Trebor

When Leonis was still at Gravity he mentioned about adding the ability if doing mining 

for artisans and others who might want to level and make some Zuly it might give those a chance of doing something different except always having to fight mobs in parties

• Like 5

I like this idea.

It would be pretty easy to spawn game objects like special kinds of mining nodes as game objects. They could even be made so that they would be initially visible to all players but disappear from the visibility list of players who have already harvested them. Maybe on a timer so that they will respawn to the vis' list after a period of time. This would encourage miners to move from map to map on a daily forage to get the mats.

The coding logic for this is extremely easy. I've already pseudo-coded the concept to see how it would work.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Avery said:

I do not think this idea would fit the theme of rose and feel like it just is trying to make rose like every other mmorpg. This is what I liked about rose, is it it wasn’t like every other mmo 

I dont think mining fits either, but how about fishing? Its something we can do as a group

Why not both?

You could buy new Equipment for mining, fishing, lumbering and maybe even racing (giving dolphin island a chance!). The better your equipment the higher your chances of a good catch. Instead of fixing good catches on the higher level maps it might be funny to see 100 high level characters fishing in el verloon to get that rare fish. As for the use of the fish: Exchange in Union points, Archievements, a potion which could be cooked for even more hp/mp and a slight buff, maybe as a daily quest Item.

That would add variety in my opinion

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:07 PM, Avery said:

I do not think this idea would fit the theme of rose and feel like it just is trying to make rose like every other mmorpg. This is what I liked about rose, is it it wasn’t like every other mmo 

I agree, while the idea of having optional stuff to do is nice things such as mining do not fit the world of Rose.
Alternatives could be worth researching into tho.

Edited by Shid0x

I personally love the idea of gathering professions being introduced. Another feature to keep you busy. Nice as well if some of the loot from this supported the Artisan in their crafting ability. That way crafting isn't just kill monsters/ bosses to obtain material. You could mine metals from Ore, etc. Just another to support obtaining materials for crafting!   

I'm not sure what about mining doesn't fit with the world of Rose. It wouldn't affect gameplay in any real way.

In fact the mining concept is already explored with the Goblin mines and with Moldies and their pickaxes. We could limit mining of minerals/metals to specific places such as "the mines"

I think it would just bring more variety, more things to do and more general interest

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PurpleYouko said:

I'm not sure what about mining doesn't fit with the world of Rose. It wouldn't affect gameplay in any real way.

In fact the mining concept is already explored with the Goblin mines and with Moldies and their pickaxes. We could limit mining of minerals/metals to specific places such as "the mines"

I think it would just bring more variety, more things to do and more general interest

I would personally agree, why won't it?   Mining, Fishing, Gathering (flowers), Cutting (trees) could be something that is also used in crafting, like Wood, Metals, etc

I think at least one pserver does have mining right now.  It would definitely add a new dimension to the game and possibly give more value to the other planets if certain minerals or ores could only be found there.  

I would guess this is an idea for the future rather than the present but its interesting to think about

I remember proposing mining as a source for the rune materials. The general idea of mining, gathering and harvesting is perfectly within ROSE's conceptual world. And as a side note, sometimes when everyone is doing something, it's because it's a good idea to do it. It's not often when everyone is doing something, and it's bad or harmful. ROSE has plenty of unique charm, you don't need every aspect to be "unique". Sometimes, it's not unique, it's just clunky. 

1 hour ago, PurpleYouko said:

Well this can't really be explained can it ? Such taste is subjective.
Its just personally i don't feel like mining does belong in the world of Rose as a player perspective, even tho it can be part of the story ( ie : cave )

But limiting such activities to places like the cave would be enticing to me yes, one of the caveat i have about things such as mining is that you often end up with harvesting materials everywhere and it ruins the artistic direction imo.

Edited by Shid0x