Fellas, You Done Goofed.

Vile

You really shouldn't have nerfed the bones. You shouldn't have nerfed the Krawfies or Doongas either. See, the mistake you made was you thought it was ruining an economy, that didn't yet exist. But by altering that inflow before the economy could set and normalize, you created a "haves" and "have nots" economy. You coulda waited til Reinforcing fees kicked in. Unique repair fees. Refining fees, and frequent planet travel fees. You should waited for it to stabilize. Then make the fine tuning it may or may not need at the top end. Instead, you've kicked the bee-hive and the players are in a riot. At least, that's how it looks, I honestly am not bothered.

So here's how you undo this mess. And bring equilibrium back to the game.
1: Return the Krawfy and Doongas values to their originals.
2: Return the bones to their original values.
3: Remove No EXP scrolls ability to block Quest EXP.

Wait a few weeks to a month or two after Dungeons and arenas are out.
Then make adjustments to the OUTFLOWs of the game. The sinks.
Adjust repair fees, refining fees, reinforcing fees, travel fees, food costs and so forth. DON'T mess with the faucet.

It's not too late.
Or, you could double down, and make this really REALLY messy in the future, if you thought this was as bad as it'll get.... I assure you, a starvation economy will be significantly more savage and harsh.

• Like 15
  • Confused 2

Just now, prettywomanlover said:

Pretty sure a few hours ago you were saying you were happy bones have been nerfed and have proffited on them yourself..? You really change your opinion easily. 

That is definitely not something I said. You might want to check your source on that.

I agree on owl or at least they should have wait at for 3months to decrease the amount of rewards.

now the citizens of rose are now classified as "boned" and "not boned"

kidding aside, they should at least consult the players or their fellow admin to know what are the pros and cons of such action.

Edited by Snow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's make the faucet better via improved allocation without increasing or decreasing.

I'm all for nerfing the bone quest IF it means we get npcs in gorge of silence paying us to collect gems from golems, marsh of ghosts paying us to collect crystals from miners, etc. Give us some zulie options everywhere, not just a couple good things that make everything else worthless.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, MagicJimson said:

yall should bann owlchemist, he said yall done goofed...which means he was implying yall done f'd up.....but also stated that he didn't care like fr fr no cap but keeps reinforcing the fact that yall f'd up

Oh no, you saw through my coded language, ya got me chief. I'll turn myself in to the internet cringe police immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i think the nerfing of the bone quest was more of a response to the botting going on in fossil sanctuary.

500k per bone is absolutely ridiculous amount, this was a catchup mechanic added to a server that had been in development for over a decade, it was meant to help new players gain some income, same with the 24m worth of zuly you get when you get to 200.(you might notice this is average cost of almost all the lvl 200 uniques)

They should make ALL the repeatable quests that people use to level with give 45-55k zuly. Once you leave junon you dont make money again for another 100 levels. The bones had to be nerfed, I was farming 30m+ a day on the bones.

its not 'messing with the faucet' when the faucet is broken and your house is flooding.

Edited by Flagrant
  • Like 1

The devs shot themselves in the foot by making the reward 500k to begin with.  That’s a ridiculous amount.  I slowly saw vendors selling/buying mats more and more expensive, as more and more people became rich.  I’m glad the quest was nerfed

• Like 2

1st what devs should do is let it be for now as it is and announce a date early access will end,wipe and then official release it.2nd lower the amouth of exp by atleast 50% from those repeatable quests and zulie to 80% as they did to bone quest this will make ppl actualy exp in all zones and not only few.GoS will finaly have it's glory again and Goblin cave aswell. 3th Put huge cd on those buttons for stats and skill reset like 1 week or so and the economy will be more stable.Put those scrolls for stats/skill reset at higher cost so ppl can burn money if they want to reset like 5m per scroll and make it so skills like discount does not work on them.4th Remove disasemble skills from all classes and let it only on dealers/artisants.Lower drop rate little bit too many feathers/hearts/gems/Uniques are being droped from regular monsters it's kinda insane.

Lets face the real facts guys as much alot of ppl to say they love to pvp they cant pvp all day it will get boring.What most ppl like about rose that others game lack of is that grind,character development and party's for exp and killing bosses.You can pvp on lower lvls with good gear again lets not forget that and most of us here for that. 🙂

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Kotence said:

1st what devs should do is let it be for now as it is and announce a date early access will end,wipe and then official release it.2nd lower the amouth of exp by atleast 50% from those repeatable quests and zulie to 80% as they did to bone quest this will make ppl actualy exp in all zones and not only few.GoS will finaly have it's glory again and Goblin cave aswell. 3th Put huge cd on those buttons for stats and skill reset like 1 week or so and the economy will be more stable.Put those scrolls for stats/skill reset at higher cost so ppl can burn money if they want to reset like 5m per scroll and make it so skills like discount does not work on them.4th Remove disasemble skills from all classes and let it only on dealers/artisants.Lower drop rate little bit too many feathers/hearts/gems/Uniques are being droped from regular monsters it's kinda insane.

Lets face the real facts guys as much alot of ppl to say they love to pvp they cant pvp all day it will get boring.What most ppl like about rose that others game lack of is that grind,character development and party's for exp and killing bosses.You can pvp on lower lvls with good gear again lets not forget that and most of us here for that. 🙂

there's no such thing as wipe, you didn't read what the devs have written last december about it, do you?

the progress of the players will be the same when the official launch begin.

19 hours ago, Snow said:

there's no such thing as wipe, you didn't read what the devs have written last december about it, do you?

quick question....if there is no wipe  and we still keep our characters then what will be the diffrence from now EA and official launch?Ppl long ago made those tems "alfa test" "beta test" and so on for a reason? I mean in your words there is no logic dont you think? And what they said 30 days ago is not the same as for now...I know you gonna cry for your hard lvled char but that is the main purpose of EA stress tests and so on to find bugs/abuses and other stuff so they can fix it before release and so we can have fair play and fun.Idk if you have steped out from orlo but zant is almost empty now.Junnon is less and less populated now.Most ppl understand that there will be wipe or hope like any other game that before official release there will be wipe so they can return and play normaly.And that is the majority of us.Not everyone are like you to have 12h a day every day to grind most have work wife kids and if we can have hour or two free time to play are happy...at this stage is not motivating for casuals to play tbh and that is not only my opinion.Hate me all you want but this is true.Ppl who have alot more free time even with wipe will come play again they will be higher lvl again.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kotence said:

quick question....if there is no wipe  and we still keep our characters then what will be the diffrence from now EA and official launch?Ppl long ago made those tems "alfa test" "beta test" and so on for a reason? I mean in your words there is no logic dont you think? And what they said 30 days ago is not the same as for now...I know you gonna cry for your hard lvled char but that is the main purpose of EA stress tests and so on to find bugs/abuses and other stuff so they can fix it before release and so we can have fair play and fun.Idk if you have steped out from orlo but zant is almost empty now.Junnon is less and less populated now.Most ppl understand that there will be wipe or hope like any other game that before official release there will be wipe so they can return and play normaly.And that is the majority of us.Not everyone are like you to have 12h a day every day to grind most have work wife kids and if we can have hour or two free time to play are happy...at this stage is not motivating for casuals to play tbh and that is not only my opinion.Hate me all you want but this is true.Ppl who have alot more free time even with wipe will come play again they will be higher lvl again.

Per the devs/announcement, there is no wipe that will happen. No matter how people wishes them to.

Screenshot_20230112_052106.png.b0634ac24f5088848701223b2881dccb.png

More information on the announcement details here: https://www.roseonlinegame.com/news/11-early-access-announcement

So...

- If people read the announcement, expect that there are bugs and downtimes. 

- The game's 'early access' term is different from what we expect. The company is aware that if they follow the general open/closed beta test will take time. But since there are a lot of people who want to play in this official server, we accept the fact that it's not the smooth gameplay that we want.

I mean, you can still enjoy playing the game for an hour or so. Or play next year. Maybe that time, the game is already smooth as players would like them to be.

Let's not say it's a fair play. Looks like 'fair' is only applied for you. How many players do you think logged on and started playing at the same time the server opened?

Lastly, I believe the devs thought hard before they made this announcement. I for one would loose my trust to a game that can't even follow their own announcement.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:59 PM, Snow said:

They said they don't intend on having a wipe "as long as nothing severe happens". That doesn't mean the situation or their decision can't change.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, OwlchemistVile said:

You really shouldn't have nerfed the bones. You shouldn't have nerfed the Krawfies or Doongas either. See, the mistake you made was you thought it was ruining an economy, that didn't yet exist. But by altering that inflow before the economy could set and normalize, you created a "haves" and "have nots" economy. You coulda waited til Reinforcing fees kicked in. Unique repair fees. Refining fees, and frequent planet travel fees. You should waited for it to stabilize. Then make the fine tuning it may or may not need at the top end. Instead, you've kicked the bee-hive and the players are in a riot. At least, that's how it looks, I honestly am not bothered.

So here's how you undo this mess. And bring equilibrium back to the game.
1: Return the Krawfy and Doongas values to their originals.
2: Return the bones to their original values.
3: Remove No EXP scrolls ability to block Quest EXP.

Wait a few weeks to a month or two after Dungeons and arenas are out.
Then make adjustments to the OUTFLOWs of the game. The sinks.
Adjust repair fees, refining fees, reinforcing fees, travel fees, food costs and so forth. DON'T mess with the faucet.

It's not too late.
Or, you could double down, and make this really REALLY messy in the future, if you thought this was as bad as it'll get.... I assure you, a starvation economy will be significantly more savage and harsh.

GMs if you haven’t already but you need to get some advice from an economist as its central mechanic in the game.

The average total zulie a single player makes from quests rewards, selling gear, etc (without interacting with the market) should only be slightly more than the average total cost of playing (repairs, travel, fees, npc purchase etc). This will keep the inflation rate low.

As it is right now, inflation is through the roof? Why? Because the rate of zulies a player can accrue is significantly higher than the cost of playing. You might see what? At most a million in repairs and items purchased in a month of playing? You make that back in a day at krawfies. All that extra million zulie coming from repeatable quest is just inflating prices through the roof with no sinks to remove that zulie.

How to balance this?

Ideally the game should not have zulie from repeatable quests. As long as the zulie an average player makes is just slightly higher to the cost of playing then the economy will see a healthy amount of inflation. This is the most fair for everyone. Now that it is though. Revert all the rewards back to original and I guess all players are now dealing with costs in the millions. It’s all relative anyway if things cost millions but players can make millions the economy is healthy. This is the most fair. Unfortunately npc costs are fixed and aren’t affected by player economy and will largely be irrelevant. There isn’t a fair way to address this now. Without a wipe It’s too late.

• Confused 1

"Because the rate of zulies a player can accrue is significantly higher than the cost of playing."
Unless you've hit 250, and are refining, reinforcing, gemming, rolling sub-stats and transfer scrolls and working up several elemental weapon and chest armors, then you're not qualified to make this assertion yet.
Just saying.

• Like 3