Rested EXP & Lowbies

Vile

So today while I was watching HazDS stream, they brought up experience rates, and the topic included rested EXP.

HazDS mentioned that in the game he was referencing, you could say sit in a shop, and accumulate rested experience bonus, say up to twice the normal rate for an hour. 

This led me to think, how about instead of AFKing in a Shop or Town, you could AFK in maps of a lower level than your character, and THAT would build rested EXP. 
This could potentially increase the frequency that higher level players are available to assist lower levels or new players with questions, or killing a quest boss they're struggling with, or simply giving them directions to where they need to go.

It's a very basic foundation, but it allows for expansion, and could be a way to incorporate helping or being available for new/low level players. 

• Like 10

Heck yes! I’m loving these new ideas that are coming up. I know the team wanted to add higher level mobs to different parts of the lower level maps to get old players to help newer ones, but I think they may have diverted from that. This is a new way to make that happen. 

I like the general idea of it. But it probably needs a more sophisticated system to ensure the desired effect. Having people leave their PC running all day being AFK in a low level zone while they are gone seems pretty wasteful (much like the vending shops) and does not help anyone.

The next issue I see, is that it would only affect leveling players, whose main priority is maxing out their character first and foremost. Unless it is better XP to help newbies, only a very small fraction would do it instead of just actively leveling.

Maybe replacing the "Social Points" with rested XP (for leveling players) in my suggestion from earlier this year could make it work, since it would require active approval of the person being helped. Or at least something similar to that.

On a partially related note I remember HazDS mainly referring to a rested system as a way to help out casual players, who might e.g. only play on the weekend, giving them a one or two level doubled XP rate, accumulated from being offline.

• Like 1

This is indeed a nice idea! But I think we should not give everyone rested XP standing AFK in shops or something else. In World of Warcraft, you only get rested XP when logged off in the inn. The inn is the main location in a city or village. In Rose, this could be the spawning point of a city/village. This way it is a bit harder to get rested XP, and you'll have to actually do something for it. You will have to run to a location and logout there to get the rested XP. Every offline minute it gives you x amount of rested  XP, with a maximum of x lvls. This rested XP gives you 50% XP per monster kill (quests are excluded) in World of Warcraft.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/rested-xp-a-detailed-overview#:~:text=get%20Rested%20XP-,1.%20How%20Does%20Rested%20XP%20Work%20in%20World%20of%20Warcraft,out%20in%20either%20of%20those%20places%20to%20get%20the%20most%20benefit.,-2.%20How

7 hours ago, Luckystriike said:

This is indeed a nice idea! But I think we should not give everyone rested XP standing AFK in shops or something else. In World of Warcraft, you only get rested XP when logged off in the inn. The inn is the main location in a city or village. In Rose, this could be the spawning point of a city/village. This way it is a bit harder to get rested XP, and you'll have to actually do something for it. You will have to run to a location and logout there to get the rested XP. Every offline minute it gives you x amount of rested  XP, with a maximum of x lvls. This rested XP gives you 50% XP per monster kill (quests are excluded) in World of Warcraft.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/rested-xp-a-detailed-overview#:~:text=get%20Rested%20XP-,1.%20How%20Does%20Rested%20XP%20Work%20in%20World%20of%20Warcraft,out%20in%20either%20of%20those%20places%20to%20get%20the%20most%20benefit.,-2.%20How

Correction: you can get rested XP inside any friendly capital city or inside an Inn of an village/settlement. To translate this to ROSE: you could get rested XP while in Zant/Junon Polis/Eucar/etc.. within the city walls only, not outside. Or you can build up rested XP while at a certain respawn locations (those stone man structures, see pic).

1598860_445121918948345_1321297383_o.jpg

Edited by Zeror

21 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

This led me to think, how about instead of AFKing in a Shop or Town, you could AFK in maps of a lower level than your character, and THAT would build rested EXP. 
This could potentially increase the frequency that higher level players are available to assist lower levels or new players with questions, or killing a quest boss they're struggling with, or simply giving them directions to where they need to go.

Fantastic idea, This way the whole playerbase will be spreaded all around the maps for a good reason!

19 hours ago, Rebus said:

Having people leave their PC running all day being AFK in a low level zone while they are gone seems pretty wasteful (much like the vending shops) and does not help anyone.

I agree with this sentiment. I'm assuming no one is proposing that we simply reward high level players for being AFK/Offline. The intention must surely be to increase engagement between high level and low lever players.

16 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

I agree with this sentiment. I'm assuming no one is proposing that we simply reward high level players for being AFK/Offline. The intention must surely be to increase engagement between high level and low lever players.

35 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Just to give a minor correction, I think you should also be given rested EXP while logged off in a lower level map~ I didn't make that clear