No instances before max level

Roubaix

While some want the exact opposite of this I think it would be better to focus on keeping players in the shared game world while they are still leveling. Also, consider the average active pool of players available for when dungeon/raid size is decided. It shouldn't take half an hour or more to gather enough people to do an instance that takes about as much to complete. Active guilds with hardcore players won't be the ones having those difficulties and shouldn't be the measuring stick for it. Maybe keep the group minimum as low as possible with the option to scale the difficulty and reward up to some max amount for each additional member.

I do like the idea of being able to scale the difficulty in lieu of better/worse rewards. I don’t know if the team is going to allow premium account holders infinite instance points or abandon that plan and have it the same across the board where you’re allowed 2 to 3 instances per day or something (I forget). 

The reason I don’t mind dungeons is because it breaks the monotony or same repetitive motion of leveling up. It’s a good break for some and demonstrates the need or want of getting honor/valor equipment, especially for endgame content. It also shows people what to look forward to at such time. This may invigorate players to continue leveling to play different instances. 

What I would also hope or like to see happen are even more dungeons that have like 2 or 3 groups where everyone is helping each other to take down some supreme elite bosses. That’d be cool. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1

UH no. I do think having dungeons on lower levels as well is good for the variation during leveling/grinding. Think in possibilities, not in restrictions. If you don't want dungeons during leveling up, you don't have to do them. It's your choice. For me, i like switching scenery for now and then when i am leveling/grinding so I don't get bored.

But it would be a good idea if all dungeons have a max level version as well.

Edited by Zeror

I think removing (or not adding/having) low level dungeons would be more detrimental than anything. I personally feel that dungeons should a) be spread across the planets generally even, some in all areas of level range and b) they should be instanced & scale with level in terms of difficulty and rewards.

With proper rewards and balancing there can therefor be a natural dispersion of players of all levels across all or at least many maps. It would benefit everyone at the end of the day, and like previously mentioned by Avatar and Zeror it would break the repetition of constantly doing the same thing to level.

Edited by Wondertje
  • Like 1

At peak times I'm all for having more dungeons. I'm only worried it will end up diluting and frustrating players once the numbers subside. All content the game has should be available at any time given the game is international, both at its highs and lows. I want people to be able to jump in at any time and not be gated out because a zone is overcrowded or a dungeon is empty with groups forming and reforming, but never entering. If we have some instances for release to get away from overcrowding I'd be happy. A smoother experience is always welcome. Maybe just make a clan field island groups can port to if the world is too full.

Release is exempt, but I hope future fluctuations will be handled well before and not after it causes headaches.

Not ALL dungeons have to be open all the time. Not all dungeons have to be the same sort, either. There could be such a thing as a secret / temporary dungeon procedurally generated semi-spontaneously, depending on certain factors, server traffic among them.  I reckon the dev team can think outside the box on this with our help.

• Confused 1

I think dungeons should not be the most efficient places to go for leveling. There is no competition for mobs in there (unlike on the outside), so the XP needs to be much worse. Ideally, you would be incentivised to visit a leveling dungeon once for some quest(s) and maybe some nice loot.

• Like 1