increasing the cap on client instances that can be opened

Ed

4 minutes ago, Zeror said:

ROSE is a MMORPG, Massive Multiplayer Online RPG, not a MSORPG, Massive Singleplayer Online RPG.

If you need something, ask other players. Having 5 clients doesn't require you to interact with others. Two clients is the max and that is already more than the game should have in my opinion.

So please. Increase of client cap is totally not needed at all.

Though I respect your opinion, I just wanted to add this as it keeps being brought up. 

MMORPG is defined as “A massively multiplayer online game is an online video game with a large number of players, often hundreds or thousands, on the same server.”

This does not mean that anyone is forced to interact with anyone else. This simply means many people are logged in at the same time. That is it. Though the game mechanics do tend to favor those participating in group activities vs. solo, it is not forcing players to interact with one another. They do not have to if they choose not to. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zeror said:

ROSE is a MMORPG, Massive Multiplayer Online RPG, not a MSORPG, Massive Singleplayer Online RPG.

If you need something, ask other players. Having 5 clients doesn't require you to interact with others. Two clients is the max and that is already more than the game should have in my opinion.

So please. Increase of client cap is totally not needed at all.

A parent that wants to allow their kid to play the game, but restricts them from talking to other people. You're saying the child should be forced to talk to strangers online, and shouldn't have the right to play the game with themselves using multiclienting? 

Edited by GodOfEntity

I feel like if you’re letting the kid play any mmorpg you’re going to get talked to or talk to someone at some point so I don’t see that really being a selling point, as well as the fact that if the kid is playing, let’s say 5 accounts, what advantage does that give over 2? Unless you’re using macros only 1-2 characters are going to be doing anything, like a soldier/mage aoe and a cleric healing the one in between aoes

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zurn said:

I feel like if you’re letting the kid play any mmorpg you’re going to get talked to or talk to someone at some point so I don’t see that really being a selling point, as well as the fact that if the kid is playing, let’s say 5 accounts, what advantage does that give over 2? Unless you’re using macros only 1-2 characters are going to be doing anything, like a soldier/mage aoe and a cleric healing the one in between aoes

Sacri on knight, Healing on cleric, and AOE on another char. 
3 Accounts is very easy to play at once. You do have a point, in reading into that point I can see that after 3 clients it sort of gets out of hand. But 3 clients is extremely functional. If given permission, I could stream how I /can/ run  3 clients without using a macro, and benefit from the use of all three clients.  (Technically I could run even 5, and use the other 2 for simply buffing) 

Edited by GodOfEntity

4 hours ago, GodOfEntity said:

I could stream how I /can/ run  3 clients without using a macro, and benefit from the use of all three clients.  (Technically I could run even 5, and use the other 2 for simply buffing) 

This, you know how to play the game. If a kid started they would have to learn it first, I’m not saying they couldn’t learn to do what you know already but it would take time to figure out what to do without asking anyone for help. 

22 hours ago, Avatar said:

Though I respect your opinion, I just wanted to add this as it keeps being brought up. 

MMORPG is defined as “A massively multiplayer online game is an online video game with a large number of players, often hundreds or thousands, on the same server.”

This does not mean that anyone is forced to interact with anyone else. This simply means many people are logged in at the same time. That is it. Though the game mechanics do tend to favor those participating in group activities vs. solo, it is not forcing players to interact with one another. They do not have to if they choose not to. 

I would not call it forced, but encouraged instead. 😉

I am mostly a Solo Player in all my ROSE Life (2005-ROSE PH, 1 Private Server and NA ROSE) and for me a single client is sufficient enough that is why 2 client is already a bonus for me.

I do not entirely agree also with the reasoning that we "need" 2 client so that we can vend while leveling another character. For me, either you level up or you vend, end of discussion.

But since this is a Free ROSE World, then many wants more than the usual so that's the ROSE World that is going on right now, be it in an official server or other private server, it is just left for the management to decide what to give to the ever growing number of players asking this, asking that, up to the endless dissatisfaction.

That is why I missed the old times when we are so excited to vend anything we pick that we think could be sold, those early days of ROSE we did not think of the wasted time that we are not leveling when we vend and the other way around, EVEN and Come To Think of it that we are paying for Load or Top Up Cards those time since ROSE is not a Free To Play game that time, plus the added cost of renting a computer in a computer shop/cafe since either we don't have our own computer or we don't have a Dial Up Internet connection in our home. But Most if not Everyone is happy and satisfied...

But now that a lot had been added to the game, still a lot of complaints (though maybe valid at times) it seems a lot will not be satisfied at all. They even would come to say this will be the end of the game for all...

but for me, well ROSE is ROSE

Edited by HLAJR

I'd like to see up to three clients at once, but two is fine. I've played this for forever and find leveling one character at once to be too easy and boring. I love the challenge of keeping two of them fighting at once. If people want a party, I will add them. No one can tell I am playing both characters unless I tell them, which I usually do, and then they wonder how I am pulling it off.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

I'd like to see up to three clients at once, but two is fine. I've played this for forever and find leveling one character at once to be too easy and boring. I love the challenge of keeping two of them fighting at once. If people want a party, I will add them. No one can tell I am playing both characters unless I tell them, which I usually do, and then they wonder how I am pulling it off.

Is that why you are DoubleRose? 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/21/2023 at 3:46 PM, Zurn said:

This, you know how to play the game. If a kid started they would have to learn it first, I’m not saying they couldn’t learn to do what you know already but it would take time to figure out what to do without asking anyone for help. 

Kids are pretty intuitive with things.  If I had kids, and they seen me playing, I'm sure they'd learn how to multi-client very quickly. 

I can't understand this need to limit what other people can do though. Why force people to be handicapped on clients, I just don't get it. What's so important to limit players ability to enjoy mutli-clienting? 

image.thumb.png.5213062743e7e1ead60d9c3d26d80618.png

Look how Happy I am there with 11 clients open. I'm on top of the world happy! 

Edited by GodOfEntity
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, GodOfEntity said:

What's so important to limit players ability to enjoy mutli-clienting? 

Personally for me...

First, it is almost a sort of abuse... and why? because there are players who tends to find a way to circumvent the restriction just for them to be able to multi client instead of just respect the rules and play fair.

If the reason to let players multi client because they need it or enjoy it, then why not also let other things that other players need, want and enjoy too like higher EXP Rate, Zulie Drop, Bigger Quest Rewards, Powerful Stat of Item Mall items, etc... The mere fact that restrictions are implemented and rules are set is in order for the game to have some standard and fair gameplay to benefit most of the player base and not just those who want to get an edge because they can overdo some of the things in the game that others cannot or will not.

I do respect and I'm grateful to others happiness with the game but if that part is already conflicting with other too, then I believe that could cause a problem in the future of the game if not outright.

I have reserved 3 Character Names and ask support to set them in each separate account and on top of that, I have created my main account during Early Access opening and also another for my daughter but I am not that eager to use them all at once through multi clienting either to level up or vend, but I am also happy with that already. So I guess we are all in a different level regarding being happy with our own ROSE Adventure here in this official server.

Anyway, if your multi client wish would happen in the near future here, I would be happy for you too.