Share your fondest ROSE Online memories

Daemon

I'll start off!

Back when this game was popular I still lived with my parents. They only allowed for 1-2 hours of me being behind the pc each day.

I was playing on Ruff at the time and the server queues were always crazy at prime time. I would spend a good portion of my allowed 1-2 hours pc time staring at the login screen, waiting for my login to go through. I didn't really mind though because I loved the music and looking at the details on the login screen was really fun.

One time when my login went through, I jumped up out of excitement, ran to my mom who was on the couch behind me and started cuddling and shaking her like I had just won the lottery. She was so confused but started cheering with me as well, even though she had no idea what the hell was going on.

I will never forget that moment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vonox said:

I'll start off!

Back when this game was popular I still lived with my parents. They only allowed for 1-2 hours of me being behind the pc each day.

I was playing on Ruff at the time and the server queues were always crazy at prime time. I would spend a good portion of my allowed 1-2 hours pc time staring at the login screen, waiting for my login to go through. I didn't really mind though because I loved the music and looking at the details on the login screen was really fun.

One time when my login went through, I jumped up out of excitement, ran to my mom who was on the couch behind me and started cuddling and shaking her like I had just won the lottery. She was so confused but started cheering with me as well, even though she had no idea what the hell was going on.

I will never forget that moment.

Thank you for sharing this cute and funny story! These old memmories are the ones you should never forget!! Did you ever share this memory with your mom later in life? 

Edited by Luckystriike

I got a few, but i'll share the one that i hold the dearest.

When me and my friend were leveling in Marsh of ghost, we kept killing the moss golem for a few levels.

At some point we were level 199 with around 99% exp, and another Moss golem spawned right in front of us. So ofcourse we went ahead and kill it.

The moment we killed him, we went level up. AND it dropped a unique weapon (Crystal wand). It was beautiful 😄screen099.thumb.jpg.a767c42536c9c0971fe03a7c3d565a11.jpg

This screenshot was taken right after we went level up. My friend is holding the Crystal wand.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Luckystriike said:

Thank you for sharing this cute and funny story! These old memmories are the ones you should never forget!! Did you ever share this memory with your mom later in life? 

I actually did a couple of years ago and she knew exactly what I was talking about! Crazy good memory haha.

20 hours ago, Amino said:

When me and my friend were leveling in Marsh of ghost, we kept killing the moss golem for a few levels.

At some point we were level 199 with around 99% exp, and another Moss golem spawned right in front of us. So ofcourse we went ahead and kill it.

The moment we killed him, we went level up. AND it dropped a unique weapon (Crystal wand). It was beautiful 😄screen099.thumb.jpg.a767c42536c9c0971fe03a7c3d565a11.jpg

This screenshot was taken right after we went level up. My friend is holding the Crystal wand.

That's awesome man, thanks for sharing! Also good to see a fellow Dutchie in here 😄

• Like 1

Two of my favourite memories that are only technically connected.

• I got to know a Dutch guy through ROSE who just happened to live in a city in NL where my class was taking a trip, since I was of age (18) I was allowed to do basically what I wanted while the other kids in my class were stuck with the teachers. So this guy and I, and a group of his friends ran around Groningen during koninginnedag 2010 and I had the time of my life. Great parties, great beer and great memories with him and his friend.

• I got to know another Dutch guy, who one day told me that his older brother was moving to Sweden (where I am), close to where I lived. He asked if I wanted to meet up with his brother and welcome him so he'd have someone he knew. Me and that brother ended up dating for two years and I got myself an extended family in NL that I regularly visited.

As someone who loves the Dutch language, I've had the great pleasure of meeting a lot of Dutch people to practise the language with and in some cases date for two years 😅

Edited by Wondertje

5 hours ago, Vonox said:

I actually did a couple of years ago and she knew exactly what I was talking about! Crazy good memory haha.

That's awesome man, thanks for sharing! Also good to see a fellow Dutchie in here 😄

Dutch people are well represented for rose 🙂

Edited by Luckystriike

On 7/19/2022 at 9:52 PM, Amino said:

That's awesome dude! I miss farming in MoG, one of my favourite things to do.

• Like 2

I started playing naROSE back in 2005 when I was in high school, level was maxed at 120 so the highest set people could get was the level 120 sets and worm dragon wings. The game was so crowded that the three channels were always in red "Exceeded" mode, I still remember the first thing I went home from school was spending hours clicking the channels hoping someone will log out/dc so I can get in😆. In game, all cities were crowded so the lag was crazy, it was hard to even try to find where my character is but finding party was never a problem because no matter what parts of the maps you go you will always find players leveling.

It was so fun leveling at where the kings are but I was so upset when too people use aoe skills/scrolls at the same time and the lag crashed my game lol. Rose is the only game that made me stay up till 6 am to keep playing it because night time was most active for my time zone. Of course, I will never forget spending 1 to 2 days to try to complete the 2nd job change quest especially the Krawfy king part, I told my friends to just hit whatever big green things on the screen because if you try to find out if it's a king, it's already too late to get the first hit. It was fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My fondest memory? Sadly it was when I was grinding aqua's on my hawker (second class, dealer main) and after an aqua kill it dropped a gatling gun and my friends were so jelly because back then unique drops were actually extremely rare and not often seen. So by getting the gatling gun I was set apart from everyone else. Ended up banking my item, gave it to my dealer, and used that to level my dealer main much easier well into the 80's. I didn't really get further than that as other games took my focus but yeah. It was a dope experience. 

Main and best memory was iRose after reset.

Having a clan before and mass leveling up from birth island in parties till late at night. 

Just trying to get ahead of the mass and find great places (less crowded) to level.

Near on 20years ago though...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mine would be camping the spawn for Junon grandmaster gem golem whom only spawned at 2 am, for a strange reason I was  able to first hit it with my bourg most of the time and I'd run away while the rest of the players gang on it then I'll get the the loot. Though I was not lucky enough to get the castlegear schematic I remember the adrenaline rush when the golem spawned!

• Like 1

My greatest memory was a combination of experiences from iROSE during my first weeks playing. My best friend at the time convinced me to try it after I'd basically only played games like Runescape and Ultima Online, sandbox-y MMOs.

The first time I logged in on Birth Island and started exploring, I was hooked. I felt so accomplished when I got my first Leopard Ensemble and Bamboo Spear.

I also have fond memories of exploring Luxem Tower Valley and Zant. I have a specific memory of being in Zant at night and looking up in the sky and seeing part of the Pillars of Creation that are in the Eagle Nebula. That was the only time I'd ever looked up in the night sky on a video game and felt small.

I still catch myself looking at the night sky in ROSE and remembering the time I've spent on this game over the years.

• Like 4

Pre-Evo NA Rose has all my fondest memories.  Weddings in Forest of Wisdom were always really fun, clan battles against Genocide always got the adrenaline flowing,  camping various boss spawns to beat zulie farmers to the various loot, grinding for hours in the Forgotten Temple B2, trying to get a pair of GDWB or Dragon Knuckles to +(7), hanging out on the outside of the map in Adventure's Plains, getting more speed on my raider than any of the vehicles, getting to wear the Mask of Lies when there was only one and using it to beat one of the strongest scouts in the game.

And my favorite is when I found out about ally chat in that old clan map.  I reported it to the GM's in the report section of the website.  I was banned a few hours later for "hacking", I literally put a ~ in front of my speech to get ally chat, and was told the ban was permanent.  It took a week of shit posting on the forums to get unbanned and for the GM's to acknowledge the mistake.  That must have had a lasting impact to remember it 16 years later...

Oh and the music!  I still listen to it on youtube from time to time, I just wish someone would remaster it.

• Like 1

Was playing on Ruff on that time, I really can't remember how old I was.. Just remember wakening early to go to school (I was living with my sis) and she used to leave home before me, so i just used to wake up, prepare myself to go to school and when she get out,  ta-da!! There I was,  the whole morning on-line hahaha, farming some vital jams+5 and then beckoming rich, rich, rich seling and buying Jam+5! I barelly uped more than Level 50~70, I was just a low level and pretty rich kid hahaha. I used to to this like 2 days in a week and she never discovered. Thats a fun time and memories.. Now here I am, 30, daddy with a newborn and waiting to get back to the game! 🥰

• Like 2

God I spent so many hours in this game back then, I don't know where to start.

I started playing Rose with my then girlfriend back in... I think late 2007, it was just before narose went free to play. I had only done the trial account and was only able to play for a short while. But, when it became F2P I was on whenever I could. Rose was my first MMO, and brought me closer to games in general. But just hanging out with friends, clanmates, and just exploring were some of the most memorable moments I have in all games.

Hoping some old friends and clanmates also return.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few fondest memories:

• During iROSE and TW ROSE: Selling Vital Jams +5 for a crazy amount of Zulies
  • Fighting at the Aqua spot in El Veroon Desert
  • Finding my first unique at Grunter King
  • Crafting masks at the begin of several ROSE servers and making profits with 7/7, 3/15, +5 int etc.
  • First time going to Luna
  • Getting my first cart

And many more

• Like 1

Memories? when me and my computer shop mates are all barely awake while waiting for the server to Open. We tell each other if some 1 got in or not. While waiting for the server, we already choosing our name and our guild name, We all have the same beginning name. KISSME . The moment 1 of us started loading after clicking the server, we all clicked and most of us logged into the game and choose the same server. After we got in, we already looked around, and we realized that we are the 1st players who able to enter that game. at 1st we were to static and laughing, but eventually when one of us started running to the NPC for the quest, we started getting serious. The funny moment was seeing  a group of half naked dudes with wooden daggers chasing 1 jellybean. Shouting at the top of our lungs when we leveled up from lvl 1 to 2. after almost 16-17 years i can still remember that joy we felt.

When we met with the Girl GM of Rose, on our 1st guild get together party. They brought ROSE merch like shirts and mousepads. The GM took time to join our simple get together with other guild mates from all parts of the country. Its one of the times that playing a game and meeting those people IRL was an opportunity that a few of us now wont be able to get to do now.

Having this bug that i discovered for the hawker skill, where you can run so fast. where your so fast, even the cleric/ mage homing skill cant catch up with you. ( in animation) but when the skill end up hitting you, your already so far from the caster, the character cant hit you or target you anymore. Used it to entertain players on the arena, and to host guild events like racing of carts and such.

Edited by QuickKissMe
  • Thanks 1