New and recurring ingame event: Invasion of Hebarn

Zeror

I have this idea for a new and recurring event in the game where Hebarn invades randomly certain zones with a lot of enemies (like the Space-time distortions in Pokémon Legends: Arceus). All mobs are scaled to your level, so everyone can join in the fight, and are a mix of random 2-3 different monster families. Kings and Captains spawns more often then usual during this event. The area used is only a part of a zone and has a size similar like the center square in Junon Polis. The event occurs randomly in any zone (except adv. plains and city zones) regardless of planet 1-3 times a day and lasts for 1 hour.

Each kill rewards the player with a special token called Hebarn's Fragment. Each planet gives another color of the special token to give extra variation to the system. Killing enough Kings within a certain amount of time spawns the Descendant of Hebarn. This guy is much harder then King grade mobs though.

• Junon: Hebarn's Red Fragment
  • Luna: Hebarn's Blue Fragment
  • Eldeon: Hebarn's Green Fragment
  • Oro: Hebarn's Orange Fragment
  • And if these planets are ever added:
    • Karkia: Hebarn's Purple Fragment
    • Skaaj: Hebarn's White Fragment
    • Hebarn: Hebarn's Black Fragment
  • All Planets have also a chance of dropping:
    • Captains: Small chance of Hebarn's Silver Fragment
    • Kings: Slightly bigger chance on Hebarn's Silver Fragment or Hebarn's Gold Fragment
    • Descendant of Hebarn: Garantueed 1x Hebarn's Gold Fragment, 1x Hebarn's Silver Fragment and 3x random colored fragments

These Hebarn's Fragments is a new currency for a new vendor, who is a mysterious figure from Hebarn himself. His name is ???? (yes, his name is unknown). You must find him each day, because his location changes each day (hint: He spawn somewhere in one of the zones where the day before an invasion has taken place).

So what's he selling then?
He sells recolors of existing armor (from beginners armor to high-end armor) mostly in the colors black, red or purple (colors of Hebarn). These armor comes with a item appraisal on it which still needs to be appraised and require no minimum level. For some items you need only one kind of fragment to buy, for other items you might multiple kind of fragments. He sells also special items like wings/backpacks, weapons, jewelry, cart-parts or CG parts which require the silver and gold fragments.
There is a big but with this vendor though, cause he sells only 8 random different armor pieces and 2 random special items in his store. This makes his items truly unique and ultra-rare to get. Also all items bought at this vendor cannot be traded to other players. So it might take a while before you get a complete armor set.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 6

Honestly, this sounds like a great little mini-game/recurring event thing, I'm all for it! Having events that are regular, level-scaled and gives some kind of in-game rewards for collected currency (in this case fragments) are yet another great sign if horizontal gaming which I mentioned in my other post, super important for any game. And what you're suggesting seems good in-universe as well, makes sense, etc. I upvote!

EDIT: I also see achievements/completionist tasks connected to this. Super easy to add and fun!

EDIT 2: And scaling to level also means that it won't be a mini-game that dies after two weeks because no high-levels wants to do it. It'll keep going until the last person never wants to see it again, and it's self-contained.

Edited by Wondertje
  • Like 1

Heck yes! I love how elaborate this is.. it’s really good stuff. 

The creatures that are created for these invasions should be the same creatures we see when Hebarn or even Karkia comes out. It would be cool to visit their planet and fight them on their home turf. I hope this invigorates them to continue on with planet developments. 

10 hours ago, Avatar said:

Heck yes! I love how elaborate this is.. it’s really good stuff. 

The creatures that are created for these invasions should be the same creatures we see when Hebarn or even Karkia comes out. It would be cool to visit their planet and fight them on their home turf. I hope this invigorates them to continue on with planet developments. 

Maybe it's a cool idea to add another rank above King which stand for a direct descendant of Hebarn himself. Killing enough Kings within a certain amount of time makes this mob spawn during the event. Getting this guy to spawn should be a true challenge and not easy at all. He always drops 1x Hebarn's Gold Fragment, 1x Hebarn's Silver Fragment and 3x random colored fragments.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1