Item Mall Overpriced

They will probably add more item mal stuff. Because indeed there is some stuff missing. Also i prefer having a rotation of item than just a 100 page shop. Also the price is the only way the make money. The game is free. Also they and we dont want pay to win. So purely cosmetic is obligatory.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redinis said:

Also the price is the only way the make money.

Yeah but I and most people would buy twice as much, if not more, if prices were half their current values. Not saying to cut that much, but a high price is intimidating. With games, the goal is to get the player to make a first purchase. Once they break the seal, they are vastly more likely to keep buying things, especially if prices feel low.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

Yeah but I and most people would buy twice as much, if not more, if prices were half their current values. Not saying to cut that much, but a high price is intimidating. With games, the goal is to get the player to make a first purchase. Once they break the seal, they are vastly more likely to keep buying things, especially if prices feel low.

Mhm ya once you made a purchase you're hooked. Its like an addiction lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DoubleRose said:

Those are some very good points, but considering the amount I do see i game, people don't seem to mind too too much haha

• Like 1

And how do you expect game to make money?

First all complain about "no any p2w", there are many things what is unclear is it p2w or not by majority

There are no "quality of life" things either yet, so only way Rednim can get any funding is from costumes now.

Most players will never buy anything from IM since its not NEEDED (read: no p2w, no point spending), and ones who buy wont care 3 vs 10 usd.

I am not telling p2w is best way, but everything has 2 sides, you cannot just "cut" everything and expect things to remain cheap/same.

Servers has cost, developers needs pay, there is lots of cost/expenses included, you cannot expect that game can make enough money from selling dozens of (one time) $3 wings in store and keep game free/open/updated.

I know this will "touch" many people emotions now, its delusional to think game can remain free/updated from selling cheap costumes 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cleric4everr said:

I was going to buy an outfit in IM because I want to support the game, but I don’t know how the outfits look.. is there a way to see, besides the super small images in the IM?

If you press and hold down ctrl and right click any item in game, it’ll show you how it would appear on your character in a preview window. Give it a try! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The prices are expensive compared to the past. Like hair dye coupons used to be 50 points vs 500 now. Servant's set used to be 200(?) Points and had ap stats on it, now its 1000. Like the prices of individual items before wasn't that high but there were so many, and especially pay 2 win advantages it made you inclined to buy more. It's definitely good that the item mall is all cosmetic stuff now but yeah... it is a little steep.

Edited by Phish_
  • Thanks 1

Compared to other servers which I have played most of them over the years the prices are close to being the same. The only exception is the other servers items came with stats to help you level that is the problem with this server which makes the prices to high for the points you are buying.

I don't want any P2W items in the mall either. And get it costs money to run a game an I'll leave it at that.

Lets just compare to another game I currently play, ESO. I also pay for ESO+. The costumes I've looked at there range in price from $5 - $12. With most of them in the $5-$7 dollar range. Cosmetically for colors they range in price from $.50 - $2. Mask bundles (4 of them) cost like $5 - $7.

I have no issue with spending money to support a product/server. I like lots of the costumes and other things to wear that were and hopefully show up in the item mall here. I spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on premium accounts and a lot of IM outfits, accessories and P2W items when it was NA. To me the prices they set here are high and above my comfort level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

When you have thousands of options, it's best to not make the customer self-conscious over a single purchase.

Yap i am tbh gonna limit it to one outfit per character as i simply cant afford it otherwise. For my mage jt would already be 30$ without getting wings x.x

1 hour ago, Sneaux said:

How much USD did you have to pay for points in the past? Does anyone remember?

The same ratio as we have here- 600 points at NA was about $6 USD.  500 Rose points is $5 USD.

Remember at NA we also had the Lucky Spin where you could spent tons just trying to get the specific costume parts. Here you can choose and only get the pieces that you want.  

• Like 1