RE: Disable Dual Client

hjvg

there is a lot of talking about dual client fixes and because of that a lot of classes are being changed. some people see that as inporvement and some dont see it as inprovement.
(i dont want to start the good or wrong thing here)

but if you really want to fix the dual clienting /multiclient make it just that you can run 1 client.
thats in my eyes the real fix for that and then you still can see how you change classes

Edit: after a discusion in discord i have been told 2 clients are alowd because of shops. but the feeling i had in the chat that most are going to dual client and dont use it for a shop as there are other ways to sell items the $ chat or a forum topic

Edited by hjvg
discosion in discord

Considering that currently there is no offline vending, and you can't really limit clients to a number, because there are several ways to bypass any ip/hardware limitation.

Saying that people wouldn't need to use multiple clients it's a sort of needed reason to say.

1 minute ago, Critpeak said:

Considering that currently there is no offline vending, and you can't really limit clients to a number, because there are several ways to bypass any ip/hardware limitation.

Saying that people wouldn't need to use multiple clients it's a sort of needed reason to say.

i edit on the same time you posted

but yea the feeling i get in discord is that the most say we dont really need it for a shop we will use it for dual client as we are used to that

We wanted to limit it to 1 client but after talking with players we conceded that two would be better for the time being, main reasons:

- Without offline vending, you can't play and open your shop at the same time
- Players who like to make an Artisan as a second job like to be able to do artisan stuff while still being available on their main account (e.g. queue for dungeon, game arena, etc.)
- With the current storage system, even with max expansion coupons, players who collect a lot of items literally run out of places to store their items

These are some of the things we would like to address before considering a 1 client limit. I'm sure there are other reasons but these were the ones that popped into my head.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, lazypenguin said:

We wanted to limit it to 1 client but after talking with players we conceded that two would be better for the time being, main reasons:

- Players who like to make an Artisan as a second job like to be able to do artisan stuff while still being available on their main account (e.g. queue for dungeon, game arena, etc.)
- With the current storage system, even with max expansion coupons, players who collect a lot of items literally run out of places to store their items

These are some of the things we would like to address before considering a 1 client limit. I'm sure there are other reasons but these were the ones that popped into my head.

True but when your afk you can stell setup your shop and there are more ways to sell items like a forum topic, the $ chat ingame.  at the biggining of rose people where also not running multiple clients for shops

i think most people will use the second client not for the shops but to let a other char leech while lvling. (this was also a bit the outcome of the talk in discord most people sayed yes i will go dual client instead of putting a shop up)

and i think letting chars leeching while lvling was 1 of your biggest reasons to change classes. as you did not want that anymore

Edited by hjvg

• 3 weeks later...

MMORPG would be healthy and alive when dual client is disabled

WHY? because if dual client is enabled it would lead to laziness

e.g. if Dual Client Enabled> We will just create Main Character and a Slave healer/support, 

Support role will be substitute by Dual Client players

Its more fun the game would be alive to its finest when you are with Party of Single Client players especially Support Role/Job

also the reason to minimize lag and abuse i see Single Client gaming would be a win win for everyone

Edited by Chicka2k23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

nobody would play cleric if they disable duel clienting. People only use them to support their other character, They are not fun at all and are stressful anymore with no buffs and such weak heals. And if you dont want to duel client then don't It should be an option and has since the beginning of rose. You new players have terrible suggestions.

Edited by prettywomanlover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, prettywomanlover said:

nobody would play cleric if they disable duel clienting. People only use them to support their other character, They are not fun at all and are stressful anymore with no buffs and such weak heals. 

Disagree. There are people who main clerics. Disabling dual clienting would also encourage people to become clerics, because I believe dual clienting takes away from those who wish to main them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wokki said:

Disagree. There are people who main clerics. Disabling dual clienting would also encourage people to become clerics, because I believe dual clienting takes away from those who wish to main them.

Yes if dual client is disabled you cannot login your slave buffer support real player will catch up their true role as a real player support job/character in party not yourself too get it? 

9 minutes ago, prettywomanlover said:

nobody would play cleric if they disable duel clienting. People only use them to support their other character, They are not fun at all and are stressful anymore with no buffs and such weak heals. And if you dont want to duel client then don't It should be an option and has since the beginning of rose. You new players have terrible suggestions.

its alternate mate

if Dual Client is disabled you will have Real Player role is Support Healer, not yourself nor your Dual Client character also. 

• Haha 1

Real Gamers = Single Client

No Life gamers= Dual Client

using their own characters talking themselves, partying themselves, healing, buffing, supporting themselves.

FREE yourself come on, Its more fun when you are with Real Players not with ALT. 

Edited by Chicka2k23
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1