High lvl ksing low lvl zones for drops

TheApe

8 hours ago, HLAJR said:

I think "botting" is not detected by the server and only caught if someone report it, am I right with that assumption?

If that's true

No, it's not true, the Rednim team is actively hunting botters. 

8 hours ago, 2Q47 said:

There is literally nothing a low level char can do better than a high level. They are not needed in the economy.
High levels get more drops, better drops, more valor, more honor.

I personally do not enjoy being high level. If i would know i needed certain items to upgrade my high level gear that is only obtainable at level X or Y i would make new characters, and many others would. Either you make a new Char to farm item X or you use your mainchar to make money in dungeons and buy it of the low levels, its your choice.

I don't think you should be able to get rich at low levels the same way you can get rich at high levels. There should be things that high levels do better, because they worked for that. 

I think that for those that want to enjoy the leveling process, there should be more for those people. But in the same way that lvl 40 set is account locked. I think that stuff that is of high value that low levels could farm, should be account locked, because again, the risk vrs reward. - It's too risky to bot with a high level account. 

But to make 30 level 30 accounts is very easy. Botting needs to be negated, and unfortunately a very effective way of doing that, is making it so that the value in farming is with a high level char. Thus, the punishment of a banned char, really sucks. 

If an argument is, "so many high levels are botting" --- Just wait until there's great value of being lvl 40, just watch the influx of botters then. 

8 hours ago, 2Q47 said:

At level 70 me and my friends went to Gorge of Silence not knowing you cant even find Dragon Scales or Gems.
We farmed for days. The result was: everyone we grouped up with in the past outleveled us, and of course we did not get any items worth anything.

It would be great if those dragon scales dropped in GoS. It's quite upsetting that is currently not the case. I would love to see GoS be a map that is more used. (THOUGH I REALLY HATE THE AOE STUNS) 

8 hours ago, 2Q47 said:

If you want to be succesfull/rich in this Version of the game its a straight line path:
Skip every content on every map and just hammer trough the repeatables. Get to level 250 as quick as you possibly can.

Depends on what you view as successful. If you genuinely don't enjoy being a high level, which is... Odd because it's sort of the point of a game like this. Is to literally grind out to max, and then enjoy being big and strong. 

But anyways, if that's not what you enjoy, I do agree that there should be more quests and stuff, but, added value shouldn't be coming low levels getting rich from farming. That's just silly. Why would people ever get to max level then if farming is better on a low level char? 

My suspicion now, is that there are several people that may be involved in RMT, that is wanting more value in botting on newer chars, so that they don't risk their main accounts botting. Not saying that this is true for everyone that wants this.
But, random fact, SUVs killed 500 kids in the USA over 10 year time span (this seems irrelevant, but it brings into a point I am trying to make) This is because, simply put, the automotive industry is incentivized by money, to sell Americans that sort of vehicle. Money, money incentives people to make poor choices. SUVs are super dangerous! ... Harder to load than a station wagon. But they marketed Station wagons as lame! Marketing SUVs as cool, simply so they could make more money!... (Check out NotJustBikes on YT "These Stupid Trucks are Literally killing us" ) --- Point I am getting at, is people in this forum are romanticizing low levels being able to farm and get rich. When the reality of that is, a far worse devastation to the economy. Because people will use their high levels to wash the zullies being farmed by bots. (this suspicion doesn't equate that everyone that wants this sort of thing, is involved in RMT. )
There's financial reason for a large group of people, to romanticize low levels being able to farm loads of zullies. - But do not let that fool you, it's a bad idea, for low levels to be better at farming than high levels. 

Should the "slow way" of leveling to 200 be improved? heck yes. Imagine having quest rewards that gave none tradable, level specific refine materials !?  -- What do you define as successful right now? 

You seem to not want to define successful as  getting a full level appropriate set?  

You seem to be defining success as being RICH. -- which sincerely, should come from, well, getting max level. - Low levels shouldn't be getting rich. They should be getting enough to get level appropriate stuff. 

Human mentality though, has a FOMO aspect to it. Which forces you to want to level to max. Which, isn't such a bad thing. But, arguing that, that is a bad thing, that the game incentives people to get max level, as being, an awful thing. Is just. Silly. 

8 hours ago, 2Q47 said:

Now u can farm all those nice uniques that you never had. But wait, what do i need them for? Im level 250 and got my best gear.. oh well atleast they look nice and will work as a costume. 

Leveling your first char, to lvl 200+ is, quite a chore. Once you're max, the thought of doing it again is kind of dreadful. Those lower level unique, are great incentives to make another char. 

Personally, I like using a rock launcher at lvl 20 to make a new char. Then switching to AOE for that class at around lvl 50 or so. 

(also, farming unique is a way of getting good stats on unique weapons) 

8 hours ago, 2Q47 said:

People that stayed at Kenji were rich now - we were poor. Punished for exploring the maps and farming.

You learnt the hard way, with a group of friends, and have now a shared memory that you can look back on, and hopefully laugh off. Punished, is very harsh wording. You're down on yourself about it, but I wouldn't say you're punished. 

Though, agreed, farming in DoD should have better results 

Anyways, I've put more thought into this than I should have. If you'd like help leveling or need any help in the game whatsoever, shoot me a msg; 
GodOfEntity, God0fEntity, GodOfKnight, GodOfArtisan.   

Cheers, and best wishes. 

Edited by GodOfEntity
  • Confused 2