Wondertje

Pretty self-explanatory suggestion: Mounts should go into the PAT tab in inventory. Why? They, just like cars, are part of transportation and there's no reason for them to take up an inventory slot elsehwere.

EDIT: I noticed this during the alpha test at the last hours when I got a Choropy mount, thought it felt strange and off when I literally lost it in my inventory for a second, lol.

Edited by Wondertje
  • Like 2

They are in the consumable tab because at NA, we had temporary mounts as well as permanent mounts. If you did the questline that begins with the fairy in Adv Plains, you received a 2 week Choropy mount and a 30 day Chicken mount when you reached level 50.  They worked on a timer and when you first opened the box that contained the mount, the time started ticking down.  When the time ran out, the mount disappeared. There were also some 30 day mounts in the Item Mall.   

Rednim removed those two mounts from the questline and are currently figuring out what they want to do with mounts. 

Honestly I don't care where they are stored as long as we still have them in the game.  They are so much more convenient to use in most situations.  The only problem I can see with them being in the PAT tab is the fact that there is no ride pet skill like there is for driving a cart. You would probably have to open inventory to use them and that would make them much less convenient.  

Edited by HoneyBuns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@WondertjeHB is correct that we had them in Consumables and not the PAT tab (Personal Automated Transport) but that doesn't feel right to me anymore. Especially if we give Dealers craftable summons that have removable/equippable parts. Where do they go? PAT tab? Inventory tab? PAT is meant for (mechanical or thaumomechanical) transport vehicles but mini-CG summons wouldn't be ridden. Well, until they are, at which point I guess they're just PAT, but at that point what's the difference between a mini-CG and an actual CG? And how would you summon it to fight instead of ride? Do you now need another CG skill?

If we had a tab just for summons we could integrate the breeding idea, growing these mounts from egg/capsule form to their max evolution as a few of us have talked about on here before. It'd be a more interesting interface detailing your mount combat stats and other stats seen in gacha monster games. I reckon it'd help beastmastery a lot, give clerics and hawkers a nice edge during midgame and lategame. 

Good suggestion, though.

Edited by Bobbity
Fell asleep while typing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

The only problem I can see with them being in the PAT tab is the fact that there is no ride pet skill like there is for driving a cart. You would probably have to open inventory to use them and that would make them much less convenient.  

That's already the case regardless of where in the inventory they are, unless I missed some secret difference between the two storage areas? And as far as I know they can be keybound themselves so that wouldn't be much of an issue.

I totally agree. The consumable tab is already limited as is and we don’t need more stuff taking up space. We could rename the PAT tab as PAT/Mounts or something and put them right in there. PAT has a lot of inventory space and throughout all the years I’ve played I’ve only ever used the first and maybe half of the second rows. That’s a lot of space wasted. 

3 hours ago, Wondertje said:

That's already the case regardless of where in the inventory they are, unless I missed some secret difference between the two storage areas? And as far as I know they can be keybound themselves so that wouldn't be much of an issue.

It's no secret. Since they are a consumable item at least currently, you can drag the mount to your skill bar just and use it the same way you do fruit or mp/hp pots.  You don't lose buffs while on a mount unlike with a cart, so having the mount on the skill bar makes it very convenient when moving around to find another leveling spot or just generally.  

Again, I don't care at all where they are stored but without a ride mount kind of skill, I'm sure you will have to open inventory every time you want to use the mount.

Edited by HoneyBuns

Maybe carts should be mounts as well then. An engineered one and a better mount. Where you need to assemble the cart-mount at a cart engineer NPC. You need the Cart drive skill first before you can do that. Mounts could be acquired early on and then the carts later.

So instead of having a PAT tab where you can put in cart parts to make a cart. The tab will be become a Mount-tab.

12 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

They are in the consumable tab because at NA, we had temporary mounts as well as permanent mounts. If you did the questline that begins with the fairy in Adv Plains, you received a 2 week Choropy mount and a 30 day Chicken mount when you reached level 50.  They worked on a timer and when you first opened the box that contained the mount, the time started ticking down.  When the time ran out, the mount disappeared. There were also some 30 day mounts in the Item Mall.   

Rednim removed those two mounts from the questline and are currently figuring out what they want to do with mounts. 

Honestly I don't care where they are stored as long as we still have them in the game.  They are so much more convenient to use in most situations.  The only problem I can see with them being in the PAT tab is the fact that there is no ride pet skill like there is for driving a cart. You would probably have to open inventory to use them and that would make them much less convenient.  

The timer was a bit unfair as it counted down from time of activation and not from time in use. So if you stayed away for a week or two from the game you would lose the temporary mount.

2 minutes ago, Ashura said:

The timer was a bit unfair as it counted down from time of activation and not from time in use. So if you stayed away for a week or two from the game you would lose the temporary mount.

Well I guess that's one way to look at it but on the other hand, it was pretty nice getting a Choropy mount as a newbie and it certainly helped make moving around more enjoyable. It also showed new players that there were mounts in the game but those first two temp mounts were removed from the questline months ago now anyway.

At this point the devs are working out how they want mounts integrated into the game so we don't know if there will even be temporary mounts anymore.  They were a nice way to try out a mount to see how you liked the look and feel of it before buying it so they definitely made sense but mounts might not even be in the Item Mall anymore.  Nothing has been confirmed either way.

40 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

Maybe it's an NA thing then, but on other servers I play they can be hotkeyed from the PAT tab as well.

It was definitely a "thing" at NA lol

This is all confusing to me, tbh. In the normal way of things on NA, one could hotkey a mount and have quick access to mount it. Very easy. A PAT like a cart or CG was activated through its corresponding Ride skill which could be hotkeyed as well (requiring of course for the PAT to actually be assembled in the PAT window). It's only when we try to fuse the concepts of PAT, mount and summon that things would get tricky.  Hmm. As HB said, currently, putting mounts in the PAT tab might force them to operate under the rules of PAT vehicles, needing a Ride skill for activation.  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Bobbity said:

currently, putting mounts in the PAT tab might force them to operate under the rules of PAT vehicles, needing a Ride skill for activation.  

There is no indication as to why this would be the reason. I don't believe the PAT tab is any different from any other tab when it comes to being able to keybind the item if it's a mount. If that's a hurdle, I have all faith the devs can fix that. Seems kinda backwards to not even try just because it might've been different at NA.

• Like 2

Very true; we'll have many options soon enough and should think more out of the box. I dunno how this would affect my 'summons as mounts' idea, though. Imagine if muses had a class advantage of 'free' mounts just by investing in their summon skill subtrees. Would the playerbase cry?

• Confused 1

I am not seeing any problems by having mounts following the PAT rules to require the Ride skill. Maybe the Ride skill can be changed to be acquired at level 20 or something. You get Ride skill level 1 then. To use Carts you need to upgrade to ride skill level 2 (maybe at level 70) and for CG you need to upgrade to Ride skill level 3 (maybe at level 120).

For speed: Animals/monster mounts are a slower then Carts or CG. So it does pay off to upgrade to a Cart.

For abilities/weapons: Whether it's a animal mount or a cart mounts. Ability items or weapon items should be available for both of those. Specials saddles for animals for example and the abilities/weapons we already have for the carts/CG's.

For Fuel (Energy): Fuel gets renamed to energy. Mounts need to energy to use. Animal/monster mounts uses fruit to regain energy. Carts/CG needs to use fuel to regain energy.

For the UI: UI gets upgraded (see my photoshopped example below). Animal/monster mounts can be used immediately if you have the Ride skill. Carts and CG needs to be assembled first at a PAT Engineer. Mildun in Junon Polis can be a PAT Engineer for example. Bring the body part, wheels, engine etc... to make the Cart or CG whole.

MOuntsystem.jpg.7e6350af78f14eda7b232720cc8c73c6.jpg

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 9:51 PM, Zeror said:

For speed: Animals/monster mounts are a slower then Carts or CG. So it does pay off to upgrade to a Cart.

MOuntsystem.jpg.7e6350af78f14eda7b232720cc8c73c6.jpg

I love the concept however i am a bit confused with the speed ability, I think animal mounts should be faster dependent on the type of mount you require and should be faster than CG and some Carts, animal shouldnt have combat ability therefore i would suggest faster than the other two.

13 hours ago, Ashura said:

I love the concept however i am a bit confused with the speed ability, I think animal mounts should be faster dependent on the type of mount you require and should be faster than CG and some Carts, animal shouldnt have combat ability therefore i would suggest faster than the other two.

I understand what you are saying. Of course there could be faster animal/monster mounts as well, but you shouldn't be able get those earlier then around the zones that match with the level requirement for carts. So around halfway on planet Luna i guess. Mounts you can get before cart-level should be slower or else Carts would be a joke. Everyone would try to get animal mounts instead. So maybe there could be rare versions of the animal/monster mounts that are slightly faster then carts, but the regular animal/monster mounts should slower if you ask me.
Keep in mind that ROSE Online ads from back in the days are selling the game showing the Carts and CG as the superior vehicles. So i think Carts and CG should be that way. That's the theme of the game, not the animal/monster mounts, they came later. Those are not part of the original idea of ROSE Online.

Edited by Zeror