Regarding Changes to Storage

HoneyBuns

Do you have any plans to rework the storage?
We want it to not be limited by slots and pages. There will be unlimited slots on one page, limited by weight (similar to the player inventory).

That's from the FAQ and it was also mentioned in the livestreams. I have one concern, which I did bring up at that time but I wanted to also mention it here.  Artisans (and bourgs) need to gather and keep many, many items.  Stacks of drops are quite heavy and arti's need a lot of stacks of a lot of things in order to be able to craft or reinforce.  Basing storage on weight is going to be a big problem for artisans.  

I'm not sure what the answer is.  Maybe excluding materials and just basing it on the weight of equipment and weapons would be one possible solution.  Removing weight from drops needed in crafting is another, tho that would be a lot of work and also defeat the purpose of expanding the inventory with backpacks as was also stated in the FAQ.

Personally I liked having pages in storage. My artisan had a page with wood mats, one for metal mats etc and it was easy to quickly grab the mats I needed. I also loved having unlimited Item Mall storage for my thousands of costumes :P.  But change is a part of life and I'm sure this change will be fine.  We just need to find some way to make sure that dealers are not penalized for choosing that job.

• Like 3

That is an interesting problem I hadn't considered.. I never sold any ETC on my bourg/artisan class for the purpose of being able to craft/reinforce. I remember how much of a tremendous help you were in providing us with reinforced gear to help with our leveling. I will always be appreciative of that! It does require a lot of mats and yeah, we had the same system of storing our stuff in storage. 🙂

If the pages will remain, just keep them unlimited so we never run out. Having different tabs would be awesome, too. One designated for EQ and one for everything else. I hope we get an answer rather soon! 

• Like 1

I didn't hear about this proposition, being storage based on weight.

My response is, don't fix what isn't broke gentlemen. That sounds like a change for changes sake, and create just as many, if not potential more headaches than you'd be looking to solve. If anything, just increase the stack size of consumables and materials to 9,999, to save on storage slots. That'd help keep the database from bloating in terms of cell counts. In terms of equipment storage, welp you wanted horizontal progression, and that requires a lot of equipment and thus storage so. It's the poison you chose. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MagicianTrent said:

I actually liked the migrations in storage in NA. I had most everything organized by mat type or equipments, etc.  Only thing was you had to buy expansion pages 😕  Hopefully it doesn't get changed to much or force how you store stuff.

screen545.jpg

I agree. I always had my storages pretty organized and I did like the storage system in NA.  It would be nice if we could still have pages so we can do that and ofc, more pages would be great.  Honestly I can't even imagine how an artisan storage would be weight-wise since stacks of mats weigh a ton

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rayun said:

Maybe would be nice if you could RENAME tabs in storage or search items.

When you have storage full of trash its so easy to miss what you looking for.

Also having name such as "muse items" or "gems" or whatever would be nice.

image.png.b2a5cbe86bfa0c443e0ee8c18a9a8d38.png

It would be great to be able to name the pages in storage (if we still have pages that is) and also a search function could be very useful.  I guess we have to wait and see what changes are made to storage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

It would be great to be able to name the pages in storage (if we still have pages that is) and also a search function could be very useful.  I guess we have to wait and see what changes are made to storage.

I also organized my storage as well, having a search and naming would be great too.

I would like to see the Account ones expanded, for example if you have several artisan's on one account, they can access all the mats you store on the artisan.   In NA, I bought the expanded character pages as that was the cheaper option.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Late addition, but I agree with above. I just joined the forum and read the FAQ, this greatly stood out. The storage weren't very broken to begin with, and I don't think they need a fix. Maybe some QoL changes, but that's it. My B3 farmer had a massive storage over all different tabs with all kinds of stuff I gathered and saved on that account. Removing tabs, making it endless and adding it based on weight seems like a great way to force people to make multiple accounts for easy storage keeping. To me it doesn't feel like the way you (we) want things to go, but the opposite.