THE AUCTION HOUSE (Yes Everyones favorite topic)

Bluntastic

Unfortunately I haven't seen a post that has been detailed enough that would describe the immense relief the game would have by removing the Pop-Up-Shop-Vending and by introducing an Auction House. I think over 90% of the community is in agreeance that the market is unstable in its current form. Honestly, I don't think anything after iRose had a stable market. Even that was hell. The introduction of more planets, more items, more uniques, more skills, more everything has put the game into a market hell hole. The only way out is The Auction House implementation.

Positive

Economy Stability -

The number one reason for an Auction house implementation is obviously, stable economy from player level 1 to player level 250. The auction house will remove the ability for a player that has more play time to overcome a newer player. 

Faster Learning of the game -

An auction house allows players to view items that they may have never seen before, or plan for their next potential gear up. Without prior knowledge or assistance from in game help, players may struggle to find an upgrade or materials to upgrade their current set. (For instances, you find a Pink and then Purple Powder and then a Low Essence, you can assume there are higher grades of that type of material in the end game)

Lower End PC Issues-

This game is just about to reach 20 years old. I'm going to safely assume that some of these returning players are not coming back on the best PCs. Removing shops would enhance load times in all main towns and significant overall computer performance would be had by all players. 

Removes Additional Accounts Open -

If the rules state that dual clients are legal, why force a player to remove the ability to play a secondary character? Also this forces people to consider breaking TOS by running 3+ accounts. One will always need to be in town to make passive income.

Game Stability - 

Less accounts open will mean the servers will be more stable as well as my game stability on my computer.

Shopping is a waste of time for players - 

In todays age, time is important and most of us are adults. We don't have the same amount of time we did 18 years ago. Not enough viable farm time, not enough viable leveling time. My time investment needs to be returned to me in gear, level or valued goods. If I can't sell my valued goods without requiring a 2nd account to be actively open 24/7, or at the end of my play time, run a shop. It's a waste of time and resources that Rednim is not paying for.

New Players -

There is a high probability that Newer players who may be interested in this game will walk away immediately. The system is outdated and not welcoming to anyone who has not played a game similar to this. Create a system that all players are familiar with to use in todays games. 

Everyone, Anywhere will access -

The implementation of an Auction House would mean the implementation of a new NPC in all main towns, accessible for all players. Currently the town with the highest density of shops is Junon, which floods Junon and takes players away from their main area or forces secondary accounts to remain in place. 

Relieves "Muling" -

With the current amount of items that need to be held for crafting, players tend to hold onto stacks of items and requiring separate characters to hold them. This can be relieved if players have instant access to a market to sell their items at. Some stacking will still occur as items can go to 999 but we will see less players holding multiple stacks of 999. (Yes, market manipulation can still be an issue)

Passive Income -

There is no place for a player to generate passive income unless they have a secondary account specifically set for vending. Implementing an AH will give all players access to passive income, which there is none of currently.

Negative

Vending is part of ROSE -

The vending part of ROSE is a definitely a huge nostalgic part of the game that puts a special part in our hearts. Removal of the vending shops would make the game feel "dead" and take some part of the "finding the best deal" aspect of the process

Edited by Bluntastic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I personally wouldn't enjoy the auction house as much as the personal vending as it is. 

You can run Rose on a toaster, I'm not sure the old hardware issue holds anymore. But I can see some of the other things you said have are valid.

Implementing Offline vending and making other improvements to the vending system as they are planning may fix some of the wasting time argument you stated also.

Some of the economy issue is there just seems to be a massive amount of 'hardcore' farmers in the game that focus on one thing, flood the market then move to the next to the next item when the price of item 'A' plummets, Just goes in circles.

• Like 1

I agree with an auction house since it can prevent fake bids. Make it have a percentage tax per sale so people cannot make fake bids. If they overbid using their alts or friends and win the auction, then they will be shooting their foot since they'll just lose Zulie from the percentage tax. This will also serve as another Zulie sink since every transaction in the auction house is taxed. 

It can also help everyone find the best deals with a click of a button. It's very hard going through all the shops and remembering which ones sell/buy the best. 

Having an auction house will help people buy/sell even offline since they can just list their items and log off. Logging off saves power costs as well.

I could go on and on about the advantages of an auction house, but these are the ones at the top of my head atm.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluntastic said:

Everyone has access -

I would hope that with the implementation of the Auction House comes with the implementation of an NPC across all planets and main towns. This allows people to continuing playing their character in the area they want to be in, immediately, without traveling and "vending"

Unclear, please clarify.

Any particular downsides to an auction house you can think of?

Edited by Bobbity
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, FelipeMontes said:

We just don’t need an auction house.  That’s all.  

I hate this kind of commentary. Makes you wonder why the comment at all in the first place.

OP: Hey look here's a well thought out idea and suggestion!
This guy: Nah
OP: Ok, why do you think that?
This guy: Nah don't need it.

An auction house would be a great idea and I'd encourage Rednim to engage in the conversation so we can at least have the conversation occur. At least we get the opportunity to understand a bit of their rationale into why this wouldn't be a positive things for the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobbity said:

Unclear, please clarify.

Any particular downsides to an auction house you can think of?

The current place to sell is Junon.You can obviously post up in any town you want but the hot spot is Junon. So if I find a hot item, I have to set up in Junon when I'm done playing, or my alt account thats shopped. This stops me from playing the game that I'm playing (grinding or farming, etc) to do a transfer, or wait til the end of the day to set up shop. I could just run to the AH NPC and put it up for sale and it'll be available for purchase 24 hours of the day (or for the duration of the sale period)

This also forces me to have an alt account permanently be a seller at certain instances instead of a permanent dual character

Edited by Bluntastic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd prefer offline vending compared to an AH. 

The shops makes the world feel more alive, also you have a better chance at getting some real steals instead of people undercutting 24/7.

Also I love it that you can setup a shop in certain places besides the main city hubs.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FelipeMontes said:

Because they keep prying me for an explanation.  No means no.  Like you said, everyone id entitled to their own opinion.  Respect it buddy

I have a feeling you are just a troll. We want you to join in on the conversation but you are just being an outsider, throwing rocks at people who are hanging out.

2 hours ago, Thystro said:

I'd prefer offline vending compared to an AH. 

The shops makes the world feel more alive, also you have a better chance at getting some real steals instead of people undercutting 24/7.

Also I love it that you can setup a shop in certain places besides the main city hubs.

You know what would make the game feel more alive? People...Create a stable marketing system and you will have more players automatically. A 20 year old system will not work today. Maplestory even uses an Auction House after having the same In-Game-Shop system that caused the same issue. Players race to get the "Best spot" on the map so that way they are the shop that gets seen first. You have to waste valuable play time (something that has become less available for people these days) to shop... <Removed>
Players are and will continue to get sick of the need to use their computer 24/7 to create a market for themselves in a game that has perfect capabilities to run "Selling House" system. This game does not pay my power bill either. Whether its an offline system or in game auction house. Diablo 2 had d2jsp which has advanced into a forum for many ARPGs. Creating a stable market is simple, and really on the developer team to enhance and take this game to the next level

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bluntastic said:

I have a feeling you are just a troll. We want you to join in on the conversation but you are just being an outsider, throwing rocks at people who are hanging out.

You know what would make the game feel more alive? People...Create a stable marketing system and you will have more players automatically. A 20 year old system will not work today. Maplestory even uses an Auction House after having the same In-Game-Shop system that caused the same issue. Players race to get the "Best spot" on the map so that way they are the shop that gets seen first. You have to waste valuable play time (something that has become less available for people these days) to shop...I've got a girlfriend to please for hours to do that with, I want my game time to be sweet and to the point.
Players are and will continue to get sick of the need to use their computer 24/7 to create a market for themselves in a game that has perfect capabilities to run "Selling House" system. This game does not pay my power bill either. Whether its an offline system or in game auction house. Diablo 2 had d2jsp which has advanced into a forum for many ARPGs. Creating a stable market is simple, and really on the developer team to enhance and take this game to the next level

It just isn’t a good idea

59 minutes ago, Bluntastic said:

You know what would make the game feel more alive? People...Create a stable marketing system and you will have more players automatically. A 20 year old system will not work today. Maplestory even uses an Auction House after having the same In-Game-Shop system that caused the same issue. Players race to get the "Best spot" on the map so that way they are the shop that gets seen first. You have to waste valuable play time (something that has become less available for people these days) to shop...I've got a girlfriend to please for hours to do that with, I want my game time to be sweet and to the point.

Okay bro, but what you suggest would bring in loads of people to make the game feel more alive? I think that's a whole other discussion. 

I think the 20 year old system works totally fine, Flyff and several older MMO's do the same and they seem to work just fine. It's not that people aren quitting due to the current vendor system. Like I said regarding the computer bill I always felt offline vending worked just fine on other servers, imo there is just no need for an auction house. in a MoSCoW list I would but it on a COULD have priority.

<removed>

Edited by Avatar
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thystro said:

Okay bro, but what you suggest would bring in loads of people to make the game feel more alive? I think that's a whole other discussion. 

If the point of Rednim to manage ROSE is to NOT introduce newer players then what's the point? May as well just call it a private server...

Flyff has a daily player count of less than 4,000 players. I bet if they introduced a new market system it would increase lol

Edited by Bluntastic

There’s just a certain charm and competitiveness about vending in ROSE.   We have such a small and niche community, I don’t think an auction house would matter.  There’s like 50 other things they should improve before they should even consider talking about an auction house imo.  

4 minutes ago, VenomX said:

There’s just a certain charm and competitiveness about vending in ROSE.   We have such a small and niche community, I don’t think an auction house would matter.  There’s like 50 other things they should improve before they should even consider talking about an auction house imo.  

The game needs an entire overhaul - but its hard to have the final outcome in mind. No game can be perfect. It can at least move forward with an updated market though.

1 minute ago, Bluntastic said:

The game needs an entire overhaul - but its hard to have the final outcome in mind. No game can be perfect. It can at least move forward with an updated market though.

I mean, an auction house would be convenient for new players, but it’s not like new players are coming in to play anyway.  So I’d rather the devs focus on other aspects of the game.  

3 hours ago, VenomX said:

I mean, an auction house would be convenient for new players, but it’s not like new players are coming in to play anyway.  So I’d rather the devs focus on other aspects of the game.  

I'm going to create a "Negative" section of bringing an AH into the game. I do agree with the point of removing the shops takes a certain feeling of the game away. If you need me to add more or correct anything let me know

On 3/26/2023 at 9:59 AM, Jamie said:

You can run Rose on a toaster, I'm not sure the old hardware issue holds anymore. But I can see some of the other things you said have are valid.

Implementing Offline vending and making other improvements to the vending system as they are planning may fix some of the wasting time argument you stated also.

Yeah you can run ROSE on a toaster but we are in the age of having everyone at least running 60FPS. The goal is to update to current times. Not force the past. 

We can implement offline vending on this forum alone. Just creating a Trading section where you post a screen shot and an asking price. This helps the game but you aren't updating the core of the game. The market isnt the only thing that needs fixing as well

8 hours ago, VenomX said:

This really annoys me. Not because you disagree - but because you're dismissing the very idea that the thread is dedicated to. If you want to support other ideas, go and do their in the threads posted for those ideas.

This is really simple stuff man. 

9 hours ago, FelipeMontes said:

It just isn’t a good idea

Form a constructive argument to support your opinion or point of view - or find something better to do with your time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mewi said:

This really annoys me. Not because you disagree - but because you're dismissing the very idea that the thread is dedicated to. If you want to support other ideas, go and do their in the threads posted for those ideas.

This is really simple stuff man. 

Form a constructive argument to support your opinion or point of view - or find something better to do with your time. 

This is a forums buddy.  We’re free to express our opinions here.  Op brought out the topic, and I’m just here to discuss why I dont want an auction house.  Sorry for annoying you with my opinion bud.

19 minutes ago, VenomX said:

This is a forums buddy.  We’re free to express our opinions here.  Op brought out the topic, and I’m just here to discuss why I dont want an auction house.  Sorry for annoying you with my opinion bud.

Yes, and a lot of the suggestions coming in are not being reviewed based on their priority - its a space to provide any suggestions or feedback.

No one is sitting here questioning whether stuff is more of a priority than other ideas - except you.

Dev's, like most things, will decide what the priority of successful suggestions are.

11 minutes ago, Mewi said:

No one is sitting here questioning whether stuff is more of a priority than other ideas - except you

Very bold of you to assume that I’m the only one on this site that feels that way.   How about you get back on topic and stop crying about how I don’t like the idea of an AH.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VenomX said:

Very bold of you to assume that I’m the only one on this site that feels that way.   How about you get back on topic and stop crying about how I don’t like the idea of an AH.

Thanks for the insight.

To be clear, I was calling you out for your suggestion that this shouldn't be a high priority.
No one is contesting this, at all. Nor should they! That's for devs to decide.

But that's all besides the point - the point here is to point out why or why not the idea is going to inherently improve things for players.
Not the priority in which it should be implemented.

Take a few steps back and you'll see the conversation at hand, rather than interjecting with something entirely different (which is the priority of said topic, if you're still unclear).

1 hour ago, Mewi said:

Thanks for the insight.

To be clear, I was calling you out for your suggestion that this shouldn't be a high priority.
No one is contesting this, at all. Nor should they! That's for devs to decide.

But that's all besides the point - the point here is to point out why or why not the idea is going to inherently improve things for players.
Not the priority in which it should be implemented.

Take a few steps back and you'll see the conversation at hand, rather than interjecting with something entirely different (which is the priority of said topic, if you're still unclear).

The priority is fixing all the bugs and glitches.  

anyways, having an AH is nice and convenient, but like I’ve said before the vending system has a certain charm to it.  One of the identity of Rose is all of the massive shops in the middle of Junon.  Let’s not take the generic route and create an AH.  Please.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VenomX said:

The priority is fixing all the bugs and glitches.  

That is one priority, mainly in this phase of the game, as its ALPHA. This is not a cry for an immediate auction house. This should be done as a general improvement to the quality of life of the game, sometime near official release. 

Again, if you need the feeling of old ROSE, there are private servers for that. Let the official server be a place of expansion, growth and new ideas. Not that the AH is a new idea but it works in every game and eliminates major issues of the server. People should be able to sell the items they find immediately, not struggle or spend 24 hours with their computer on just to gain some passive zulie (which I just added as a positive to bringing an AH available. There is no passive zulie income for players, its farm this or farm that)

Edited by Bluntastic
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bluntastic said:

That is one priority, mainly in this phase of the game, as its ALPHA. This is not a cry for an immediate auction house. This should be done as a general improvement to the quality of life of the game, sometime near official release. 

Again, if you need the feeling of old ROSE, there are private servers for that. Let the official server be a place of expansion, growth and new ideas. Not that the AH is a new idea but it works in every game and eliminates major issues of the server. People should be able to sell the items they find immediately, not struggle or spend 24 hours with their computer on just to gain some passive zulie (which I just added as a positive to bringing an AH available. There is no passive zulie income for players, its farm this or farm that)

Oh boy.  The, “don’t like it? leave it!”  counter argument.  I’m legitimately giving you reasons why I don’t want an AH, and you’re just telling me to leave the game if I don’t want an AH lmao.  Love it.  

You sound like a pretty new player that has yet to reach end-game tbh.  Not that that matters, but once you reach end-game, you shouldn’t have any problem selling valuable stuff.  Now if you’re trying to sell like, Angel Wings and Ashura Masks, yeah obviously those aren’t going to sell.  We aren’t having an influx of new players coming in and looking for those items.  Vending is a beloved and staple feature of ROSE.  

Also, if you’re having trouble running a 2005 game on your computer, you should seriously consider updating your computer.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, VenomX said:

Oh boy.  The, “don’t like it? leave it!”  counter argument.  I’m legitimately giving you reasons why I don’t want an AH, and you’re just telling me to leave the game if I don’t want an AH lmao.  Love it.  

I'm not telling you to leave at all but you aren't suggesting any improvement to the system. You're saying that you want to keep the community small and niche, instead of  getting more and newer players involved into the game upon launch. Why would any company want to stay stagnant? I don't think Rednim is building an official server just so we can stay in the past (I hope). 

12 minutes ago, VenomX said:

You sound like a pretty new player that has yet to reach end-game tbh.  Not that that matters, but once you reach end-game, you shouldn’t have any problem selling valuable stuff.  Now if you’re trying to sell like, Angel Wings and Ashura Masks, yeah obviously those aren’t going to sell.  We aren’t having an influx of new players coming in and looking for those items.  Vending is a beloved and staple feature of ROSE.  

I don't need to reach end game to know a 20 year old system will not work in the long term. It's fun and cool for a small amount of time. I'm over it and not because of not finding good deals, because its taking time away from the game. The game is not a shopping simulator, its an MMORPG with lots of additional content that needs to be explored.

12 minutes ago, VenomX said:

Also, if you’re having trouble running a 2005 game on your computer, you should seriously consider updating your computer.

I can guarantee you some players are playing with under 60 FPS and that is not your decision or financial choice to update something that is someone elses.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bluntastic said:

I'm not telling you to leave at all but you aren't suggesting any improvement to the system. You're saying that you want to keep the community small and niche, instead of  getting more and newer players involved into the game upon launch. Why would any company want to stay stagnant? I don't think Rednim is building an official server just so we can stay in the past (I hope). 

I don't need to reach end game to know a 20 year old system will not work in the long term. It's fun and cool for a small amount of time. I'm over it and not because of not finding good deals, because its taking time away from the game. The game is not a shopping simulator, its an MMORPG with lots of additional content that needs to be explored.

I can guarantee you some players are playing with under 60 FPS and that is not your decision or financial choice to update something that is someone elses.

What new players?  I appreciate the optimism, but you’re reacting as if we’re going to get this influx of new players coming in.  The people that wanted to play Rose is already playing rose.  

Vending items is a part of the game.  Just curious.  What are you trying to vend as a level 150 anyways?

Edited by VenomX