CLERIC TO SURVIVE THE GAME?

Maddox

Do we still need one cleric on another account besides our main account to survive the game? since on my last experience of playing it is necessary to have a cleric account to play solo, i hope this time will be more focused on partying with clerics and not making your own just to survive solo leveling i hope the we can level decent and farm without the need of your own cleric as a second account. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maddox said:

Do we still need one cleric on another account besides our main account to survive the game? since on my last experience of playing it is necessary to have a cleric account to play solo, i hope this time will be more focused on partying with clerics and not making your own just to survive solo leveling i hope the we can level decent and farm without the need of your own cleric as a second account. 

This team has made it so you don’t have to rely on dual clienting or specifically needing a cleric anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

sounds like they killed the cleric class then.

if your able to lvl/farm with out a cleric how would a cleric be able to get a party then as people always chooche higher exp above a leeching cleric witch is not needed anymore if i understand you right @Avatar

i think other classes should not have buffs like it was in irose then every class had a real reason in you needed at least a few of the classes to get a great lvling party.

yes a lot of people went dual clienting but if the cleric is not needed they will just singel client and play solo

maybe its because i am a old irose player and never liked the evo style. there where some nice things in evo but that was not the skill system in my eyes

Edited by hjvg
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, hjvg said:

sounds like they killed the cleric class then.

if your able to lvl/farm with out a cleric how would a cleric be able to get a party then as people always chooche higher exp above a leeching cleric witch is not needed anymore if i understand you right @Avatar

i think other classes should not have buffs like it was in irose then every class had a real reason in you needed at least a few of the classes to get a great lvling party.

yes a lot of people went dual clienting but if the cleric is not needed they will just singel client and play solo

maybe its because i am a old irose player and never liked the evo style. there where some nice things in evo but that was not the skill system in my eyes

iRose wasn’t the only time Rose has seen this. Pre-Evo also had this in place and it worked. 

The Rednim team doesn’t want dual clienting to be the only form of playing. They want to make it to where there is only one client a user needs to open to play the game, the way any MMO should be. In order to do that, changes needed to be made to fit with this vision. 

One thing we haven’t spoken about are the heals/other buffs the cleric brings to the table. While having all classes/buffs are not necessary to level, having them will make the leveling experience that much better and smoother. It’s long overdue, yes, and we need a team that is willing to give it a try and not be afraid to try something different, despite the amount of players that aren’t in favor of this. For the betterment and longevity of the game. 

The Rednim team will also be looking for player feedback in terms of the cleric changes. They aren’t afraid to revert any changes, if it’s necessary. That’s the point of Early Access. 

I was in your shoes when I first heard about the changes, trust me. Look at any of my post history on here and Discord. But I realized that it’s not a bad idea at all to want players to only have to play on one client. I was so resistant to change, but it’s quite necessary to move forward with the times and improve on some features. 

Let’s give it a shot together before making any judgments. ♥️

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 6

but if you want to get the dual clienting gone just make it so you can not boot the game 2 times

that way you dont have to changes clerics and keep  the class as it wass (ofcourse small changes are fine) but the give all the other classes buffs so you dont have to dual client feels a bit strange.

if you can only start 1 client its not possible to dual client so clerics will be invited in party`s because they can help the buffing. yes its make it harder to play this game solo but in the end they did add dungeon`s and stuff witch you can not do solo aswell so why should you be able to easy lvl solo?

but i think its strange to use the dual clienting as a reason to change a support class (or his benefits). if you just block dual clienting people need to play to gether again.
and yes if you want to solo play yes its harder but thats your own choice and problem then as you sayed its a  MMO Massively multiplayer online game witch was made to play together. but as long as you can start multpull clients people will dual client and if they dont need a cleric they will go for 2 fighters as 2 can always do more damage as 1 even if its only base hits

i hope devs will revert all this nonsense of buffs divide to all classes and bring back cleric to glory again
this was my total fun from 0 to 250 to support and after 250 just to wonder and help other newbies and buff them speed them give them konwledge
DEVS MUST RETHINK THIS MOVE AGAIN ITS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF CLERIC TO BUFF HEAL SUPPORT REPEAT

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Majestic said:

i hope devs will revert all this nonsense of buffs divide to all classes and bring back cleric to glory again
this was my total fun from 0 to 250 to support and after 250 just to wonder and help other newbies and buff them speed them give them konwledge
DEVS MUST RETHINK THIS MOVE AGAIN ITS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF CLERIC TO BUFF HEAL SUPPORT REPEAT

spacer.png

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

I'd like to remind everyone about the forum rules.  Treat each other with respect.  Name calling is inappropriate and may result in a ban if it continues. 

ahh welll and his gif was appropriate ?
to make funnn of me and my will of revert this change
and noo i didn't ask him!! it wasn't a question!! specially not to him to reply he is not staff !!! so why is he coming after me with this ridiclous comment

9 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

spacer.png

what a clown.... keep doing that
i will say it again no one asks you where did u see me refer to you specific question?
it wasn't even a question it was a say i hope devs will reconsider and bring back buffs to cleric where it belongs
stop trying to start a fight here

10 minutes ago, Ashura said:

Why don't we just shuffle the buffs around for all classes. 

Give AP buff to dealer, ASPD buffs to muse, Crits to soldier, E-DMG to hawkers. 

That way all classes have something the other needs and makes partying more balanced. 

if you could multi client more then 2 then fine
but its only 2 this system fails cuz ur constantly in pursue on the other classes to get your buffs instead of searching and bringing one class that buffs and heals you
that is what support is all about and thats cleric's main job
ofc people can him other path to fight and not be a support and invest the skills points in attack skills
but dont destroy cleric and all nostalgia its not fair to the players that do enjoy the "buff slave" like me

Edited by Majestic
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

if you could multi client more then 2 then fine
but its only 2 this system fails cuz ur constantly in pursue on the other classes to get your buffs instead of searching and bringing one class that buffs and heals you
that is what support is all about and thats cleric's main job
ofc people can him other path to fight and not be a support and invest the skills points in attack skills
but dont destroy cleric and all nostalgia its not fair to the players that do enjoy the "buff slave" like me

The devs are trying to promote socializing ingame and not make this iteration of Rose another carbon copy dead pServer. They listened to what the issues were when it closed and made (still making) changes to combat and improve the game. 

They have said it countless times that if the changes aren't well received by the community them they will revert the ones deemed not favorable. The alpha testers are currently giving feedback on the changes so for now that will be the lone voice until the community participates, until then current changes will remain. 

They want everyone to experience the changes first before making a final decision. 

Edited by Ashura
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Ashura said:

The devs are trying to promote socializing ingame and not make this iteration of Rose another carbon copy dead pServer. They listened to what the issues were when it closed and made (still making) changes to combat and improve the game. 

They have said it countless times that if the changes aren't well received by the community them they will revert the ones deemed not favorable. The alpha testers are currently giving feedback on the changes so for now that will be the lone voice until the community participates, until then current changes will remain. 

They want everyone to experience the changes first before making a final decision. 

bro official its official and should never change like a pserver
and  thats total BS to say they want socializing.... when i was a buff slave i was always Socializing how bout that bro??
i was always looking for someone to help and talk i was always welcomed to a party
and even if someone had a cleric in party he would take his cleric out and invite my cleric
no one was selfish everyone was nice! and we always making new friends CLASSES HAE NOTHING TO DO TO THE GAME ISSUE!
LEAVE CLERIC ALONE I WAS HAVING A GREAT TIME WITH IT AS IT IS
its not a pserver for it to change so much from the original and bend the crap out of the game
there was a uniqueness and beauty as it was.... refine is needed yes improvements adding content fixing issues bugs
but not changing the whole secnery sir... and whole meta by remove the most important buffs and make him so useless and now in pursue after all classes just for been buff
its out of the question

just look at other people mind and commenting on this!

"It was awesome being able to stack up your friends to help with leveling progression. But without their buffing tools they become a heal bot. /:

I understand the switch to making them more active party members, but that changes their function into basically a second mage which I think is redundant  Its kind of deterring me from playing the game when it releases again. "

"Ive read a few points on this, and id be sad to see the clerics identity completely changed, making the cleric basically mage 2.0."

"And now it's return have been announced, only for me to be disappointed by such an extreme change in classes, which doesn't feel like rose anymore.

Cleric is a support class, and should remain as such. "

"If you remove that from the game - there will be a significant portion of players who either won't be able to enjoy that part of the game, or won't be able to contribute for that part of the game.

If this is going to be a long term project, changing parts of the game which have been like this for almost 20 years is not the solution - everyone who knows and have played this game at some point is used to classes as they are.

If you want to add something new - either add a completely new job/classes or add 3rd job which each class will be able to choose for themselves.

Another thing which will keep hardcore rose players is possibility to finally see what rose was meant to be, what the name stands for - rush on seven episodes. Slowly expanding rose world to all of it's planets, remodeling and expanding useless old features like castle gears per say. Enabling factions to have greater impact. 

There are plenty of paths which the game have left unexplored and untouched. 

Dividing the perks which single class has amongst the rest - will simply kill that class as a choose-to-play."

more and more comments like that from people that actually know something and loved the cleric!!
cleric is not a mage and this change going to kill his identity

need more honest comments?

Edited by Majestic

Honest comments you shall have. (I apologize for the length of this post.)

I am an unusual case of a dual cleric/artisan main. For reasons, I didn't party on my artisan until reaching the higher levels and spent 2 years in the same map at level 50. In that same period of time, I played on my fs cleric and partied with clan members and randoms. I enjoyed the largesse of compassionate and charitable people who gave me max-stat gear. I paid that forward later after the Draconis/Leonis merger that caused my clan's death, buffing masses of random noobs at Kenji Beach back when the server population was high. I think one day I easily buffed 150 people; it's a memory I'll always come back to. Only after I achieved a good measure of personal toughness did I start working on my battlecleric, mage and speardancer. I made a knight purely for the looks. On my artisan I was socially averse and preferred to level alone and live off the land, but my cleric was literally named to party. And yes, I too enjoyed the high of buffing noobs into demigods. For these reasons, I feel I am qualified to speak on this matter.

I was never a buff 'slave'. Cleric was never an alt for me. Even on the rare occasions where I was leveling two characters at the same time, my cleric was never an afterthought. That said, I always felt annoyed at my lackluster combat abilities and was pleased when abilities like Cleric's Intensity/Wand Weaving at least made me feel like I wasn't just a balloon hitting with a pool noodle and protected by a sponge. In the end, I realized that the problem lay in an overdeveloped focus on my healing subtree. The heals were numerous and, thanks to the updates, had become interesting and benefited from strategic use. But aside from this, all I had was some minor support for my auto-attack and mana shield, and the addition of an all-stat buff.  My skillset was unremarkable. Uninspiring. And when we come back in about a week's time, my cleric's skillset will still be uninspiring and unremarkable. Boring. Mortal. I'm going to abuse all-caps here for emphasis and clarity:

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A MAGE TO WIELD THE POWER OF A GOD

Clerics are not shabby versions of mages. Clerics, in fact, should be unique and better than mages as they naturally wield divine power, yet their skillset doesn't reflect this. On this very forum suggestions have been made to spice up the cleric skillset so people will play clerics actively. Isn't that what this is all about? That some players are natural clerics and actively play their character, whereas others min-max by using the long duration of buffs and flames combined with multiboxing so they can focus on leveling their champ/mage/other? If you want people to main cleric, make clerics great. Give them skills that are literally unique to them, skills beyond the ken of iRose players, things they couldn't even have dreamt of. I don't mind releasing with the current skillset or the late NARose skillset AS LONG AS THE CLERIC REVAMP IS TAKEN SERIOUSLY. Make the skillset such that players, even if they're not of a clerical mindset, will naturally play actively on their cleric. Make it so parties naturally WANT to have clerics with them, that clerics become an exciting bonus. This buff conversation is a distraction from what is sorely lacking and has been for years.

TL;DR - Clerics need a makeover and buffs are only part of the equation.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Bobbity said:

I am an unusual case of a dual cleric/artisan main. For reasons, I didn't party on my artisan until reaching the higher levels and spent 2 years in the same map at level 50. In that same period of time, I played on my fs cleric and partied with clan members and randoms. I enjoyed the largesse of compassionate and charitable people who gave me max-stat gear. I paid that forward later after the Draconis/Leonis merger that caused my clan's death, buffing masses of random noobs at Kenji Beach back when the server population was high. I think one day I easily buffed 150 people; it's a memory I'll always come back to. Only after I achieved a good measure of personal toughness did I start working on my battlecleric, mage and speardancer. I made a knight purely for the looks. On my artisan I was socially averse and preferred to level alone and live off the land, but my cleric was literally named to party. And yes, I too enjoyed the high of buffing noobs into demigods. For these reasons, I feel I am qualified to speak on this matter.

I was never a buff 'slave'. Cleric was never an alt for me. Even on the rare occasions where I was leveling two characters at the same time, my cleric was never an afterthought. That said, I always felt annoyed at my lackluster combat abilities and was pleased when abilities like Cleric's Intensity/Wand Weaving at least made me feel like I wasn't just a balloon hitting with a pool noodle and protected by a sponge. In the end, I realized that the problem lay in an overdeveloped focus on my healing subtree. The heals were numerous and, thanks to the updates, had become interesting and benefited from strategic use. But aside from this, all I had was some minor support for my auto-attack and mana shield, and the addition of an all-stat buff.  My skillset was unremarkable. Uninspiring. And when we come back in about a week's time, my cleric's skillset will still be uninspiring and unremarkable. Boring. Mortal. I'm going to abuse all-caps here for emphasis and clarity:

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A MAGE TO WIELD THE POWER OF A GOD

Clerics are not shabby versions of mages. Clerics, in fact, should be unique and better than mages as they naturally wield divine power, yet their skillset doesn't reflect this. On this very forum suggestions have been made to spice up the cleric skillset so people will play clerics actively. Isn't that what this is all about? That some players are natural clerics and actively play their character, whereas others min-max by using the long duration of buffs and flames combined with multiboxing so they can focus on leveling their champ/mage/other? If you want people to main cleric, make clerics great. Give them skills that are literally unique to them, skills beyond the ken of iRose players, things they couldn't even have dreamt of. I don't mind releasing with the current skillset or the late NARose skillset AS LONG AS THE CLERIC REVAMP IS TAKEN SERIOUSLY. Make the skillset such that players, even if they're not of a clerical mindset, will naturally play actively on their cleric. Make it so parties naturally WANT to have clerics with them, that clerics become an exciting bonus. This buff conversation is a distraction from what is sorely lacking and has been for years.

/agreed ❤️

I love this post. This is my concern but also my hope. I enjoyed buffing but I'm looking forward to changes. So long as they make the cleric good I'll be happy. I also played cleric as a main and never did the afk or even the multi box thing. Lets hope the changes amount to more than "here you guys, we've stripped the cleric of buffs. Enjoy!". The cleric was already in need of new tools to make it fun. Just removing what we had will just plain suck for those who enjoy actively being a cleric.

• Like 1

@Bobbityi can agree with your post 
but far as i have readed and have seen on stream today atm they only removed the unique part of the cleric (yes you got heal) and people are saying yea but your important to heal others that are just 1 or 2 skills (for end game things).
and saying yes you can add battle skillss now yea buit thats not unique.

so yea if they make cleric unique again it could work but as far as i see atm its not happening

atm its like removeing all atk skills from a knight and give them a defense buff and tell them you but you can still tank

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobbity said:

... pruned for page space saving, quote is referencing entire post ...

First time you've made a reasonable, articulate and sensible post that I've seen. And because of that, I'll post the feedback I gave for some simple changes back about 1 month into alpha testing. It's not been discussed but it's a sneak peek into what feedback was being given back then.

image.thumb.png.2e7dd757fc6dd9803f68bdcb92af8f82.png

Edit: This is an excerpt screenshot from a list of changes I suggested to every class.

Edited by OwlchemistVile
  • Like 1

@OwlchemistVile Please stop delivering ad hominem insults on the forums and other public spaces. This makes people revile you and reject your feedback. Considering your feedback is of high value, this is counterproductive. Accompanying your toxicity with useful material isn't sneaky, cunning or cool. It's disgusting and unwanted. You should think seriously about this. You often make ridiculous grammar mistakes and insult people, but I don't criticize you about that because it's off-topic and derails the conversation. I even have you set as ignored because of your conduct and had to manually display this post. PLEASE STOP INSULTING PEOPLE IN PUBLIC SPACES RELATED TO ROSE ONLINE. This is unwelcome behavior. There is a messaging function on Discord and here for a reason if you really need that toxic fix.

• Like 1

Sheesh... 😂

Change the game all the way up and let's go!  If you don't like it then don't play.

What's the issue?  You need to feel wanted in game?  Nonsense.  I'd vote for buff-vending to be implemented.  Then players can hit up your shop and purchase buffs and run off on their own or whatever.  Add this to offline vending as well haha.

Clerics we're not played the way the way some of you casually remember.

And dual-clienting?  Come on.  For one, the devs can not stop it 100% even if they wanted to as it's next to impossible.  Secondly, rigs these days can handle several clients easily.