Clan Name Reservations

Trebor

5 hours ago, Trebor said:

Since Character name reservations will be allowed, how about Clan Name reservations as well?

Just a thought!

How do you reserve your name ? I was thinking what would stop someone from using some else’s name and impersonating them. Or names with too much similarity 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So... is there a way to reserve the clan name?  I can send images with all of us and get personal verification regarding the clan name. A lot of character's names were taken early on in the reserve your name today and those that had the names can no longer get them.  I don't want that to happen to the clans as well. Since there are a number of clans that were really well known, whoever is in game first can just take a bunch of clan names, which is not good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bendersmom said:

So... is there a way to reserve the clan name?  I can send images with all of us and get personal verification regarding the clan name. A lot of character's names were taken early on in the reserve your name today and those that had the names can no longer get them.  I don't want that to happen to the clans as well. Since there are a number of clans that were really well known, whoever is in game first can just take a bunch of clan names, which is not good.

I hope they take this suggestion to heart.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, Loerslang said:

I think clan name reservation is a very good idea since it involves the groups of people from the old days! But i don't think character name reservations are a good idea. For me that goes too far.

And here i am, 3 months later... Spend money on name reservation and still loving the idea of clan name reservation xD Oh how things change over time xD

Sorry folks, unfortunately the team has decided not to implement clan reservations at this time. While we respect that our players want to re-create their previous clans, we feel that it's too complex to avoid controversy regarding clan ownership. For example, if you were clan owner in 2015 but not 2019 do you have the right reserve the clan name? What if you were just a member and not the master? What should happen if a rival clan reserves their enemy's clan name out of spite?

We recognize that these scenarios could still happen even without clan reservation (e.g. someone can simply create the clan in game first) there are at least some barriers to doing this on a mass level compared to making an online payment (create char, level it to 30, earn 1 million zuly, etc.)

I know it's not the answer you wanted but I hope that our community will avoid any conflicts on the clan front or resolve it among themselves.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lazypenguin said:

Sorry folks, unfortunately the team has decided not to implement clan reservations at this time. While we respect that our players want to re-create their previous clans, we feel that it's too complex to avoid controversy regarding clan ownership. For example, if you were clan owner in 2015 but not 2019 do you have the right reserve the clan name? What if you were just a member and not the master? What should happen if a rival clan reserves their enemy's clan name out of spite?

We recognize that these scenarios could still happen even without clan reservation (e.g. someone can simply create the clan in game first) there are at least some barriers to doing this on a mass level compared to making an online payment (create char, level it to 30, earn 1 million zuly, etc.)

I know it's not the answer you wanted but I hope that our community will avoid any conflicts on the clan front or resolve it among themselves.

Thanks for your understanding.

Makes sense Lazy, thank you for the update.

• Like 1