Item refine level adjustments

Gnasty

Glow color

I don't exactly remember the order or glowing level each refine level had. But I do remember that when max level was 9, it had an awesome gold-glowing effect which was completely butchered when level 15 was introduced and afaik level 15 didn't glow as much as 9 did. Also it wasn't even gold. It was some blue-ish color I think?

What are your thoughts on this? Can it be better implemented this time so the level reflects their actual tier?

Max level

Level 15 was maximum refine level before naROSE closed down. I think that was way too many levels and each level didn't feel like they made any difference compared to the levels between. Can the maximum level be lowered, and make each level feel more like an accomplishment?

• Gnasty changed the title to Item refine level adjustments
6 minutes ago, Gnasty said:

Glow color

I don't exactly remember the order or glowing level each refine level had. But I do remember that when max level was 9, it had an awesome gold-glowing effect which was completely butchered when level 15 was introduced and afaik level 15 didn't glow as much as 9 did. Also it wasn't even gold. It was some blue-ish color I think?

What are your thoughts on this? Can it be better implemented this time so the level reflects their actual tier?

Max level

Level 15 was maximum refine level before naROSE closed down. I think that was way too many levels and each level didn't feel like they made any difference compared to the levels between. Can the maximum level be lowered, and make each level feel more like an accomplishment?

I'm in agreement with you in stating that +15 is too much refining. I'd also like to keep it at (9), if possible. 

In terms of making it more of an accomplishment, I'd like to see them remove refining from the NPCs. If not remove, then drastically lower the success %. This way more focus can be placed on the Artisan class to make them a little more relevant in the game. Same with removing a gem from an item.

6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I'm in agreement with you in stating that +15 is too much refining. I'd also like to keep it at (9), if possible. 

In terms of making it more of an accomplishment, I'd like to see them remove refining from the NPCs. If not remove, then drastically lower the success %. This way more focus can be placed on the Artisan class to make them a little more relevant in the game. Same with removing a gem from an item.

Yes, I like the Artisan implementation to the system. Like, give low level players a chance to upgrade their items to the lower tier of refine levels just to get a glimpse of what refinement means in practice. And when you wanna push for higher tiers, an Artisan would be needed.

Going max level on NPCs might still be a possibility, but the success rate should be extremely difficult and expensive.

I also remembered back then when 9s were extremely hard to obtain because there were no pluto runes or anything any other dumb items like them. The item had a 1% chance of success and if failing it broke and vanished. The envy and fascination of seeing someone with a 9 was really cool back then. Good times!

Edited by Gnasty

35 minutes ago, Gnasty said:

Yes, I like the Artisan implementation to the system. Like, give low level players a chance to upgrade their items to the lower tier of refine levels just to get a glimpse of what refinement means in practice. And when you wanna push for higher tiers, an Artisan would be needed.

Going max level on NPCs might still be a possibility, but the success rate should be extremely difficult and expensive.

I also remembered back then when 9s were extremely hard to obtain because there were no pluto runes or anything any other dumb items like them. The item had a 1% chance of success and if failing it broke and vanished. The envy and fascination of seeing someone with a 9 was really cool back then. Good times!

Yeah, those runes that will boost the % rate or save the item from being broken was a bit too much for the game. Damn near everything ended up being +15 which gave no joy to anyone. I think the dev team had stated they wanted to get rid of the talisman's, bindrunes, etc. I'm so happy that's where they're leaning. 

im also for the +9 max refine and +7 max gems. even though i think 7 Gems were still too powerfull.

also, i dont like the chance for it to break your item on refinement. you are already loosing alot of refinement materials so loosing your piece of gear just feels like an extra kick in the nutters.

13 minutes ago, Nephenthos said:

also, i dont like the chance for it to break your item on refinement. you are already loosing alot of refinement materials so loosing your piece of gear just feels like an extra kick in the nutters.

I agree. Losing materials or grade (or two) of refinement level is quite enough punishment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nephenthos said:

im also for the +9 max refine and +7 max gems. even though i think 7 Gems were still too powerfull.

1 hour ago, Cigojnar said:

I agree. Losing materials or grade (or two) of refinement level is quite enough punishment. 

Not only was that a little extra of a zulie sink, but it actually gave you the satisfaction of having +7 gems and +9 gear. That’s what OP is talking about. I’d rather them reintroduce these punishments because it makes high level anything rare.. not something one could buy like candy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trebor said:

Didn't NA get up to a +20?   

I did like it when +9 for refining and gems to a max of +7

That's probably true if you say so. I stopped playing naROSE when they expelled us EU players and at that point max was +15.

1 hour ago, Cigojnar said:

Yes, breaking shouldn't be a thing. Degrading and zuly sink is enough punishment as long as the upgrade required an extreme luck in RNG and cost of zuly (I'm thinking when going for max level).

Edited by Gnasty

6 minutes ago, Gnasty said:

That's probably true if you say so. I stopped playing naROSE when they expelled us EU players and at that point max was +15.

I never understood why Gravity didn't even bother to try to follow the GDPR regulations and instead dropped everyone in the EU.

It made no sense at all and could not be that hard to follow those requirements.

1 minute ago, Trebor said:

I never understood why Gravity didn't even bother to try to follow the GDPR regulations and instead dropped everyone in the EU.

It made no sense at all and could not be that hard to follow those requirements.

Yeah, dark times. The very least they could've done was to halt our ability to play until they had a fix for it. Oh well...

30 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Because Gravity was not European and why to bother trying to learn/comply with non-local regulations and open yourself up to extra liabilities

I have seen other companies doing similar, losing part of users (and income) and have no risk is "better/safer" than risking with getting into headaches (and expenses) 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, rayun said:

Because Gravity was not European and why to bother trying to learn/comply with non-local regulations and open yourself up to extra liabilities

I have seen other companies doing similar, losing part of users (and income) and have no risk is "better/safer" than risking with getting into headaches (and expenses) 🤷‍♂️

A substantial part of their user base was European, I'd guess they probably crunched the numbers and thought it wasn't a good decision from a financial standpoint. But that just seems weird to me since making your product GDPR compliant isn't a huge issue. If anything it helps with transparency to your users. In my personal opinion having partial control / knowledge over your user data is a good thing. 

I feel like the threat of huge fines scared a lot of companies and influenced their choice in the matter, warpportal must've been one of them. Dropping the European players was a good start to killing the game, who knows if they predicted this and just decided to refrain from even trying is a question that remains. 

• Like 1

I completely agree on this, it should be kept at (9).
The fact that NaRose went all the way to 20 just show how desperate they were for money and were absolutely clueless when it comes to balancing a game.
Overall i believe the refine system should be very straightforward and understandable by everyone, even the materials needed should be instinctive ( a combination of 2 mats is perfectly fine not 4-6 like some versions of the game...)

This being said, maybe the game could introduce refine 10 only for Artisans, this would be quite a cool bonus, nothing overpowered but a neat trick.

2 minutes ago, Shid0x said:

The fact that NaRose went all the way to 20 just show how desperate they were for money and were absolutely clueless when it comes to balancing a game.
Overall i believe the refine system should be very straightforward and understandable by everyone, even the materials needed should be instinctive ( a combination of 2 mats is perfectly fine not 4-6 like some versions of the game...)

This being said, maybe the game could introduce refine 10 only for Artisans, this would be quite a cool bonus, nothing overpowered but a neat trick.

That's actually a great idea for Artisans.. I can get behind that. 

3 minutes ago, Shid0x said:

I personally don't like this, this way every end-game player is forced to make an artisan. I hope they can revive artisans with enough crafting gear diversity. Instead of better refining for artisans. 

2 minutes ago, Whoop said:

I personally don't like this, this way every end-game player is forced to make an artisan. I hope they can revive artisans with enough crafting gear diversity. Instead of better refining for artisans. 

Sure it'll make people consider making an artisan, but in the beginning/middle this won't be the case. We need a way to make Artisans relevant again. 

4 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Sure it'll make people consider making an artisan, but in the beginning/middle this won't be the case. We need a way to make Artisans relevant again. 

I'm afraid that everyone having an artisan will hurt the economy, or rather just a part of it will be missing.

Edited by Whoop

9 minutes ago, Whoop said:

I'm not sure one level of refine would make that much of a difference.
But anyways that was just an idea thrown around, my main belief is about the mats and the limit to 9.

7 minutes ago, Whoop said:

I'm afraid that everyone having an artisan will hurt the economy, or rather just a part of it will be missing.

What do you think is going to happen once people reach max level? Lol. Everyone will eventually make an Artisan, and if not, they will know an Artisan that can do what they need them to do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Avatar said:

What do you think is going to happen once people reach max level? Lol. Everyone will eventually make an Artisan, and if not, they will know an Artisan that can do what they need them to do. 

I guess that's true for everyone going for endgame content anyway.