sui said:

You're right, but then there should be other options that give similar exp rate. Currently, there are no other similar options, everything else is much much slower. That is the problem.

Yeah but those options should not include removing repeatable quests. Maybe raising exp a little bit in less populated areas, create repeatable quests in other areas to encourage people to go there etc etc. 

Also sometimes you cant have it both ways. Optimal leveling or a bit slower and more exploring route. Choose one or the other. 

Edited by Nkvc

Hmm, I'm inclined to agree with the guys saying not to change it. I think like you said man, people flock to these places, so people clearly value it. If you don't like the flocking, then don't do it. When we played in the past, it was a grindy game, there is a particular group of people who genuinely enjoy that. The alternative doesn't sound very pleasant, if I'm being honest. I think a lot of people who are playing are playing for nostalgias sake, not because they are after a new game. I heard they have changed the cleric system, haven't reached it yet, but will suck balls if the buffs they give are seemingly irrelavent. It's the same sort of deal, it would likely just kill the experience faster for more people, imo 🤔

• Like 1

No one is forcing anyone to do repeatable quests or hog the best spots in a certain area. I for one know of many different areas where the xp is great and the mobs are a little bit tougher the game is made to explore not just rinse repeat what you have been doing for years. 

It may not be the same areas people are camping in previous iterations but it follows the same narrative. Find a place with uniques then that can become a Hotspot or this area gives more zulie let's camp there, this place gives better xp let's camp here. 

It's a player flaw not a game design flaw. I can't bet you 1m zulie that when people make alts they follow the same route because it's easier for them. 

I am not gonna go into the mobs section because I feel I will argue this and feel stupider at the end eventhough I am right.