A Second 'Character Build' Tab

Vaztuz

I think this is going to be a very welcomed feature. Imagine, alternating character builds anytime you want? For instance, a Sword Champ having a PVM build and then a PVP build where he can choose depending on how he wants to play? Same goes for a Cleric for a 'Solo Leveling' build and then a 'Full Support Build' and how much more with Artisans having a 'Leveling Build/Farming Build' and a 'Crafting Build' which I'm sure all Artisans would love. Now it's up to the developers how to implement this; a difficult quest chain or item mall. Who knows, maybe even the possibility of a 3rd build tab? Now if skill and stats resets would still be available in IM, obviously it would only work on one build tab.

I think this way, I think there would be more players who would often experiment on character builds with one primary build as their 'Stable Build' while doing experiments on the 2nd character build.

Edited by Vaztuz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, trytoguess said:

I like this idea. My one hope if that if we need to do a quest to get the 2nd character build slot, then make the quest doable even if you have a non combat build like a craft only Artisan.

I agree. If possible, maybe around the level where a player starts to engage in PVP more often. Around level 100+, maybe? Definitely after getting the second job.

If IM will still sell stat/skill resets, I hope the developers would see that with this feature, it's very possible that a lot of players will be inclined to have their 'own personal build' if the game have this feature. For example, it's more likely that a player's first build will be a PVM build; either they created it on their own or they will find in a forum somewhere where build idea's are shared. Then, on their second build would probably be PVP build which we all know, a lot of players tend to tweak a lot. I don't think it would eliminate the need for a stat/skill reset since it would only be resetting the stat of only one build. It would probably be the opposite. I remember this player often experimenting with Champ Axe and identifying what skills it lacks and all. I think his name is Feuer? Something like that. With more players experimenting on new builds, developers would have more ideas on what skills to work around and such.

Also, with the possibility of WASD movement, I would definitely be experimenting on 'Kite Build' characters while knowing that every time that I fail the build, I would have a stable build that can still use while working around my experimental build. I can already imagine building a Kite Build Cleric, Artisan and Bourg. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trytoguess said:

I like this idea. My one hope if that if we need to do a quest to get the 2nd character build slot, then make the quest doable even if you have a non combat build like a craft only Artisan.

What about no quest to unlock it, but just reaching a certain level and you get a 2nd build option. Like around level 70 or something. Not everything has to have a quest to unlock it.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Zeror said:

What about no quest to unlock it, but just reaching a certain level and you get a 2nd build option. Like around level 70 or something. Not everything has to have a quest to unlock it.

That would also work. Although I do like it when I have to earn something in-game instead of being given something (YMMV of course). Maybe most players they can do a dungeon to get an item drop while the artisans can craft the necessary drop?

6 hours ago, trytoguess said:

That would also work. Although I do like it when I have to earn something in-game instead of being given something (YMMV of course). Maybe most players they can do a dungeon to get an item drop while the artisans can craft the necessary drop?

But you did earn it.... By reaching that certain level that unlocks the feature.😉 Some things doesn't have to be over complicated.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wondertje said:

I'm probably in a minority, but it seems to me that this is just another suggestion that removes proper RPG elements and instead moves towards a sandbox game.

The thing is if there is a way to reset your stats or spells then people are gonna do this anyway. Because it's a tedious job to reassign all those stats and spells it's better to offer a proper way to do this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wondertje said:

I'm probably in a minority, but it seems to me that this is just another suggestion that removes proper RPG elements and instead moves towards a sandbox game.

I think I understand what you're trying to say and to be honest, something has been bothering me with the suggestion I made and thanks to you I can now point out what's been bugging me. I admit, my suggestion is vague and lacks some explanation. The reason I thought of this feature is because I believe all players would love this kind of convenience and  it also suits the game very well.

The second build tab is strictly for convenience sake. Just like what @Zeror said, it just eliminates the tedious job of redistributing the stats and skills every time you reset skills and stats whenever you want to focus on PVM or PVP, or for when a character like and Artisan to convert his build from full crafting build to leveling/PVM build, or if a player only enjoys PVM then he would probably have a 'solo leveling' build then another one for party/group/dungeon build.

Now with that said, I think you're thinking of this feature when it comes to actual gameplay. For example; during combat where, a Spear Champ suddenly switches to a Sword Champ build, or a full buff cleric switching to combat build during dungeon runs. That's not what I intended with my suggestion, 😄. So, like I mentioned, it's strictly for convenience sake. So I think the restrictions with this feature would probably be like this:

1. Cannot be used when in combat. ( This is the one that has been bothering me. LoL )

2. Cannot be used inside dungeon instance. ( One must change his/her build before entering dungeon )

3. Feature is considered a skill with long cast time? ( Probably an animation where the character floats for a few seconds, maybe 30 seconds? Skill execution can also be interrupted. )

4. If feature is considered as skill, maybe cool down of 2-3 minutes?

5. If resetting stats/skills, the build that you want to reset should be the active build and reset skill/stat item would only work on active build.

Developers can add more restrictions if they want to if they see that this would affect actual game play where this feature could be exploited. I hope this clears things a bit and I hope I explained the feature much better. 🙂

Edited by Vaztuz
  • Like 4

On 9/12/2022 at 11:34 PM, trytoguess said:

I'm kinda off-topic but I would prefer it if crafter Artisan should still have strong combat ability. Like for example, Weapon Craft passive should have a combat-side effects like bonus attributes or attack effects. Then Weapon Craft passive is the prerequisite for weapon crafting actives.

10 hours ago, RoseOnPlayer said:

I'm kinda off-topic but I would prefer it if crafter Artisan should still have strong combat ability. Like for example, Weapon Craft passive should have a combat-side effects like bonus attributes or attack effects. Then Weapon Craft passive is the prerequisite for weapon crafting actives.

I want to one shot smack poeple with my hammer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1