High lvl ksing low lvl zones for drops

TheApe

Hello,

As I was avoiding the crowds doing quests, I've found some nice places to get loots instead of lazy XP.

But I was really surprised to be visited everytime by lvl 200+, taking all mobs and killing them instantly with their awesome AOE's. So they consciously ruining the spot and the worst is that they get ton of drops, much more than me even if the place is dedicated to character of my level... So I was here, like a stupid noobie with no money, realizing that the end game is about ksing lower zone to get chemicals. 

Do you think it's normal ?

Please, give this high lvl characters some bones to chew because it is really a shame. Give them back their sikuku delivery quest or whatever, or just don't let em get drops from white mobs. How is it simply acceptable for you ? 

I can't do dungeon cuz I'm too low and I don't want party with afk people leeching quests ; I just want chillin and lootin but this is just a joke. So the whole game means rushing lvl 250 in those party full of noobs and leechers until I can have some loot ?

Please, help low lvl characters to have fun in this game too. The high lvl chars steal spots and farm chemicals 10x faster than noobs, making the low lvl items prices down everyday, and even chemicals, the only good way to make money for noobs, just cost nothing now. So there's like ZERO WAY TO MAKE DESCENT MONEY.

Seriously. White mobs didn't give any loots in the past, so why ???

Edited by TheApe
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

This version of ROSE isn’t like iRose in that when you’re higher enough level drops don’t happen. 

Drops still happen even at max level for a white/gray monster name. It’s not a bug. 

Moving thread to general section. 

Wait so that means i could take a 250 char and just run around killing grunter king for drops? 

6 minutes ago, Forestwithin said:

Wait so that means i could take a 250 char and just run around killing grunter king for drops? 

This has always been the case, yes. 

You will still get drops, however, a penalty applies after you’ve reached a higher level compared to the mob levels. No one knows what this penalty rate/% is, either. But it’s still possible to get drops, yes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Piggybacking off of this topic with regards to a similar problem with high lvls in a lower level zone to do repeatables.
Could we just get rid of the archaic first hit tagging system at this point?
I think it just sets the game up for failure since it introduces an upper cap of player where it becomes undesirable for newer characters to play when so many people are packed into one area for the same mobs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bixbox said:

Piggybacking off of this topic with regards to a similar problem with high lvls in a lower level zone to do repeatables.
Could we just get rid of the archaic first hit tagging system at this point?
I think it just sets the game up for failure since it introduces an upper cap of player where it becomes undesirable for newer characters to play when so many people are packed into one area for the same mobs.

I support this notion. If I'm there on my high level doing most of the damage to a king, I should get the drop, not some random level 34 who happened to click it first. And if I'm doing a quest, even more-so, it should be most damage done. If they want the proof, they should just do more damage.

/s

11 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I support this notion. If I'm there on my high level doing most of the damage to a king, I should get the drop, not some random level 34 who happened to click it first. And if I'm doing a quest, even more-so, it should be most damage done. If they want the proof, they should just do more damage.

So low level players cant get any drops, experience or quest kills because there is some level 250 killing everything there.
That's bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, piNo said:

So low level players cant get any drops, experience or quest kills because there is some level 250 killing everything there.
That's bad.

I know, that's why I included "/s" it means "I'm done being sarcastic". I wasn't being serious at all.

Often they do it to level up own chars.

They make party, pick up quest on low level (often all party of alts/afk), then party it with high level char who quick kills around and gets quests done for their alts, and just turns in and restarts.

kenji beach is especially popular about it

• Like 1

Wait, wait, let me get this straight...

Instead of having to do multiple character projects for certain types of farming, which, let's face it, most of the ROSE player base left enjoys at this point, you can farm everything with 1 overleveled character, albeit with a small drop penalty?

No need to level up a few farmers, thus ensuring lowbie zones remain more active later in the game's lifespan and providing more content to players?

No need to invest in new gear for each farmer project, thus keeping the market active, or minmaxing in any tangible way?

No sense of danger or challenge or skill because you are 100+ levels above the mob with no level scaling applied? 

Idk man, sounds perfectly reasonable game design to me!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Fietsopa said:

Instead of having to do multiple character projects for certain types of farming, which, let's face it, most of the ROSE player base left enjoys at this point, you can farm everything with 1 overleveled character, albeit with a small drop penalty?

No need to level up a few farmers, thus ensuring lowbie zones remain more active later in the game's lifespan and providing more content to players?

No need to invest in new gear for each farmer project, thus keeping the market active, or minmaxing in any tangible way?

No sense of danger or challenge or skill because you are 100+ levels above the mob with no level scaling applied? 

Correct. This was the state of ROSE years before the shutdown. 

Just because this is how it is now doesn’t mean it’ll stay like this. The team has already reversed some of the decisions made by Warp Portal because they don’t agree with how things were. 

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this game, please post in the suggestions section as topics are always being reviewed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fietsopa said:

That is also a big issue I have with the current version of the game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

/s

I think you misunderstood my point, I've never mentioned anything about a highest damage based system.

I'm thinking as long as you hit the mob before they die, you would get credit for it.

23 minutes ago, bixbox said:

I think you misunderstood my point, I've never mentioned anything about a highest damage based system.

I'm thinking as long as you hit the mob before they die, you would get credit for it.

So based on last hit instead of first? 

Or a free for all? Those who hit it all have a chance to get the item? 

28 minutes ago, Avatar said:

So based on last hit instead of first? 

Or a free for all? Those who hit it all have a chance to get the item? 

For quest, as long as you hit it once before it dies, you'll get credit.

For loot, as long as you hit it once before it dies, you'll get a chance for an item.
As for what the chance should be, could make it based on how many people hits the mob and make it statistically the same as getting loot in a round robin fashion of a group of equivalent size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bixbox said:

For quest, as long as you hit it once before it dies, you'll get credit.

For loot, as long as you hit it once before it dies, you'll get a chance for an item.
As for what the chance should be, could make it based on how many people hits the mob and make it statistically the same as getting loot in a round robin fashion of a group of equivalent size.

bro do this and prepare yourselves for the max level omega KS

people already get salty af about us taking their drops now, let alone when we can do it EVERYTIME without fail

all i gotta say is LOL

open credit?
It's probly the most fair, and I advocated for that for quests specifically. It will reward people who break the rules and use more than 2 clients though. and drop rates might have to be reduced to compensate for drop stacking

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 5:10 AM, Avatar said:

This version of ROSE isn’t like iRose in that when you’re higher enough level drops don’t happen. 

Drops still happen even at max level for a white/gray monster name. It’s not a bug. 

Moving thread to general section. 

it clearly hack. im level 95 killed grunter captain and got almost no drop. why player level 200 got full drop. 

On 1/22/2023 at 7:57 AM, Avatar said:

This has always been the case, yes. 

You will still get drops, however, a penalty applies after you’ve reached a higher level compared to the mob levels. No one knows what this penalty rate/% is, either. But it’s still possible to get drops, yes. 

come to anime lake . you will see a normal drop and hack drop. 

1 hour ago, Chakura said:

it clearly hack. im level 95 killed grunter captain and got almost no drop. why player level 200 got full drop. 

come to anime lake . you will see a normal drop and hack drop. 

It’s not a hack, it’s part of the game. People are capable of having gems that increase their chances of items more than normal. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Avatar said:

It’s not a hack, it’s part of the game. People are capable of having gems that increase their chances of items more than normal. 

i was there when they hacker farming .I am lvl 95 and the hacker probly around 200lvl base on their weapon. their drop is always for every single mob they killed. and i got nothing when kill mob . if you love this game , instead of denying you should investigate . before the whole game corrupt due to hacker.

1 hour ago, Chakura said:

i was there when they hacker farming .I am lvl 95 and the hacker probly around 200lvl base on their weapon. their drop is always for every single mob they killed. and i got nothing when kill mob . if you love this game , instead of denying you should investigate . before the whole game corrupt due to hacker.

Was the character a Bourg, cause for me I get drops almost everytime from a mob

17 minutes ago, Kotence said:

Well yea it's normal for higher lvl to go lower lvl zones...Drops are too insane as drop rate and on top of that you can get all usfull ithems anywear in any zone...Big problem for the server that no1 looking into it but w/e

They do already know about it?