Ha1fisch

Should there be a housing system?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a housing system?

• Yes, for both
    • Yes, for Clan house
    • Yes, for private housing
    • No

Like my title said I think a clan house or private housing would be a good money/cp sink and can add some more features to motivate people.

As a clan house you could get a TP skill/scroll to a existing map, like the treehouse or the ball room. That way the maps get more love and variety.

AFK'in in any house is both con and pro, depending on which point of view you're looking.

Pro Clan house:

--> CP can be used in more than just one way. Also permament

--> Scrolls could be bought in towns

--> Buying new NPC's with Zuly and/or CP to give the house a more "living" feeling. Also gives the Members a possibility to get special NPC's or a Clan Warehouse. The NPC's shouldn't be too strong with Items but at least give Junon-grade ones.

--> A place for Clan meetings, relaxing and trading faster

--> New furniture for Dealer/Artisans to craft

Con Clan House:

--> Need to be implemented

--> It makes solo players a bit more pressured (but honestly, it's an MMORPG not an RPG)

--> If unbalanced it could be a too strong existence

Pro Private housing:

--> Money, Union Points, and maybe Achievement Points could be used

--> New furniture

--> flexing without castle gear

--> sense of accomplishment

--> could add a title "house owner"

--> can be used for test dummies (dps test), upgrade tables, and an identifier

Con Private housing:

--> it's expensive

--> I dunno

Maybe even give rights to a clan alliance for visiting your clan house (via invitation) or friends to visit your private house.

They also can be linked together for other mechanics like a marrying system, cooking system, fishing system and more.

With Test Dummies showing the DPS of all players in a Party the Member could give suggestions how to get stronger

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ha1fisch said:

Like my title said I think a clan house or private housing would be a good money/cp sink and can add some more features to motivate people.

As a clan house you could get a TP skill/scroll to a existing map, like the treehouse or the ball room. That way the maps get more love and variety.

Pro Clan house:

--> CP can be used in more than just one way. Also permament

--> Scrolls could be bought in towns

--> Buying new NPC's with Zuly and/or CP to give the house a more "living" feeling. Also gives the Members a possibility to get special NPC's or a Clan Warehouse. The NPC's shouldn't be too strong with Items but at least give Junon-grade ones.

--> A place for Clan meetings, relaxing and trading faster

--> New furniture for Dealer/Artisans to craft

Con Clan House:

--> It makes solo players a bit more pressured (but honestly, it's an MMORPG not an RPG)

--> If unbalanced it could be a too strong existence

Pro Private housing:

--> Money, Union Points, and maybe Achievement Points could be used

--> New furniture

--> flexing without castle gear

--> sense of accomplishment

--> could add a title "house owner"

--> can be used for test dummies (dps test), upgrade tables, and an identifier

Con Private housing:

--> it's expensive

--> I dunno

Maybe even give rights to a clan alliance for visiting your clan house (via invitation) or friends to visit your private house.

They also can be linked together for other mechanics like a marrying system, cooking system, fishing system and more.

With Test Dummies showing the DPS of all players in a Party the Member could give suggestions how to get stronger

Yes!! I totally agree with this! 

I put this in Discord before, but both concepts implements housing and makes it more difficult to get Castle Gear

Implementing debt to the game! Like, I want to be able to get a credit card or a loan from the Ferrel Guild Bank to purchase a house.. in a new map called Rose Village. 90% of any zulie collected goes to paying off the debt. Paying off your debt allows you to raise your Rose Credit Score.. and once you have high enough credit, you can get yourself in more debt by purchasing Castle Gear. And this will be the only way to get Castle Gear. 
Of course, if you stop paying off your debt by being logged off for 30+ days, your house/castle gear goes into foreclosure/repossessed. Then you’ll have to make a bankruptcy provision. Your score will drop so much, you’ll start from 0 again.

... eh? Eh? EH?! 😎

• Like 1

I absolutely love the idea of a Clan house. Adding things like furniture for artisans to craft can drive popularity to the overall class and help with Zulie sinks. Personally big Zulie sinks like this wont be needed to look at until later down the line. At least until the DEV team has finished working on maps, mobs, and new content, etc. This gives room for suggestions. development, and testing of the Clan house.

Also, I don't believe personal houses should be a thing. Reason for this being users may strictly lay on being afk inside of their personal homes, especially classes like artisans. Driving users away from the community and in self-isolation in-game. Just imagine you're semi afk on Rose Online and you're hanging out in Junon, but not really doing much. Along comes your friend you haven't seen in years and you guys connect for hours. Users in their personal houses would miss out on that basic community involvement/experience.

Just my thoughts but please let me know how you all feel.

~Cupid❤️👼

10 hours ago, Cupid said:

Just imagine you're semi afk on Rose Online and you're hanging out in Junon, but not really doing much. Along comes your friend you haven't seen in years and you guys connect for hours.

I have never once even considered this.. I love where your head is at! 

I will mention that not everyone has a great computer.. so maybe people choose to be in less crowded areas to avoid lag. 

It has to be noted that the Ballroom is already a implemented map for rose but never got used. This could be a potential candidate for them. Same for the tree house, which is a complete map but only used for the loading screen. Some Event maps could get used too. All in all there are some maps which will never see the daylight (again) and this could be a salvation for these maps and their music tracks, which would just get deleted instead of recycled!

12 hours ago, Zurn said:

Ballroom event used the Ballroom map, but it was only for a small portion of time every year. They could copy it though instead of making new maps from scratch

Isn't the old clan house maps a 2 story version of the ballroom map, or is it the other way around?

Seems to me, they also have or had a NPC in it that allowed for storage, refining and repair?    I could be wrong?

There were npcs in them but I don't recall them having anything besides exchange dialog and leave map options. 

Not sure what private or Japanese servers had but na I don't believe had maps dedicated for this, it wasn't something available

35 minutes ago, Zurn said:

There were npcs in them but I don't recall them having anything besides exchange dialog and leave map options. 

Not sure what private or Japanese servers had but na I don't believe had maps dedicated for this, it wasn't something available

I don't know if NA used them or not now.   There were at least clan houses available, maybe it was with irose or pre-evo....maybe not at all. 

The old memory is not as good as it use to be   LOL

The pserver I played on when I first found the game many years ago had a clan house that you could buy for your clan.  It might have been something you got for a month and had to renew but it's been ages  and the details are kind of fuzzy now. 

You entered your clan house via an option when you talked to Burtland.  It was indeed the Ballroom map and you had to talk to an NPC to leave or use a Junon scroll but that NPC also sold crafting materials so often artisans would go there to mass craft because there was less lag. Possibly there might have also been access to your own storage.

Anyway it was a nice feature but if we will still be having the Ballroom Event, a different map would have to be used for a clan house.

I have a player house in FFXIV, I don't hang out there because it's not where everyone else is. I go there for specific reasons, then go back to my hang out spots where my friends are. 
In wild star the same was true, most people had hang out spots, and only used their islands for specific things or to flex, but AFK'd in the capitols. 

I do know some people who like to get away with their instanced houses, to be alone for a bit and escape. I think they deserve that option. Besides, Clans would do the same if the logic was true. And the only difference I see is, either someone is hanging out alone, or they're hanging out in their click. Both would be susceptible to "isolating" behavior. 

As for the idea itself, eh. I like player housing, but I don't see it happening in ROSE full stop. Not going to get my hopes up for something that is most likely not happening, and I'd be truly shocked if it did. Genuinely. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:54 PM, OwlchemistVile said:

I have a player house in FFXIV, I don't hang out there because it's not where everyone else is. I go there for specific reasons, then go back to my hang out spots where my friends are. 
In wild star the same was true, most people had hang out spots, and only used their islands for specific things or to flex, but AFK'd in the capitols. 

I do know some people who like to get away with their instanced houses, to be alone for a bit and escape. I think they deserve that option. Besides, Clans would do the same if the logic was true. And the only difference I see is, either someone is hanging out alone, or they're hanging out in their click. Both would be susceptible to "isolating" behavior. 

As for the idea itself, eh. I like player housing, but I don't see it happening in ROSE full stop. Not going to get my hopes up for something that is most likely not happening, and I'd be truly shocked if it did. Genuinely. 

If we implement housing, i think the houses should be added to towns. Just like how New World does it. I think that system works pretty good and makes more sense.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Flowan said:

If we implement housing, i think the houses should be added to towns. Just like how New World does it. I think that system works pretty good and makes more sense.

You could start with a simple map design just to implement it first and see how the everyone react to it and then "upgrade" it when there is time for it.

• Like 1

Player and Clan housing would be awsome. I think my main reason for it would be to support the crafting abilities of an Artisan. Gives them another unique ability to prove themselves in the game and keep them busy 😉 or you could even have it so all classes brought something unique to it, Dealers = woodwork, Muse = Fabrics, Hawker = Leathers, Solider = Toys! You could introduce furniture and collectables to place in housing throughout the different worlds to farm, and thye could be unique peices that represent that place. You could also introduce peices into Item Mall seen as its cosmetic and would support funding of the game.

but yeah... all for player and clan housing:SkillSit: 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 12:53 AM, Flowan said:

In the City of Junon Polis, there is that vacant island that could be used for housing?

If memory serves me correctly, I believe one pserver made a big arena for pvp, you entered through the clan field doors....something like that.   Its been too long ago.

• 7 months later...

I also like the idea of having a Clan House and the ideas that are posted here. Got one concern though. If there are things that can be unlocked and if there are things to decorate your Clan House. Who gets the fun to do it? Is it only the Clan Master? Or Master and Deputy's? Or can everyone do something with it. A Clan house should be for the whole clan and so does it's features.