Zone Quest NPC

Fezzy

I think every zone should have a quest NPC which gives out quests for that zone f.examle kill 20 jelly beans or kill 20 krawfys and return for rewards . The rewards should be "zone tokens" which the same NPC can exchange for leveling items like gear and potions etc to prepare yourself for the nest zone. This way you have "something to work towards" which make the game feel more fun. A big reason why Rose Online sucks is because you dont really feel you are working towards something while playing. You are just endless killing monsters and thats not fun.

I do think there are already quests and npcs like this in the zones, just without the tokens but with gear as quest rewards.

Only difference to your idea is that you have to figure this out, and with the token and item shop/token redeem it will be known faster or be standard system. 

I think the current system could work fine if people share info quickly after EA.

13 hours ago, Fezzy said:

A big reason why Rose Online sucks is because you dont really feel you are working towards something while playing. You are just endless killing monsters and thats not fun.

I won't say it sucks, but something more to do would actually be a good thing. More quests, that are not in the Episode Questline, are always good to have.

Example:

1. Quest: Kill 12 Moldies to find a clue why they are digging.
  2. Follow up Quest: Moldies don't tell a thing. Maybe try to kill a Moldie Captain instead.
  3. Reward: Random piece of Soldier gear of level 30-40ish. Oh, and are you no soldier? Too bad. Just sell the thing for zulie.
  • Like 2

This sounds basically like local area quest boards to me, but with NPCs. Short/Repeatable/Daily/Local quests are always neat and could bring diversity to an otherwise repetitive task. But I don't think it has to be as rigid as one NPC per area preparing you for the next area, etc. We can simply place quest boards in relevant areas, such as Zant, Junon, <insert more places here>. A lot of other servers already do this, it's not new or novel - but it works for the most part.

1 hour ago, Wondertje said:

This sounds basically like local area quest boards to me, but with NPCs. Short/Repeatable/Daily/Local quests are always neat and could bring diversity to an otherwise repetitive task. But I don't think it has to be as rigid as one NPC per area preparing you for the next area, etc. We can simply place quest boards in relevant areas, such as Zant, Junon, <insert more places here>. A lot of other servers already do this, it's not new or novel - but it works for the most part.

Each zone already has one or more NPC's. They could be the questgivers. And some zones one or two questgivers can be added. ROSE doesn't have to be like WoW, which has over 24.000 quests in the game, but a few more cannot hurt. Multiple quests might even involve killing the same kind of mobs. Like one guy wants you to get 20 grunter heads and the other wants a flawless grunter axe, which should be a rare drop. Tons of possibilities.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:02 AM, Zeror said:

1. Reward: Random piece of Soldier gear of level 30-40ish. Oh, and are you no soldier? Too bad. Just sell the thing for zulie.

They could actually base the reward off your class/job these days, it’s already part of the game in Zants quests. 

3 hours ago, Zurn said:

They could actually base the reward off your class/job these days, it’s already part of the game in Zants quests. 

Not every reward has to be something you can use. It would be nice though, but it really doesn't have to. If you have some different quests with different kind of rewards, then you can choose which you wanna do and which not. Or just do 'm all and sell the rewards you don't need. It gives players choice and that's a good thing.

More quests is always nice. 
Not sure if they’re already in the game or not but quests that ease players into the how to of certain mechanics would be great.
For example refining could have an introduction to refining quest say in Breezy Hills and you need to kill 10 Pomics for refinement materials and 10 Beatles for chemicals then the NPC quest giver rewards you with a piece of equipment and shows you how to refine it. 

The areas where leveling takes a bit longer in the 50’s could have more location themed quests to ease the experience gains. Also have some fun zone storyline mini quests similar to what Zeror mentioned above with the Moldie hunting. 

I don't think quests inherently make a game's progress feel more meaningful, but I like the idea of zones having simple hunting quests that might encourage groups to not stay in the same optimal grind spot and instead explore more of the zone. Some maps have too many dead, "useless" spots. For the RPG world to feel alive that shouldn't be tolerated.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:07 PM, Roubaix said:

I don't think quests inherently make a game's progress feel more meaningful, but I like the idea of zones having simple hunting quests that might encourage groups to not stay in the same optimal grind spot and instead explore more of the zone. Some maps have too many dead, "useless" spots. For the RPG world to feel alive that shouldn't be tolerated.

Yes this, but without forcing the players visiting all corners of a map. The quests has to make sense as well.