PET SYSTEM

Kai

On 1/13/2022 at 8:25 AM, Trebor said:

Auto-pickup with the ability to pickup certain drops if you want.

I pickup everything, but lets say you only want gems and chemicals, then be able to configure the pet to only pickup those items.   But say up to a max amount for the list.   Maybe when you say gems, it picks up all gems, unless you specify I only want diamond 1 & 2.

Thoughts?

nice idea trev

• 6 months later...

Did you get inspired by Black Desert Online by any chance? They also have pets that need to be fueled by food to pick up loot for you. But I really like that about BDO, so I would very much like to see something similar in Rose.

As it's most likely considered p2w, since it heavily increases farm efficiency, I'd suggest to make it a quest reward or NPC item like carts that people need to work for and save up Zuly for.

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/20/2022 at 2:41 PM, Kai said:

I'm againts auto loot. It's private-server ish 🥰

It does smell a bit pserver-ish. I'm sure we can figure something out, though.

We could give our clerics and hawkers more summoning abilities. Dealers would have to craft their own, though. Very much against the 'free' hunters they're given. I mean, they're useful but they're just not implemented thematically. Better to roll your own, I say.

Edited by Bobbity
Left out some words again, sigh.
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Bobbity said:

It does smell a bit pserver-ish. I'm sure we can figure something out, though.

We could give our clerics and hawkers more summoning abilities. Dealers would have to craft their own, though. Very much against the 'free' hunters they're given. I mean, they're useful but they're just not implemented thematically. Better to roll your own, I say.

Most of all of these suggestions that have been “authored” came from the idea of a specific private server. Lol. Let’s not implement any of them, then. 

*pets Kai and Avatar*

I wouldn't be surprised if pets have been on Rednim's mind for ages. Just Garnet alone has been thinking about them for some time now. 

Anyway, let me reiterate my standpoint: I strongly support a summoner class or multiple summoner classes - summoner functionality, if you will. Auto-loot should be fine as long as it isn't free. Either requiring a heavy investment in skill points or time and effort on a quest. Whether this should be something purchasable from the IM is unclear to me. I don't see this as a p2w element forcing a divide between the whale haves and the skint have-nots. (Every server should have a whale or two, of course.)

Dealers should NOT have free summons, in my mind. Not even the hunters. While clerics wield the power of a god for 'free', they suffer for it by being less efficient at killing - and I'm okay with that. Similarly, everything dealers do should cost them. Ammo? Loot or buy the mats, then craft. Summons? Loot or buy the mats, then craft. Nukes? Loot or buy the mats, then craft.

Everyone and anyone could have free access to pets, of course, via the IM or quests from NPCs. Hawker pets could definitely benefit from a Pokemon-oriented growth system though. I think I've talked about this somewhere before. 

(EDIT: Yes, I have. )

Edited by Bobbity
Googled.
  • Confused 1

I don’t need to be petted, thank you. 

When talking about Dealers and their free summons, are you referring to actual zulie or something else? Because as far as I can remember, it does cost zulie for them to summon. Or do you believe the cost should be raised? 

I like the ideea but i'am not for it, maybe some simple way is to make a unique quest for an skill let's say " Got your back" or something like that. And that unique skill can auto pick let's say zulie ( i like the ideea of pet's but let's not make it private server wich already got it and also punish the engine with more actions/functions and so on for now).

Good ideea but i'am not for it!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 1:40 PM, Avatar said:

When talking about Dealers and their free summons, are you referring to actual zulie or something else? Because as far as I can remember, it does cost zulie for them to summon. Or do you believe the cost should be raised? 

I'm referring to opportunity cost and skill point cost. It doesn't really cost Dealers much to invest in the Mercenary subtree. Sometimes only 2-3 valuepoints is enough. At max investment with summon gauge gems the summons don't add much but they do offer some additional DPS. (They also look cool.) This max investment happens lategame, of course. Mercenary summons actually shine earlygame where their true value is tank/cannon fodder. At low levels, Dealers don't have the necessary gear to buff their HP, movespeed and DPS so these summons are great value for the skill points spent. They're the frontline while the dealer delivers DPS uninterrupted from the backline. (And sometimes they switch!) Also, currently very little crafting happens at low levels, to the point where there is no +CON crafting tool available until you get to Luna.

Basically, it's a disconnect. Summoning Hunter and Warrior mercenaries has nothing to do with crafting. Yet the skill is visible ON THE CRAFTING PAGE. It implies that crafters, artisans are weak, that they sacrifice the ability to output damage by themselves to study the artisanal arts. I propose we integrate pet summoning into the crafting skills by having crafters craft their own summons. Let them pay for it in loot, sweat, blood and tears like they do everything else. Not just 'I put one point in Hunter and press button.'

When I say 'Dealer-crafted summons' I'm talking about the following:

• stationary turrets made of guns or launchers, fed with ammo, firing bullets or shells
  • mini-Castle Gear units that can melee and/or deal ranged attack (using modular design with swappable parts)
  • landmines/proximity mines for that luring strat we all love
  • True Sight of some sort - invisibility detection components that can be equipped onto other summons or planted directly onto the ground
  • other stuff related to crafting, forging, storage etc. 

I'm starting to think we need a Summon tab next to the PAT tab. Can't use the PAT tab for mini-CG summons, after all.

If Visitors could hire Hunters and Warriors for quests (with zulie!) then having these guys as 'summons' would work thematically, too. Cleric-wannabe muses especially could enjoy getting some help for their quest chains or just plain leveling at reduced rates just like a Dealer with Discount would. 

Can't believe it's a weekday and nobody needs petting. *sigh*

Edited by Bobbity
Left out some words again, sigh.
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...

STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. 

we're all familiar with the capsules,for those of you that don't know capsules are like lil pet summons that you can summon on rose.

as of now we lack a truly pet system in the game which i think is very needed and would be beneficial for all of us ,i think this would be a cool way to help the team and make our experience easier and more enjoyable thinking about clicking those painful small icons to  pick up your loot brings me back to all the headaches and annoyance that experience with farming in rose. 

HOW TO OBTAIN THE PETS;

as of now i got two ideas of how we can make this work either make them accessible through hunting them or purchased through item mall.

how would the hunting mechanic work well you'll be obligated to buy a pet trap from the pet shop the trap would work like scouts hunter trap, you lay down the trap and lure the pet towards the trap how would you lure the pets you might ask,well players would have to purchased candy from the pet store once u target the pet you want you throw the candy at them. you set up your trap and you lure the pet towards the trap by throwing the candy at them. 

another way to obtaining the pet would be through the item mall im more so leaning towards the item mall option, considering the devs need every form of monetization they can again considering the game would be completely free to play.

PET SYSTEM;

a pet system would be needed considering the vast amount of loot the game has, this gives the player the opportunity to loot an specific item only or various one with the exception of others.

by right clicking on ur pet you would be able to open the pet drop filter window on there you can select which items you want ur pet to loot and which items you want ur pet to ignore.       this would give players the opportunity to pick and choose what items they farming for.

PET ACCESSORIES; 

you would be able to customize your pet want ur pet to wear a cute winter hat? or a cute pair of boots? well you can do so 🙂

pet customisation would be another way to support the team again the game would be completely free to play the team needs every form of monetization they can get . 

• Like 4

I would like the pet to be in the item mall so we can help fund the devs and the game. A Pet system is a must. Pet accessory is a great idea.
Just please don't make the picking up loot a pet skill like in pservers I find it very terrible and p2w feature because the skill expires you have to buy it again in the item mall.
Pet built-in skill is to loot it should not expire lol. Just sharing my frustrations on the pet system on some pservers XD
One pet accessory maybe a pet can have is a little portable storage or backpack extension not so big maybe 10 to 20 items.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Hey, these are pretty neat ideas! I hope that there’s a way for the pet to have their own storage, kinda like how they have on Lost Ark! We already have a storage problem, so this is another method of expanding that option. 

that would be pretty cool, rose storage is pretty limited 

13 minutes ago, Gnoski said:

I would like the pet to be in the item mall so we can help fund the devs and the game. A Pet system is a must. Pet accessory is a great idea.
Just please don't make the picking up loot a pet skill like in pservers I find it very terrible and p2w feature because the skill expires you have to buy it again in the item mall.
Pet built-in skill is to loot it should not expire lol. Just sharing my frustrations on the pet system on some pservers XD
One pet accessory maybe a pet can have is a little portable storage or backpack extension not so big maybe 10 to 20 items.

oh no picking up loot would just be a pet automatic function no skill needed that wouldn't make sense like you said it should not expire specially if you already pay for the pet. the pet backpack i think is a good idea we do need all the storage we can get considering the item ui storage is pretty limited 

I love this idea! There is still so much to be gained with pets in Rose 😄 
Maybe there could even be a possibility to have 'Pet Battles between players or player vs NPC'. Actually, something pretty similar to what World of Warcraft has now. That in combination with your ideas would be so cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , I would like to Suggest an idea , if devs think it's Possible , to Add Pet's in the Game that Allowed to Auto-pick items on the ground   ?

Just like (a private roseonline game) ,,, pet's , (example) ,

Also Pet's can be Sold on ItemMallShop if devs would like to sell some special Pets ? Idk up to you Guys !

Thanks for reading

Edited by Cancer30
  • Like 2

This isn't a good solution for the real problem. The problem is that looting takes too long. A better and proper solution would be Area Looting. Loot one item and you automatically loot everything else you can pick up that lies with a certain range.

Using a pet for auto loot is a really bad idea. Let me explain why.

1. It's already crowded everywhere. If there is for every player also pet walking around then the crowd will be doubled.
  2. What kind of pet loots for you? A new special loot pet? Or use the current pet system and expand it? It's another decision to make.
  3. Pets are always following you and that doesn't always go well. AI in this game isn't the best unfortunately. Looting might take as long as looting yourself or maybe even longer, cause pet get stuck or something. So what's the gain here?

That is why area looting is much better and quicker.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1