This game could use more dungeons for better experience of the game

Zeror

Also I think it's a good idea to set higher level dungeons into lower level zones. For example Goblin Cave (I know this is not what you guys mean with a dungeon) lets higher level players run through the newbie maps, which as a newbie makes the server feel more alive if you see more people walking around, especially higher level players. It gives you the motivation to keep on grinding and also achieve that gear for example.

I agree that dungeons for level 20-30 seems kinda useless, you will outlvl it really quickly. Also I hate it that people from a town can queue up for a dungeon, this is what killed modern World of Warcraft. The journey from forming a party and walking towards the dungeon makes the world feel alive, this is why I loved the way Vanilla/Classic wow took this approach. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 10:55 PM, Thystro said:

Also I think it's a good idea to set higher level dungeons into lower level zones. For example Goblin Cave (I know this is not what you guys mean with a dungeon) lets higher level players run through the newbie maps, which as a newbie makes the server feel more alive if you see more people walking around, especially higher level players. It gives you the motivation to keep on grinding and also achieve that gear for example.

I agree that dungeons for level 20-30 seems kinda useless, you will outlvl it really quickly. Also I hate it that people from a town can queue up for a dungeon, this is what killed modern World of Warcraft. The journey from forming a party and walking towards the dungeon makes the world feel alive, this is why I loved the way Vanilla/Classic wow took this approach. 

I think it's ok to have one dungeon at around level 30. But lower then this is not really needed.

The original game from many years ago had monsters/bosses located in areas inside/outside of caves. It was pretty fun as it was. I'm hoping the devs start with everything as is was for awhile and make changes later as players get used to the game.

Edited by Monumentous

They could make it so dungeon monsters scale to level of the highest party member, that way running the dungeons could be relevant at any level and the gear could scale as well. The etc drops could always be available to farm for that specific dungeon too. It would be neat to have 1-3 dungeons per map in the theme of the zones monsters and always accessible regardless of player level. 

On 8/26/2022 at 8:45 PM, Wondertje said:

If there's a Jelly Bean dungeon that scales with level and has rare unique drops, people will still play it at max level even if it's located on Adv. Plains.

This also makes sure that people keep coming back to places that are now almost being forgotten after you reach a certain lvl.. At lvl 100 there is already 0 reason to come back to Adv.Plains now for example, while it is such a fun place to be.. Having a reason such as a dungeon to come back to certain places is a great idea.. The only thing that i personally would avoid is being able to join dungeon queue's from a different location.. for example: You want to do a Goblin Cave Dungeon? you will HAVE TO talk to an npc located at the entrance. 

On 4/22/2022 at 5:34 AM, lazypenguin said:

Adding more dungeons is something the team would like to do. Especially instanced dungeons available from the world (rather than from a menu). Thanks for the suggestions!

That's better. RPG is about running around the map. Doing dungeons through menu is just plain boring. Places aren't even visited.

On 9/5/2022 at 12:20 PM, RoseOnPlayer said:

That's better. RPG is about running around the map. Doing dungeons through menu is just plain boring. Places aren't even visited.

Doing dungeons through should not be the only thing. But having both; as going to the dungeon entrance or access it by a menu (perhaps accessible through a NPC/board at the cities) would be OK. Also you could give the party leader the ability to teleport the whole group to a dungeon as well (with a dialog to accept to teleport (or decline to stay on location)).