Pets to pick up loot

LordAlbion

That idea and/or something like a Diablo loot pick up method. Just run over it and auto loots to inventory. Just as a passive option that could be toggled on or off. 

Just thinking about all the places mass of people gather to farm. You would have all the players, npcs, and everyone’s pets all loaded running around could be a lot to look at. 

Edited by Tacticalshot

There was already a similar suggestion, where a potential auto-loot was also discussed in the responses:

And I would argue, that not having to loot increases your farming rate, effectively making the pet a  farming booster. And that very much qualifies as pay to win in my book. So if anything, this feature would have to be available for everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be fine with this, as long as it takes up the slot you would use for battle pets. So you can choose rather you want auto pickup or damage dealing pets. Maybe even pets that can heal you on a timer (not too overpowered but enough to help out).

Having a pet you can purchase in game for Zulie or gain through a quest is NOT pay to win. Pay to win is literally spending real world money on an advantage that players who DONT spend real world money do not have access to. If everyone has access to pets that can pick up items as part of the game itself, its not pay to win. 

Edited by namcost

On 7/7/2022 at 6:34 AM, Rebus said:

There was already a similar suggestion, where a potential auto-loot was also discussed in the responses:

And I would argue, that not having to loot increases your farming rate, effectively making the pet a  farming booster. And that very much qualifies as pay to win in my book. So if anything, this feature would have to be available for everyone.

A farming booster? Every class, with the exceptions of the Cleric, Bourg, Scout and Artisan (ranged jobs) are able to immediately pick up their loot by spamming an F key upon the monsters death and are then able to immediately move onto the next mob.

If anything, this feature would give a leg up on those ranged jobs and they’d be able to attack/loot their items just as fast as their close attack counterparts. 

I’m all for this feature being included for everyone.. hands down! It’s just not going to benefit every class like you think it will. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sui said:

I like this suggestion a lot and to avoid making it p2w I think everyone should get one from a quest or at a certain level, and then the IM only sells nice skins for your pets.

Even if it does only come from IM it would not be p2w, maybe slightly pushing it. But as soon as you're in a party with loot sharing it doesn't matter anymore. But yeah IM skins would be great 🙂

On 9/5/2022 at 2:07 PM, Zeror said:

What about having a option for Area Looting. So when you loot something any loot (that's yours to loot) that lies within a certain range will also be automatically picked up.

Would be neat in a form of a back item that acts like a loot vacuum. Sucks up all your drops into your inventory within range. The Worm Dragon Item Sucker 3000, in the shape of a worm dragon’s head with mouth open. Craftable by artisans, or rewarded from quest with additional quests for increased range and vacuum power. 

or to keep on original topic of pets it could be a pet Flanae that chills on your back and does the same thing as mentioned above with the vacuum backpack. xD

17 minutes ago, Heatfist said:

Would be neat in a form of a back item that acts like a loot vacuum. Sucks up all your drops into your inventory within range. The Worm Dragon Item Sucker 3000, in the shape of a worm dragon’s head with mouth open. Craftable by artisans, or rewarded from quest with additional quests for increased range and vacuum power. 

or to keep on original topic of pets it could be a pet Flanae that chills on your back and does the same thing as mentioned above with the vacuum backpack. xD

Or lets just do pets. 

Personally I'm not a fan op pickup pets, I do actually wonder if it will be that good on Evo, since I think there are more different drops then in iRose. This will cause a lot of annoyance in dropping stuff from inventory, and then picking up a new one and dropping it again. (this is ofc when there is no filter implemented)

Also, you could say, then just don't use it! That's party true, but when there's a QoL implemented that you have the option to be more efficient, it's hard to choose not to use.

Another thing is that I just don't like pets in general, I would play a game like pokemon to have pets, leave the thing optional and as a costume or collectable if it's hard to get.

A better option for me to solve the picking up problem would be some other auto loot feature then, please don't bind it to pets.