Class Comparison (PVP)

I haven't seen an in-depth analysis of each of the classes and think this will help new players determine what to be for PVP. Everyone has a different play style and appreciates different aspects, so please keep that in mind. Below is my analysis and rankings based on playing each class. Please read and I look forward to your feedback!

Summary of Findings:

image.thumb.png.a2e727c3e661b0d6524c9a141a3f2c1c.png

image.png.d99eef3fa383890a79154923e25ed331.png

I determined that there is 4 dimensions to assess each class in PVP (Lethality, Survivability, Areana Points, and Versatility). I gave them each scores to provide a numeric way of ranking the classes. This scoring can be somewhat subjective and my vary based on playstyle. The highest score a class can get in one of the 4 dimensions is 5, with 1 being the lowest. 

Lethality is a character's ability to kill, inflict damage, and crowd control. Some classes may have better single-target DPS while others have greater group damage via an Area of Effect (AOE) skill. I determined this was the most important in the matrix granting it a score of 4!

Survivability is the character's ability to stay alive in PVP matches through a variety of attributes to include movement speed, defense, magic defense, dodge, health points, or skills effects (mana shield, shield spikes, etc). I determined this also important, and scored it a 3.

Arena Points is the characters ability to earn points in arena matches. This may be arguably one of the hardest to capture, however, through multiple screenshots shared in discord and experience I was able to score each class. This was given a score of 2.

Versatility is the characters' ability to adapt to many different functions or activities. Again, this is kind of difficult to score, but can this class do multiple things through its skills. What capabilities does this character have in regard to offense, defense, summoning, healing, resurrecting, buffing, de-buffing, and other team functions. This was given a score of 1.

1. Mageimage.png.b63c33b5c2427a0046cd1ede14c0b442.pngimage.png.865164649fa02ecea7918ef2717f9db3.png

Strengths: Range skills, Magic User, Crowd Control, Varying elemental skills, AOEs, Enhanced Mana Shield, Damage Output, High Magic Defense

Weaknesses: Low HP, Low Physical Defense, Mana Shield Cooldown

2. Support Clericimage.png.0dfb873721ef7ec0acf565345f2dedcd.pngimage.png.a3240f00263bac891f5ec7fa8354257e.png

Strengths: Mana Shield, Block Rate, Individual Heals, Group Heals, Crowd Control, High Magic Defense, De-buff Removal, Effect Resistance, Movement Speed

Weaknesses: Extremely Low Damage Output, Low HP, Medium Physical Defense, Mana Shield Cooldown

3. 3-way tie (Bow Scout, Katar Raider, Dual Raider) image.png.d6062c4b2659880e8fc2675573a0e13d.pngimage.png.4a375368f8c0caa08a55ea7c5b035392.png

image.png.8034cf82f7812c17f159db0bc0827bf0.pngimage.png.07db4038e7e94aa1179400092de5bb16.png

Bow Scout Strengths: Long Range, Burst Damage, Invisibility Skill, Dodge Rate, Elemental Skills, Movement Speed, Summoning

Bow Scout Weaknesses: Low HP, Medium Magic & Physical Defense

Katar Raider & Dual Raider Strengths: Damage Per Second, Dodge, Invisibility Skill, Cloak Skill, Elemental Skills, Movement Speed

Katar Raider & Dual Raider Weaknesses: Low HP, Medium Magic & Physical Defense, Limited Range Skills

4. 2-way tie (Cannon Bourg & Crossbow Knight)image.png.54e0ec5476d13cce66c0c66570ed1a60.pngimage.png.9f5d1c3bd967b9113ae410d3a23682f4.png

image.png.6d9b8204085fa7c5169d822a003e084b.pngimage.png.a2a31d97bee96190aebbe8315af69612.png

Cannon Bourg Strengths: Area of Effect Damage, Damage Over Time, Range, Buffs

Cannon Bourg Weaknesses: Low Physical Defense, Medium Magical Defense, Limited Crowd Control, Medium HP

Crossbow Knight Strengths: High HP, High Physical Defense, Buffs, Range, Taunts, Damage Over Time

Crossbow Knight Weaknesses: Low Damage Output, Low Movement Speed, Low Magic Defense

5. Spear Championimage.png.ecb53c9de3944ce5a404170d36a7123b.pngimage.png.739ddd547f8f20391fd812e76e4eb8ea.png

Spear Champion Strengths: Dodge Rate, Area of Effects, Medium Damage Output, High HP, Buff & AOE Debuffs

Spear Champion Weaknesses: Low Magic Defense, Medium Physical Defense, Limited Ranged Skills

6. Melee Knightimage.png.e90a0f5df84967af0469c83be3609ffd.pngimage.png.6f80ffcc04f3f92f0aae6d3271878308.png

Melee Knight Strengths: High HP, High Physical Defense, Buffs, Area of Effects, Taunts

Melee Knight Weaknesses: Low Magic Defense, Limited Ranged Attacks, Low Movement Speed

7. Gun Bourgeoisimage.png.379079232bc42625bcbb7a79921d08a4.pngimage.png.7272b716757a535a4540fbfc88dfb077.png

Gun Bourgeois Strengths: Long Ranged Skills, Damage Per Second

Gun Bourgeois Weaknesses: Medium HP, Low Physical Defense, Medium Magical Defense

8. 2-way tie (Offensive Cleric & Sword Champion) image.png.ecb53c9de3944ce5a404170d36a7123b.pngimage.png.0dfb873721ef7ec0acf565345f2dedcd.png

image.png.03ac99ce713c4685a716e1f2ee264fb1.pngimage.png.88ecc8b989075e429dd8e8014ea0d47a.png

Offensive Cleric Strengths: Block Rate, Dodge Rate, Mana Shield, Ranged Attacks, Summoning, Attack Speed, Crowd Control, High Magic Defense

Offensive Cleric Weaknesses: Low Skill Damage, Low HP, Low Physical Defense, Limited Heals

Sword Champion Strengths: Mute Skill, Area of Affect Skills, High HP

Sword Champion Weaknesses: Low Magic Defense, Medium Physical Defense, Limited Ranged Skills

9. Axe Championimage.png.ecb53c9de3944ce5a404170d36a7123b.pngimage.png.ab1364ad8bc7267ffde40c22b743bff1.png

Axe Champion Strengths: High Damage Skills, Limited Area of Effect Skills

Axe Champion Weaknesses: Low Accuracy, Low Magic Defense, Medium Physical Defense, Limited Ranged Skills

10. Crossbow Scout image.png.083ee1c67a62d0a259abce2fba20ac48.pngimage.png.45e08e1d01fef35b09bb5ed5f5bffc40.png

Bow Scout Strengths: Medium Range, Block Rate Dodge Rate, Elemental Skills, Movement Speed, Summoning

Bow Scout Weaknesses: Low HP, Medium Magic & Physical Defense, No Invisibility or Cloak

11. Artisanimage.png.9f5d1c3bd967b9113ae410d3a23682f4.pngimage.png.9cf81618c2193ecc303adc4858b48027.png

Artisan Strengths: Crafting Abilities, Long Ranged Skills, Accuracy, Damage Over Time, Limited Harmful Effects

Artisan Weaknesses:  Low HP, Low Physical Defense, Medium Magical Defense

Edited by Austinbomb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's cool that you put this together but there's definitely some....bias? 

Like how does a support cleric have offense? Even if you count the sleeps and mutes a battle clerics has the same one plus actual damage.

Artisans are also not that bad, theyre still doing more damage than champs and knights in the average AA game

Posted (edited)

Their AOE sleep, single target mute, and their mute is the best crowd control in the game. Maybe it shouldn't be in lethality, but its definitely a game changer for any type of PVP match. It will probably fit better for versatility.

Thank you for the feedback!

Edited by Austinbomb

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

*looks at Austinbom with slight concern* 

You might have too much free time on your hands sir. 

But also, this is pretty awesome. Good job. 

Thanks! LOL I've worked a lot with excel so it was actually very quick. Decision Support Matrix with graphs 🙂

Edited by Austinbomb
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

*looks at Austinbom with slight concern* 

You might have too much free time on your hands sir. 

But also, this is pretty awesome. Good job. 

He’s like the pvp guru. This is really helpful though. Now I know that artisan (my fav class) is 🐕 💩 in pvp.

Edited by kaiserkiva
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phish_ said:

It's cool that you put this together but there's definitely some....bias? 

Like how does a support cleric have offense? Even if you count the sleeps and mutes a battle clerics has the same one plus actual damage.

Artisans are also not that bad, theyre still doing more damage than champs and knights in the average AA game

I think the Artisan is pretty fair. They are good at damage, but a good frame of reference I always use is that Artisans and Visitors have the same number of defensive passives. That being 0. Lol They can blast though in the right hands, not like a Mage, even though they're squishier than a Mage. But still blastin

Here's my personal ranking based on experience:
1. Mage - Nuff said. High burst damage, mobility, accuracy, a fkton of disables (stun, mute, slow), and goddamn tanky too.

2. Xbow Knights - Unkillable by any physical class alone, but can kill anyone since they have DOTs, long range slow, and a guaranteed stun. It has been shown in the recent 3v3 how they're a menace with 3 taunts available to one knight.

3. Full support Clerics - Immortals, sometimes tankier than a knight. 3 people might not be enough to bring it down.

4. DOT/Dual Raider and Bow Scout - This one is really where it starts to balance out. DOT/Dual raiders are better in duels and falls off a bit in group PVP since they can't output damage as fast as other classes and the DOT gets dispelled easily in a group fight. Scouts are better in group fights cause of the mobility, range and high burst damage, but they do suffer from low HP.

5. Melee Raiders - Debuffs and DOTs are a nightmare to this class, they need to balance stats like accu, speed, survivability, and damage since they need to get up close with the enemy. They output nice damage but don't really have ways to chase around high mobility classes without sacrificing a lot of stats in other areas. Knights and clerics laugh at this class since most of their damage are negated by the former's block rate. 

6. Melee Knights - Its counter part is just different. It suffers the same curse with other melee classes in that they have to get close. A menace with a focused healer, but really a bit underwhelming compared to xbow knights.

7. Bourgs in general - Gun bourgs have high single target damage, while launcher bourgs can wipe an entire team grouped up together. Squishy af tho, will need a cleric or two to have a chance of surviving. 

8. Artisans - high damage, squishy af. A nightmare in duels since the DOT will take out 2/3 of your HP while asleep with their long ass sleep.

9. BC - A bit underwhelming, moderate damage with above-average survivability. Stick to being FS please.

10. Xbow Scout - Good in duels, that's pretty much it. No camo so very vulnerable to non-melee damage.

11. Champs in general - Food in group pvp. A bit better in duels, but still sucks a lot.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Love that you think that highly of crossbow knights 😄   but battle clerics and mages can RIP through a knight. When I run my mage I blast them anytime they are on the front. I've also seen some DOT raiders that can give them a run for their money. What your ranking is missing is the Arena Points and versatility aspects. Crossbow knights do not earn much points since they lack AOEs and often dont produce enough damage to get a kill or the killing blow. Also, the 3v3 team with 2 knights won because most teams lacked DPS to kill a knight combined with the 1 FS clerics heals. They just outlasted everyone's mana.

Edited by Austinbomb

The advantages a mage gets from their int is absurd, no class has the same advantage as they do. Why are all their passives and skills tied to int? You just pump a lot of int for damage, accuracy (passive skills), and survivability (mp from int). It's absurd! No other class benefits from a main stat like a mage does @lazypenguin I hope you guys are reading this. I've been seeing lots of mages in pvp nowadays cause it's just straightforward to build. Pump INT and it'll be strong not like other classes that have to balance out and invest in different stats.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raii said:

The advantages a mage gets from their int is absurd, no class has the same advantage as they do. Why are all their passives and skills tied to int? You just pump a lot of int for damage, accuracy (passive skills), and survivability (mp from int). It's absurd! No other class benefits from a main stat like a mage does @lazypenguin I hope you guys are reading this. I've been seeing lots of mages in pvp nowadays cause it's just straightforward to build. Pump INT and it'll be strong not like other classes that have to balance out and invest in different stats.

Already said before, it's not the mage class itself, it's the luminous set making them powerful. INT is not the only thing you need for mage, you need lots of CHA as well for critical defense, DOT and then mild amount of STR. The thing is, all these passive that is INT based, you cannot get them all for a reasonable build, it takes a lot of SP to get all those MP passive fully stacked, and you do need it to be maxed because the big accuracy pump occur at the last skill level, that would mean your cannot allocate SP for other passives and skills, it's definitely not easy and straight forward to build. It's not an advantage, it's just their potential to benefit from INT being higher at a cost.

Other class also have their stuff tied to one stat as well, Knight have stuff tied to STR, gunbourg have stuff tied to attack speed, katar have stuff tied to DEX, dual have stuff tied to CHA, Axe champ have stuff tied to SEN. But do you pump only STR for knight, pump attack speed for gunbourg, pump DEX for katar, pump CHA for dual? And do you pump INT for mage? I mean sure you could, but you will see the problem.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:48 AM, Raii said:

Spears can gain Damage, HP/DEF and Dodge from STR. Sure it lacks accuracy, but it's AoE so Accuracy isn't as needed outside of 1v1s. But I understand your point

On 4/1/2024 at 10:48 PM, Raii said:

thats enough, no more nerfing for mages they had multiple nerfs from the past. Learn how to build your character..nerfing is not always the solution. if you can't beat a mage then find a way, don't ask the devs to help you they don't care about you. LOL 😅

On 4/1/2024 at 11:39 PM, HilariousFace said:

Already said before, it's not the mage class itself, it's the luminous set making them powerful. INT is not the only thing you need for mage, you need lots of CHA as well for critical defense, DOT and then mild amount of STR. The thing is, all these passive that is INT based, you cannot get them all for a reasonable build, it takes a lot of SP to get all those MP passive fully stacked, and you do need it to be maxed because the big accuracy pump occur at the last skill level, that would mean your cannot allocate SP for other passives and skills, it's definitely not easy and straight forward to build. It's not an advantage, it's just their potential to benefit from INT being higher at a cost.

Other class also have their stuff tied to one stat as well, Knight have stuff tied to STR, gunbourg have stuff tied to attack speed, katar have stuff tied to DEX, dual have stuff tied to CHA, Axe champ have stuff tied to SEN. But do you pump only STR for knight, pump attack speed for gunbourg, pump DEX for katar, pump CHA for dual? And do you pump INT for mage? I mean sure you could, but you will see the problem.

All classes have the same stats and substats for all honor gears. This shouldn't be the case. 😅