Words from a Rose veteran

HuntyOne

Good day, this is kinda my first post ever, I think I ever responded to two posts and barely spoke on discord. I'm gonna be a bit honest, there's nothing to do after max level besides dgs, I have nothing to do, I'm not a pvp player and a very lot of people aren't either. I made a little suggestion on discord a while back for giving us something to do such as achievements hence it's like a bound quest without an npc, go kill a thousands kings you have 0.5%+ ap or something idk, the game is already dying because of the lack of things we can do, there's a lot of focus on pvp lately but pvp isn't the only thing in the game, the Junon trade chat is barely moving now, the market is more like "wt* is going on", I can sit for longer than 10 minutes to find 5 players to run a cou dg, a lot of people I know left the game due the lack of things they can do after max level, hate me or not this is what the people who left said: "I've reached max, spend N time in dgs to get the gear and after it's gg, we have nothing else to work on".

Yeah I totally understand the game is still early access but in this way it's gonna have no players other than the afk's in Junon when it will be oficial, I did my best to keep on playing, I made a clan and probably that's the only reason I still play this much, because I either just run around killing kings even if I don't look for any drop, because zulie is not something I look for anymore, I have my gear maxed enough so having more zulie is pointless, I made a cleric that is maxed as well after spamming hundreds of dgs and there's that, it's sitting afk all day, nothing to work on it anymore since I don't like pvp but that's personal choice. I only do dungeons now because I go with the clan sometimes or because I'm that bored, otherwise I just roam the maps looking for kings to kill, and lately I keep finding more kings, not a lot of people to kill them, I barely see parties now making level because at some points in game if you don't find a party you can just watch the screen(example 162-180), we need to do something else besides getting max, spamming dg and then afk in Junon. Understand that not everyone will go pvp, not everyone wanna do more classes. This is the only grind: Level -> DGs -> Afk in Junon

I mean no offense to anyone, I'm just here to place a word that might reach to who it needs to reach and that is the players, as we watch a game we love slowly fading away once again, you don't have to believe me. All you have to do is actually go in Junon and watch how slow the trade chat is now, how long it takes sometimes to find 5 players that will run a dg, and even with pvp I see them asking to join queue multiple times since there aren't 3-8 people to start DP.

The clan passives got their power reduced and cost reduced as well, but it also got nerfed bad, for example PvM off/def passives costed 12.5m cp and were giving 10% PvM off/def but then they got reduced to make it easier for us to take them but why the cost was divided by 4 from 12.5m cp to 3.125m cp and the power was divided by 5? huh? from 10% to 2%? Where's the math in that? It should be 2.5% power. And also the only way to actually raise a clan is by grinding clan points in Fossil Sanctuary, cp was nerfed a lot from dungeons, a full cou clear will give a person around 10k(give or take a few) pts now which is less than killing a Terra king who's giving 13k, I've only been a bit in Junon clan field in NA since it was very rarely used and never been here since it doesn't exist but based on how I see Luna clan field I can strongly say it's not a place to farm clan points, the clan points are very low and also the unbalance is high there

A lot of content from the game was removed due "pay to win" and okay good job there but please do not confuse pay to win with pay to skip etc, placing a few thoughts together pay to win should only be applied if "Player A has an item that Player B cannot aquire without paying IRL money and said item is making Player A stronger than Player B". Exp bonus shouldn't be placed here as both players can level, one is just leveling faster, let's say we understand that xp bonuses were removed from IM costumes but why from event costumes?(example happy holiday set) almost everyone can get an event costume. Because if we do this please go ahead and remove the lvl 40(I think that's the armor lvl) from Anima Lake quests as it's giving xp bonus >.< Not everyone have 15 hours a day to spend grinding levels so they would love an actual exp bonus which doesn't exist anymore

This is all for now, I think I already spoke enough but there's a very lot more that can be said, so all I can do now is just watch how it's snowing in Junon I guess, or perhaps just help the clan, because that's all that I can do, I have maybe 5 millions? It's enough to buy scrolls and potions, nothing else is needed so why to get more? Why to grind more valors? Once again you don't have to stand by my side in this, but I think everyone can see the truth. With this being said, have a good morning, day or night people, your beloved or your nemesis "Hunty".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well said Hunty, i would love to see dungeon stats ( who did more dmg,who took more dmg and so on like pvp have ), give players something to show off there work and that kill x amount to gain power that is great can be done implementing titles and each title ( pvm do 1000x cou to have sorcery off and def 5% ) ( kill 1000x kings to have 10% drop rate ) and so on a lot can be implemented to give player daily login right now we do daily( not me i don't need any more valors ) and those daily takes 40min then your out of GA and nothing else to do. So yes we need something 

It sounds like you guys are burnt out from playing. Take some time off rose. Or simply keep playing. The game is not dying. It’s still  early access and updates will keep coming. This is me being optimistic about the game. Tbh, I didn’t think I would last but couple months in, I’m still having fun and I still find things to do in the game. Play the game slow and have fun. 😎👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntyOne said:

There's nothing to do after max level besides dgs, I have nothing to do, I'm not a pvp player, the game is already dying because of the lack of things we can do, there's a lot of focus on pvp lately but pvp isn't the only thing in the game, hate me or not this is what the people who left said: "I've reached max, spend N time in dgs to get the gear and after it's gg, we have nothing else to work on".

This is something I see in every game out there, there are always those people who join early and leave early, and there are those who join later and leave late. The thing is there is no game out there that can entertain you for more than 5 years actively, you completed the game and is burnt out, that's just nature. And the reality is that, a large portion of the community who left the game are not really new players, they have played ROSE previously whether it is official or non-official servers, they know what the end game is like, what path they should take, and what should not, they have completed the game previously but all their hard work was wiped because the game took the wrong direction and face the consequence, they just don't feel like they should stick around for the same thing. So the game is not dying, it's just the initial hype spike and interest in this new version of ROSE faded away. And regarding "The lack of things we can do", I don't think so, there are a lot of things you can do in this game, but it's more like those task wont earn you enough zulies, and achievement, not show off worthy.

1 hour ago, HuntyOne said:

I either just run around killing kings even if I don't look for any drop, because zulie is not something I look for anymore, I have my gear maxed enough so having more zulie is pointless, I made a cleric that is maxed as well after spamming hundreds of dgs and there's that, it's sitting afk all day, nothing to work on it anymore since I don't like pvp but that's personal choice. I only do dungeons now because I go with the clan sometimes or because I'm that bored, otherwise I just roam the maps looking for kings to kill, and lately I keep finding more kings, not a lot of people to kill them, I barely see parties now making level because at some points in game if you don't find a party you can just watch the screen(example 162-180), we need to do something else besides getting max, spamming dg and then afk in Junon.

I played ROSE 10+ years ago, it was also about spamming dungeons, but in this new version of ROSE, I did not bother to grind dungeons, it's actually not needed but time consuming. And regarding kings, this was something that keep the game mysterious for people to crack the code back in the days. Back then, you don't get drops once the monster reached blue color, the drop table of old ROSE everything was so hidden. Nowadays, you can get the drop table revealed so easily because you get drops from monster that you outleveled even for 200+ levels. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say the previous system was better. I actually like the current system more, though I prefer that you can see the drop but you shouldn't be able to pick up the drop.

And then regarding lack of leveling parties, I witnessed it all, I joined this new version of ROSE 2 months ago, this system of exp where you MUST find a party to level or you are going nowhere is what turns everyone off. For example, a lot of people whether Kenji, Mana Snowfield, Xita, Prison, they come check out the spot to see if anyone is around, if they don't see, they just log off. And you can't blame them, because leveling is BORING plus it needs to be done in a way, where you must need to kill a large number of monster as fast as you can, this implies you will need the following ingredients, a high level cleric who can put several Sala flame, and several AOE in the party to kill, would be much better if a high level sacrifice is present. The demand of leveling a character is not as strong as when the server starts, so right now it's being bottlenecked by this leveling meta, and when only two to three person is around, the party just won't take off. Every person must bring their own Cleric/Sacrifice/GroupBuffer to proceed.

And you said you don't engage in PvP, that's rather unfortunate, as that's a big part of ROSE. But in my opinion, an easy way to make these maxed out PvM players to have further things to do is to make more medallions variation for the rest of the boss and make new king sets. Making new maps is not a viable option for the development team as it takes vast amount of development time. And most importantly, spread out the damn drops, don't leave all the goodies in Fossil Sanctuary. Diversify the leveling spot more, give teleport portal directly to B2, B3 for forgotten temple, same thing for Goblin cave to B2, B3, it is painful to walk through these dungeons to find noone, change Adventurer's plain scroll spawn location to the front entrance of Goblin cave. Also, the current xita quest grind culture is ruining the Oblivion temple, it was the go-to leveling spot from 100-160 back then, remove the Ghost element from some of the low rank monster as this element hurts vanilla element which is basically everyone. Bring out the Marsh of Ghost return scroll for Lv.140. And perhaps change ruins to non PvP, leveling map should never be a PvP zone, ruins should be the leveling map for 180-220, it's pretty stupid that you can level from 180-250 in two-three days in Fossil Sanctuary.

2 hours ago, HuntyOne said:

The clan passives

Not gonna comment on that one, I'm not a big fan of the whole Clan passive as a whole, it just make people who have time and likes to grind to pull a gap away from the people who don't have time and don't like to be a part of big clan as solo player.

• Like 3

Im a new player (~1,5 months). i can't really comment from experience about endgame in Rose. i never got to endgame in other versions and dislike playing luna, which is mostly the reason i quit in the past.

so i will comment on my time so far

starting new

Not being able to get buffs (or give) is a real bummer (yes group i know, its cumbersome). this results in meeting higher level players being useless. you might get lucky and have a unique dropped or a pile of zuli. but most just run by because they can't help in a meaningfull way. unless you are at a popular leveling spot.

leveling speed/getting max level:

i like, for the most part, the speed to get higher levels. just not the few fixed spots and somewhat required parties to get there. but on the other hand if it is more spread out i doubt you get a party going at all. And as a consequence of leveling fast, any gear you find is so short lived that it is not worth putting resources in. this also means there is no market to speak of untill you reach a certain level.

i don't remember where, but i read a suggestion about making dungeons available for more level ranges. that would have been a cool change of pace instead of grinding out repeat quests.

lvl 250 / endgame

so now the RNG and valor grind begins 🙂 im enjoying my time because i feel like with every new find im getting stronger. i recieve help from the clan im in, and is active enough to engage with on a daily basis. so as long as both of these are still true, i will probably enjoy my time playing this game.

however

dungeons are hard to get enough people together for. most of the time its pretty rough going even if you get in (not the right classes present). then when you try the daily DG quests and can't complete them because you run out of GA and/or time, that is pretty frustrating. with unlimited GA this situation was a lot better, but also means drops get more common in the market. not sure if thats good or bad

all of that said

to actually reply a bit and stay on topic.

reaching endgame, maxing everything out. what to do next? i can understand the question. ofcourse the game is in early access. more planets, gear, levels, skills, 3rd job would be very welcome. but those are still long(er) term goals.

im unsure what is possible short-term, my thoughts or ideas i've read:

- something to look forward to. maybe a roadmap so there is a bit of hype to prepare and get more active players. (it might also backfire and ppl don't login until then)

- damage statistics in a group/party would be cool to see. this would create some competition

- the above flows neatly in a sort of ranking system (dmg output/ amount of dmg recieved/ achievements/ time challenges/ other?)

- maybe some kind of world notification system about a world boss someone killed (when or if there are wold bosses)

- some random boss spawn that you must race to get (but what drop would excite endgame players?, a 100% upgrade scroll or something)

- maybe a clan hide-out / dungeon you can build up.

- a clan vending shop

- other games have a hardcore gameplay option. maybe a modified rose version of this could be interesting.

- games like poe or d4 have seasons. i don't know what a rose version of this would be like if at all possible. but that would be a cool way to try out new things and keep interests going

Given the abundance of resources in the game, devs should elevate the gaming experience to hardcore mode in 2024. Introduce a new set of items from a new dungeon/map content that is very challenging to obtain or grind. It shouldn't be obtainable within a week to prevent player boredom.

I believe the team is already working on something more exciting than TG wars/PVP Game Arena.

We need a hashtag: #HardcoreRoseOnline2024. Make it hard baby! 💦🤣

• Like 1

As a casual player who played Rose not too long ago around 6 years ago I really resonate with your opinion. I play both PvM and PvP, but I prefer PvP. I agree that PvP is quite quiet these days and finding members for PvM dungeons is challenging. However, I always ask my clannies first to join me in dungeons. I know it's still in early access, and I'm eagerly awaiting a big change/update for this current version of Rose.

I often think that developing this current version of Rose is tough. As a software engineer (not in game development, though), I believe that creating new features often leads to buggy issues, highlighting the challenges with the existing legacy code. Developing with legacy code is truly a pain. I think this is their main problem too. Again, I just want to experience how they feel in the development process. And I am also not subscribing to their Ko-Fi page where technical things are written.

I was excited when I first heard that Rose was making a comeback with new devs. I genuinely appreciate what they've done in the last year, addressing issues like disconnecting, duping, and abusing in-game features and also nerfing things in game. But look at how everything is fixed and improved now.

I love that there is an ideas section on the forum where players can share their ideas to make Rose better. I've really enjoyed playing Rose over the last year.

I agree with @kaiserkiva statement above, maybe we need some rest or still keep playing.

Regardless, I'm currently on hiatus as a Rose player, waiting for 2024 in hopes of some significant changes for the current Rose. I believe in “new year new good things will happen”. Also, happy anniversary, Rose Online!

Edited by kikii
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kaiserkiva said:

It sounds like you guys are burnt out from playing. Take some time off rose. Or simply keep playing. The game is not dying. It’s still  early access and updates will keep coming. This is me being optimistic about the game. Tbh, I didn’t think I would last but couple months in, I’m still having fun and I still find things to do in the game. Play the game slow and have fun. 😎👍

I did stated that I fully know the game is still in early access and people are waiting for the release, but it's already slowly to not have enough people to start a dungeon or a pvp, it's not only me who states it, but many. After getting maxed there's nothing to do, it's not only my words but of many, and I'm glad you still have fun and find things to do in the game, many do not.

7 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

This is something I see in every game out there, there are always those people who join early and leave early, and there are those who join later and leave late. The thing is there is no game out there that can entertain you for more than 5 years actively, you completed the game and is burnt out, that's just nature. And the reality is that, a large portion of the community who left the game are not really new players, they have played ROSE previously whether it is official or non-official servers, they know what the end game is like, what path they should take, and what should not, they have completed the game previously but all their hard work was wiped because the game took the wrong direction and face the consequence, they just don't feel like they should stick around for the same thing. So the game is not dying, it's just the initial hype spike and interest in this new version of ROSE faded away. And regarding "The lack of things we can do", I don't think so, there are a lot of things you can do in this game, but it's more like those task wont earn you enough zulies, and achievement, not show off worthy.

Well zulie isn't needed, achievements would be cool to have like finish cou 250 times and get an achievement so people will engage in dg more, same can be said for pvp > kill 1000 players you get something. Maybe a tab on left click that people can see what achievements you have. Example I left click on you and I see you killed 1000 people in pvp, or slain dragons etc. 

• Like 1

As a pretty hardcore iROSE player for like 17 years now I would also like to give my 2 cents. About a month ago I heard about the restart of the official game after playing private servers for over a decade and decided to give it a try. I understand that some of the things I talk about will not be unique to this new version compared to other naROSE versions since I am comparing everything to iROSE.

I have had a pretty hard time accepting and adapting to this completely different style of ROSE, but I knew what I was getting into as I have played some naROSE before and was interested to see how old problems (like refining at lower levels or buff slave clerics) are being solved. Some things are done well, for example it's nice to see people actually play in parties to level, and you actually get quests that lead you through the game and teach you stuff about it. The lack of information was always something that held iROSE back for newcomers. I also love the fact that PvP seems to be held in such high regard and you can make money from it although I have yet to participate.

But there are some obvious problems to me:

Progression

A large portion of people in this thread are complaining about how they can no longer progress, they have unlocked everything they need/want and there is really no point in playing unless they enjoy PvP. Even though I have not maxed yet I can easily see how you would be able to get your optimal equipment way faster than back in iROSE, since there are items and ways of editing your gear to max it out after you get the gear piece, and they are mostly safe methods which function as zulie sinks. There are blank stat scrolls, drills, reinforcement can increase durability, refining is a lot less punishing than in iROSE, etc.

It's baffling to me that there are things such as Blank Stat Scrolls, now you can easily get any stat you want onto any gear piece you want. Not only that, but you can pretty much get any possible stat variation whereas before this would be very limited. Want AP/CRIT? No worries. MP/CHA? I got you. 

With all of this being true, it's no wonder people are complaining they cannot progress anymore. Everything is given to you far too easily. In iROSE if a new rare item is released, it would take years for anyone to get a top stat and max durability on it, and many more years for it to become affordable to most. People complaining they have nothing to do was not a thing in iROSE.

I see a lot of people suggesting to bring out new content to solve this problem. But making new content is one of the biggest time investments for very little outcome, as the content will be completed by players in a few months and this problem will repeat again. Changing some small things around, however, would have a far larger impact at a far lesser time investment. I'm not saying to do this, but imagine if Blank scrolls were removed from the game? Or if refining could destroy your item? Getting your dream set would take a LOT longer all of a sudden.

Buffs

I know these things are probably not new from older version of naROSE, but nonetheless this is a source of frustration for me. As I understand it buffs were divided among all jobs in an effort to stop clerics from being purely buff slaves, and clerics were given extra heals/damage to compensate. However, all this seems to have done is turn clerics into bonfire/salamander/heal slaves and most people still dualclient a cleric with their preferred job. Due to how weak potions are in this version of the game, a cleric is still an almost required second client for many things especially with how strong Salamanders are.

And with this, the problem of buff slaves is still not being solved, as you can now level a character with every job, max their respective job skill as well as CHA and always buff yourself that way. It's simply been made a bit harder. I do understand this works as a deterrent but the deterrent would not work as well if buffs were better.

Which brings me to another point which is that buffs are extremely weak compared to what they used to be in iROSE, and you cannot get buffs from anyone unless you go through the effort of grouping/partying with them. Buffs in iROSE were flat values which meant buffing a low level would provide an extremely significant boost. Now all the buffs are percentage based which makes buffs at low levels very weak, and even at high levels extremely underwhelming and unsatisfying due to the low percentage.

This makes leveling far less enjoyable than it was in iROSE in my opinion, even though everyone is in a party all the time now. It also seems like playing solo is no longer much of a viable option, at least for leveling. 

AFKers and botters

Being an active player and partying with others is very frustrating as it seems everyone is only putting in 10% of their effort. The combination of Salamanders/bonfires being overpowered with a shitton of AOEs in the game just leads to people being extremely lazy, standing in one spot and AOEing with minimal effort. It's actually acceptable to just stand still and only press AOE, which is crazy to me. The only reason it is accepted is because players are desperate for parties since there is no downside to partying even when half your party is leeching. 

Tab targeting is another problem in this. People in this game are no strangers to programs like AHK, and tab targeting allows them to bot extremely easily. A few lines of a simple script can mean fully automated farming and leveling. However, if you remove tab targeting this will become a far more difficult feat to achieve and 99% of the people currently doing it will not be able to circumvent it.

Client restriction

A restriction for players to only play on two clients at a time is asking for trouble. People will use their extra computers or virtual machines to get around this restriction very easily, creating an advantage for those who are willing to circumvent the rules. It also appears there is no follow through for enforcing these rules when I am confronted daily with people who abuse this system and aren't even secretive about it. 

Also, for a person who would usually try to avoid farming and make the bulk of his money through vending, a 2 client restriction simply means this avenue of playing the game is unavailable. It also means the market will be far less regulated as there are almost no regular vendors that dictate market prices through competition. 

Clan passives

This isn't a huge issue but I certainly don't like clan passives which lead to players just joining a clan based on the advantages they can get from it. I am glad to hear they have been nerfed before and personally I would like to see them get nerfed further. Clans should be built out of loyalty to friends with a common purpose, as a badge of honor. The way it currently works you are simply going to be weaker and slower than others who blindly join a giant clan for the benefits. Being in a clan loses its meaning if a quarter of the server is in that clan.

Edited by Rµben
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/21/2023 at 8:58 AM, HuntyOne said:

I did stated that I fully know the game is still in early access and people are waiting for the release, but it's already slowly to not have enough people to start a dungeon or a pvp, it's not only me who states it, but many. After getting maxed there's nothing to do, it's not only my words but of many, and I'm glad you still have fun and find things to do in the game, many do not.

There is a trend of maxing a character out as soon as possible by levelling in common levelling spots i.e. mouldies, krawfies, penguins etc. Most players do this step on their new chars and this is why they are burnt out, get bored and got nothing to do. It’s a players choice if they wish to do these monotonous gameplay.

When players say that you ‘need to’ reach max level or ‘got to’ have a max level char to win the game. This may be somewhat true however imo winning the game is simply having fun. Also, I think diversifying in how you want to play the game and slowing your phase is the key to success.

When I created my next 2 chars, I diversified the things that I do in the game. I slowed down my gameplay by trying out junon valor quests, Luna clan quests, eldeon clan quests, etc. I do wish that these quests gave more experience but it’s different and fun.

I also tried crafting and vending for a couple of months. Then only recently, for almost a month, I’ve tried doing dungeons. And i found it really chill and enjoyable especially the recent unli ga weekend event. For almost half a year of playing, I only have 1 max chars and 2 chars around level 240’s. Right now, I’m levelling my artisan (currently 246) to max level in the dungeon because why not?! 😁. Some may say that what I’m doing is insane or inefficient. But at the end of the day, I’m winning because I’m simply having fun.

Thanks for this post, it’s good for my bedtime reading. Anyways, my ign is zstark, shaws and anyaxluna in game.  Don’t forget to say hello if you see me in game. See you all online Rosarians!

7 hours ago, kaiserkiva said:

When players say that you ‘need to’ reach max level or ‘got to’ have a max level char to win the game. This may be somewhat true however imo winning the game is simply having fun. Also, I think diversifying in how you want to play the game and slowing your phase is the key to success.

Best thing to do is play at your own pace, the game needs much time for fixes and changes and improvements. A lot of people just rushed to the end for literally no reason at all just to “flex” or “beat the game”. Most of those players burned out and quit after grinding out everything. People just went too hard without reading the fine print of what the Early Access was all about, and it can’t really be helped.

At 250 there isn’t really any real end game. You get Fossil Sanctuary as the only map with mobs still around your level to farm CP in. You get the 4 Dungeons, and 3 PvP Game Arenas to farm for the Valor/Honor sets and beyond that there’s really nothing else.

When you look at Eldeon and when the max lvl was I believe 210/220 at the time, you had Prison and Ruins for end game maps. Ruins offered a competitive objective in the form of a party quest to do the Turak Maze for rewards. 

I too only bothered with leveling one character to max and it’s just boring being max with only being limited to 3 activities.

From doing every available quest in game and slowly grinding to max I missed out on nothing and learned about the game and how drops and mobs function. The best gameplay experience I found was in the lvl 120-160 range. Back when low lvl PvP games were still available this was a fun time (minus the exploits for Honor, which caused it to be removed).

Peak gameplay for the game is lvl 160 imo. At this level you have content on 3 planets that is relevant for farming, questing, and as well having access to 2 of the 4 dungeons. You have Oblivion Temple in Junon still relevant to farm. Luna Temple and Luna Clanfields still relevant to farm, and all of Eldeon. A lvl 160 can be geared to the point to be almost as strong as a 250. 
It’s just sad people rushed to the end and missed out on all the things you can do at lower levels.

Too much of the game is also driven by greed and this ruins the experience and gameplay for most as well. We should be playing together and helping each other but nah, it’s just battle for the most Zulie or whatever points to be the best like no one ever was.

The dev team have shown great progress on their work to improve the game and I’m looking forward to the future changes. 

Take your time, report any bugs or broken things and help make the game the best it can be!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When players talk about players leaving for X reasons. 

I feel it important to explain why some may leave, even if I am alone in my reasoning. 

Rednim stated before EA that premium storage is basically pay to win. 
This is being changed. 

Your word in this world is your bond. Once you start to go back on your word, your credibility is gone out the window. 

Their KoFi openly advertises weekly detailed updates. This is something that is openly promised by Rednim. When confronted with this, 
Rather than just changing the wording, the money was refunded.
(updated since this post) 

Storage, even though many don't want to see it as a pay to win, it is. 

There are many games on the market that are dedicated to not being pay to win. I will move onto companies that value truth. 

I didn't quit because of anything else. But failed promises. 

Edited by GodOfEntity

49 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

Predecessor. 

I played that today, after 3 matches I stopped is a clone of LOL but more into first person. And been a "shooter type " mmorpg is hard to implement pay2win elements so that game is on early access and will only have cosmetics as a shooter mmorpg. Correct me if I'm wrong and almost all games out there have p2w stuff. I've been look for a mmorpg to play and downloaded like 15 of them. And 10min in p2w kicks in. Rose been an old game will be hard to make income I think but will survive and I believe that

14 minutes ago, MeNewbie said:

almost all games out there have p2w stuff

Fortnite Save The World, (the original game mode) HAD pay to win stuff in it, Until they got sued for millions upon millions of dollars.
Now Fortnite entirely has a no pay to win. (In BR, in StW, in Rocket Racing, LegoFortnie, ect) 

(Overprime : The Paragon, has no p2w aspects) 

Edited by GodOfEntity

10 hours ago, GodOfEntity said:

Fortnite Save The World, (the original game mode) HAD pay to win stuff in it, Until they got sued for millions upon millions of dollars.
Now Fortnite entirely has a no pay to win. (In BR, in StW, in Rocket Racing, LegoFortnie, ect) 

(Overprime : The Paragon, has no p2w aspects) 

Fortnite is a Battle royal game and Save the world is a strategy game. And Fortnite is on a different league with milions of players they can make bilions $$$ only with skins. And mentioned " almost all" I didn't say the games that are not open world gameplay like Rose.

Fortnite has 70mil monthly players were rose has 400-600 ( I assume ) and the game made in 2022 they made 6bilions+ and with Mobile they double it. So we can't compare Rose to any of those game.

OverPrime: Same like predecessor is a tower defence game similar to League of Legends and Predecessor ( and is like a copy of them) both OverPrime and Predecessor are not same style of game like Rose online. Once you open OverPrime the first thing that popup is a skin bundle i don't even know how the game look and they popup bundle on me. I played OverPrime they lost me in 1h. I can find games like it all over but like Rose online almost all good games died there is Genshin Impact but that is a Solo game (co-op game ) is not MMORPG is an RPG game with CO-OP elements.

So both game Predecessor and OverPrime share same style "5v5 team battle" not Open World game play.

• Like 1

Seems like a moot discussion. You cannot compare an MMO to any other type of game. Obviously games like Fortnite or LoL aren't going to be pay2win because the whole entire point of the game is to be competitive. Introducing p2w in such a game would defeat the whole purpose and kill it immediately. 

For MMOs the story is very different and p2w is extremely prevalent in these types of games, mostly because they are time sink games which means spending more time = having a better character. I don't think I can name any MMO that does not have either a subscription fee or p2w elements. The only one I can name which is somewhat close is Path of Exile but even they offer significant time saving with storage upgrades.

19 hours ago, GodOfEntity said:

When players talk about players leaving for X reasons. 

I feel it important to explain why some may leave, even if I am alone in my reasoning. 

Rednim stated before EA that premium storage is basically pay to win. 
This is being changed. 

Your word in this world is your bond. Once you start to go back on your word, your credibility is gone out the window. 

Their KoFi openly advertises weekly detailed updates. This is something that is openly promised by Rednim. When confronted with this, 
Rather than just changing the wording, the money was refunded. 

Storage, even though many don't want to see it as a pay to win, it is. 

There are many games on the market that are dedicated to not being pay to win. I will move onto companies that value truth. 

I didn't quit because of anything else. But failed promises. 

No offense but failed promises from a game in Early Access/Alpha/Beta/Whatever you want to call it is par for the course. I've played many games since Alpha phases and I don't think a single one has kept its promises. Looking at the games you seem to be currently interested in (unknown early stages MOBA/FPS clones, I've been down this road before, most of these games die by the way) you will undoubtedly suffer the same fate with them. No company values truth, they value money and/or survival.

Every newly released game or server has extremely naive developers and representatives, especially a game like ROSE which will keep getting rebooted by old nostalgic players. They will make promises, years later they will come to the realization they cannot keep them without shutting down, and then they break them. It will happen many more times on this game too.

However you shouldn't attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompetence.

Edited by Rµben

Point being. 

I'm against pay to win. 

Games exist that, have no pay to win aspects. 

For me, it's I'll play a game that has no pay to win. Or I'll go play an entirely different genre of game. 

This decision was made much easier, knowing Rednim openly stated many times their opinion on pay to win, and recognizing that was a major downfall of the previous company. Rednim hates pay to win. Or at least, this is what was said to be true. 

Maybe I misunderstood the developments perspectives on the mater. 

Anyrate. The promise to not have pay to win was made. 

The game is slowly leaking in these things. And the community seems accepting of this, under the guise of we need to do this to keep development of the game up. 

I'd rather just not support that direction. 

With that said. I'm out. I'll go play other games. 

Sorry that the MMORPG genre as a whole, seemingly, has this deficiency, but I won't support it. 

Cheers.

8 hours ago, GodOfEntity said:

Point being. 

I'm against pay to win. 

Games exist that, have no pay to win aspects. 

For me, it's I'll play a game that has no pay to win. Or I'll go play an entirely different genre of game. 

This decision was made much easier, knowing Rednim openly stated many times their opinion on pay to win, and recognizing that was a major downfall of the previous company. Rednim hates pay to win. Or at least, this is what was said to be true. 

Maybe I misunderstood the developments perspectives on the mater. 

Anyrate. The promise to not have pay to win was made. 

The game is slowly leaking in these things. And the community seems accepting of this, under the guise of we need to do this to keep development of the game up. 

I'd rather just not support that direction. 

With that said. I'm out. I'll go play other games. 

Sorry that the MMORPG genre as a whole, seemingly, has this deficiency, but I won't support it. 

Cheers.

Since you’ve decided to quit and won’t be playing anymore. You can donate your items to players in need. I will gladly take care of your items. Think of it as a Christmas present 😁👍.

• Like 1

im also against pay to win but in mmorpg genre all games has pay to win aspect so if your really a mmo player once a mmo is release the question is how much paytowin the game is because all games is still business in the end of the day so for me as long as its not pay for power or pay to skip its all good to me becuase in all genre of games most gamer know that the mmo is the hardest one to make and maintain there are so many matter and moving parts that need to balance in an mmo and for me as a mmorpg player the rednim team doing now is not pure bussiness i can feel in what i see they mostly doing is out of passion and love for the game they still have a long and bumpy road to take i hope they will make rose online different and the most beutiful version of all rose online i will continue to support them as long as i can see the love and passion to the game 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 4:06 PM, kaiserkiva said:

Sorry, but the game isn't going to survive on your optimism! Whether youd like to believe it or not, the game is dying, simply because there's no hook. Glad you're having fun, but you don't speak for everyone. You saying "play the game slow" isn't going to fix the glaringly obvious issues.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1