Every Class Should be Able to Craft Unique Stuff

Zeror

Every class should be able to craft something unique to their class to have something to play with on the market. But.. we don't want to make Artisans useless either. So here is an idea where each class can craft something to sell on the market.

• Soldier: As skilled fighters they can train those capsule pets, which fights with you for a short time, into stronger versions and longer durations. Because these things are still a consumable it will be an ongoing business for Soldiers.
  • Hawker: As adventurer's Hawkers know every square inch of a map. Hawker's can craft Teleport Scrolls of every map in the game. Some of these aren't even for sale at the scroll vendors, so Hawkers will have an ongoing business with this.
  • Muse: As the magic wielders of the game Muses surely knows their magic. They can craft enchantments to put on weapons. As these enchantments wears off after some time Muses have an ongoing business with these.
  • Dealer: Beside the fact Dealers are already the crafty guys in the game there is something they only can craft. Dealers can craft Armor Kits to temporarily make armor better. As these Armor Kits wears off after some time Dealers have an extra addition to their marketgame with these.

Edit:
The Soldier and Dealer idea could be swapped if that is better.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 4

• Zeror changed the title to Every Class Should be Able to Craft Unique Stuff
  • 7 months later...

What kind of enchantments though? Can you give an example?

Not sure soldiers can make bank with consumables, tbh. Most soldiers are meatheads who spend most of their time doing dg and PvP. Maybe they could do breeding of permanent pets instead? Or breaking in mobs to turn them into pets and/or mounts, maybe.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Critpeak said:

It is, instead of a support class with it's unique features, now it's just a heal slave? Or 2nd mage? Or low damage knight? I've lost track.

It’s neither of those. 

Clerics have heal skills, yes. Just as champs and mages have AoE skills, knights with defensive, scouts/Bourgs with their range and raiders with their DPS. 

Each class has its own function. Clerics can heal and also attack mobs and actually do damage unlike before. 

Another thing is.. when a cleric used to provide all the buffs and those buffs would last 15+ minutes, what would they do then? Spam heal because they can’t do damage. Now THAT is a true heal slave. 

At least now they can hold their own and actually participate in a party or even solo. 

You come in here raging about this change and that change.. how about we just stop and give it a chance? Maybe then you’ll have some appropriate feedback to where we can improve on the system together. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not raging about anything, I'm simply expressing my opinion from what I saw and what I've read as information. 
I've given reasons and facts to support my opinion.

Unlike you - all you do is copy-paste replying to everyone that each class has its own function, which is quite not the case, with the currently applied changes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Critpeak said:

It is, instead of a support class with it's unique features, now it's just a heal slave? Or 2nd mage? Or low damage knight? I've lost track.

3 hours ago, Critpeak said:

So cleric class has been already ruined, might as well ruin artisan now too?

13 minutes ago, Critpeak said:

I'm not raging about anything, I'm simply expressing my opinion from what I saw and what I've read as information. 
I've given reasons and facts to support my opinion.

Unlike you - all you do is copy-paste replying to everyone that each class has its own function, which is quite not the case, with the currently applied changes.

Lmao. Do you truly believe everything you’ve stated has been reason or fact? That’s really funny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Critpeak said:

You can see for yourself where cleric has been discussed. Again you rush to just copy-paste a completely useless reply.

Just close this forum, no need for suggestions, no need for discussions. 

The thing is, I don’t have to copy and paste anything. You lack any support or ideas. All you want is “changes suck, go back to old way” and that’s it. No help, whatsoever. 

And last I checked, this isn’t your forum topic nor are you a moderator. The forum doesn’t need to be closed, you just need to have sufficient details to explain your stance instead of saying “change sucks, go back”. No one cares for that mentality. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Again same thing, I told you i've posted reasons, facts and reasons in the other topic. You are just like and old broken short-length tape. Repeating to everyone that they must not express their opinion because they don't have support. 

What are your facts that the changes are good?

"Clerics have skills"

"each class have own function"

Impressive arguments.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Critpeak said:

Again same thing, I told you i've posted reasons, facts and reasons in the other topic. You are just like and old broken short-length tape. Repeating to everyone that they must not express their opinion because they don't have support. 

What are your facts that the changes are good?

"Clerics have skills"

"each class have own function"

Impressive arguments.

That’s cool that you’ve posted whatever it is you’ve posted on another topic. We’re in this topic, so what good does that do us? Nothing. Just like your crying does nothing. 

Again, express any opinion you want, I’ve done it myself. But at the end of the day, realize that you have to give an idea a chance before you say that it’s the worst thing the devs can do. We have seen where Rose ends up if things remain the same, shut down. It’s time for changes to be made to keep Rose going. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, Bobbity said:

What kind of enchantments though? Can you give an example?

Muses would be able to make minor weapon enchantments like: +5 INT for 1 hour (= lower grade enchantment). Or +12 CON for 2 hours (= higher grade enchantment). But it's always time-limited. Not permanent. It's like buff in item form which can be applied to a weapon. Or for Dealers' Armor Kit that coould be applied to an armor piece.

And @Critpeak: This wouldn't damage artisans at all, but it gives other classes something extra to do and to profit from. Artisans always should be the mainh crafter class in the game.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hjvg said:

i would say dont even start with this.

if you really want all classes to be able to craft why would we still have classes then you better ask to make 1 class that can do everything

1 class to do everything.. like.. like the Avatar?! 4 jobs (4 elements)?! Yes, please! 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 8:39 PM, Zeror said:

Soldier: As skilled fighters they can train those capsule pets, which fights with you for a short time, into stronger versions and longer durations. Because these things are still a consumable it will be an ongoing business for Soldiers.

I like the general idea of each class having something truly unique which they can make! I'm not sure how it would affect the market but i do think consumables are maybe not the best choice for a soldier.. i don't have a feeling there will be a good market for it.. 

And i also question myself, why not just add those unique items to the crafting list of an artisan? The artisan is THE crafter of the game, so it could also be logical that the artisan could make those items and sell them to the other classes am i right?

• Like 1

I'm waiting for developers to make a crafter champ or artisan with mage skill tree, since I won't be able to play as a cleric... Well I'll be able to, but there is no cleric.

If you make all classes available to craft any type of item or consumable it should be account bound and class locked, otherwise it's just another non-sense, like hawkers only to posses to most important in-game buffs.

Considering that developers already have done the hawker part, dismantled the cleric class, might as well divide each branch of artisan crafting skill tree amongst the other classes.

If we continue the non-sense topic, might as well remove all classes, and just leave people to choose whatever skill and weapons they want and be forever visitors.

I'd go for knight with champ damage skills and hawker buffs, mage success rate and dealer hit/crit buffs. ez

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Critpeak said:

I'm waiting for developers to make a crafter champ or artisan with mage skill tree, since I won't be able to play as a cleric... Well I'll be able to, but there is no cleric.

If you make all classes available to craft any type of item or consumable it should be account bound and class locked, otherwise it's just another non-sense, like hawkers only to posses to most important in-game buffs.

Considering that developers already have done the hawker part, dismantled the cleric class, might as well divide each branch of artisan crafting skill tree amongst the other classes.

If we continue the non-sense topic, might as well remove all classes, and just leave people to choose whatever skill and weapons they want and be forever visitors.

I'd go for knight with champ damage skills and hawker buffs, mage success rate and dealer hit/crit buffs. ez

From your posts i get feeling you are not so motivated to play the game.. It's all so negative.. The game is re-launching after years, of course there are going to be changes! Why not give those changes a chance? They might actually be very good as long as there is a motivated Dev team behind it. Which there is! And besides that, a forum is where people can go to express their ideas and discuss about it. A post doesn't mean it will be implemented.. So instead of saying everything is bad, it could be an idea to also be open for other ways of thinking! That way we keep the forum the fun place it is right now 😄😄❤️ 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Loerslang said:

From your posts i get feeling you are not so motivated to play the game.. It's all so negative..

i think he is willing to play else he would not still be here i got the same. but i think he has the same as me and his main class wasx cleric and yes we know 90% of the community had not a cleric as main class and are happy they dont need to put this class as leecher anymore.

but with giving crafting skills to other classes are killing a other class so then instead of 8 classes we will end up with only 6 classes ingame

27 minutes ago, Loerslang said:

a forum is where people can go to express their ideas and discuss about it. A post doesn't mean it will be implemented.. So instead of saying everything is bad, it could be an idea to also be open for other ways of thinking!

some people are only thinking you are allowd to give positive feedback. but i did not recieve any warning for negative feedback so i think thats allowd as well.

so i dont know why you say that @Critpeakbetter can stop posting as he only has negative feedback in your eyes and you want a happy forum. i look at it mostly the same as him i dont see why everyone need buffs i dont see why everyone need to be able to craft

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, hjvg said:

i think he is willing to play else he would not still be here i got the same. but i think he has the same as me and his main class wasx cleric and yes we know 90% of the community had not a cleric as main class and are happy they dont need to put this class as leecher anymore.

but with giving crafting skills to other classes are killing a other class so then instead of 8 classes we will end up with only 6 classes ingame

some people are only thinking you are allowd to give positive feedback. but i did not recieve any warning for negative feedback so i think thats allowd as well.

so i dont know why you say that @Critpeakbetter can stop posting as he only has negative feedback in your eyes and you want a happy forum. i look at it mostly the same as him i dont see why everyone need buffs i dont see why everyone need to be able to craft

1 hour ago, Critpeak said:

The only thing that is bothering me about the posts @hjvg and @Critpeak is that you use every topic, where people genuinely speak about ideas, use to express you feelings about the cleric change. Cmon man, we know how you think about it by now, let people have a chat about their ideas.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, hjvg said:

Interesting that you say i said he has to stop posting! Because when i read my post, i never said he should stop posting! If anything i'd be more than happy if he would keep posting! And yes, i do agree that expressing opinions is very good and also an essential part of a good functioning forum. So no, i am not only looking for positive feedback at all! Some ideas are indeed terrible for the game, can't argue on that. I myself also expressed concern about some ideas for the game on this forum.
For me, it's purely how a post is formulated. Which words are chosen and how are sentences build. Because there are several ways to do that! All kinds of feedback on a post are good, that way you build towards the perfect idea which eventually could maybe even become part of the game! Everyone is entitled and allowed to have an opinion, but i do think we can think about the way we say things to keep the forum a nice and welcoming place for everyone. Nothing more than that! So i can't wait to see more posts from all of you on all interesting topics! 😄 😄❤️ 

Edited by Loerslang
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, hjvg said:

Again. I am not trying to kill off Artisan from the game. On the contrary, Artisan is huge part of the game and should stay within the game. I know that and I like that. This idea is for giving each class a minor ability to craft some minor things they and other players can use. Something extra to do to make the game more fun. A minor crafting ability that matches the class. I'm not asking for major class changes, just minor small things.

All the suggestions people are giving are about upgrading a 18 year old game. The game lacked a lot back in the days or a lot of things were needed to be fixed, but hey, we all enjoyed the game so much. Now the game hasn't aged very well. And the developers of Rednim are aware of that and are very motivated to make something great of ROSE Online to bump it up to more modern standards. Every idea that can evolve ROSE into a better game would be considered. I'm sure of that. And each idea and suggestion posted here will help the developers to do that. A catarpillar becomes a butterfly eventually and that counts also for ROSE. So please stop trolling and complaining and just give us respectfully your honest opinion. And just accept the people here as how they are.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Loerslang said:

From your posts i get feeling you are not so motivated to play the game.. It's all so negative.. The game is re-launching after years, of course there are going to be changes! Why not give those changes a chance? They might actually be very good as long as there is a motivated Dev team behind it. Which there is! And besides that, a forum is where people can go to express their ideas and discuss about it. A post doesn't mean it will be implemented.. So instead of saying everything is bad, it could be an idea to also be open for other ways of thinking! That way we keep the forum the fun place it is right now 😄😄❤️ 

You are wrong sir. The game is not re-launching, the "official" server is re-launching, I'm negative, because I'd like to play oldschool unique ROSE with a lot of people, instead what I'm a seeing from all the "updates" is:

-destroyed class

-hawkers are made OP as fck before it's even launched

-Champion have 4 or 5 different skills with same animation, only different coloring.

-Champion (2nd best defense in-game) - with some of the cleric "buffs" - receives about the same damage that deal from/to monsters.

-Champion - deals more dmg with normal hits than with his AoE skills.

-Unless you bind yourself to always playing with a hawker in your group - you are doomed to have 300mspeed while leveling.

-Unless you have a paper dealer in your pvp party - you are doomed to no be able to hit hawker class.

Shall I go on?

Artisans are the crafter class, there is no gainsaying or doubting that. They support everyone by turning loot, zulie and mana into items that boost the baseline combat stats of the party. Clerics support by restoring resource stats (health, mana) and boosting combat stats temporarily through the use of mana. Knights tank, champions and raiders deal damage to mob swarms and bosses, scouts scout, pick off specific targets and deal damage to bosses from a (relatively) safe distance. We all know these roles; we've played them for years after all. Yet, there's something to be said for a small bit of multiclassing. Not effortless, not free as in 'core component of the skill tree by default'. It's as @Zerorsaid, a bit of an upgrade to what's possible.

If a scout is in need of, say, quality arrows and has neither the zulie nor the friendship of an artisan BUT has just enough trash loot to craft basic arrows, I say let them craft their arrows. If they want to upgrade that skill, let them upgrade it - at a higher cost. This could even be an IM skill. A very, very specific IM skill that allows for crafting of more types of arrows per skill level. Still only what any average Joe Artisan can do as easily as pressing a button. Just the fact that it's an IM skill means not everyone will know it and no-one will suspect that your scout knows this skill. It allows for greater sustain in the field for the midgame. (Assumedly, lategame scouts have resources to buy NPC arrows and know at least one artisan that will sell them arrows that proc effects or have elemental affinities.)

The obvious worry is that hawkers could replace artisans as fletchers. You guys forget that no hawker will ever have as much CON as a max CON artisan. They don't have crafting hammers. Any scout or raider that goes hard on maxing out their CON is going for broke on the idea of being a crafter. Do you see this being a common phenomenon in the community? I don't.

If we let hawkers craft scrolls as special as what was suggested, we'll have a problem, though. After all, artisans don't have this ability. This gives hawkers an incredibly useful skill, essentially the inferior version of a WoW Warlock's portal ability. Not only that, but it also makes people wonder if such an ability doesn't fit the muse class more. So, lore-wise this part of the suggestion makes perfect sense. In terms of gameplay, it's not as clear-cut. 

EDIT: This isn't a pserver, so no-one will have infinite skill points. Every arti will focus on what's most profitable/useful to craft. This creates space for those who just want that one thing but aren't being provided for by the invisible hand of the market.

How could this work for muses? No-one knows as the cleric class is a bone of contention. But going with what was said earlier, the devil is in the details. Maybe enchanting would only replace the substats of any given item if the enchantment is superior. Adding stats on top of substats and mainstats could be problematic. That's something for the devs to think about, though. 

TL;DR: If some other class wants to compete with artisans in terms of crafting, let them try. If they want to craft things unique to their class, let the devs work out the game balance. Artisans will always be the go-to for crafting.  

Edited by Bobbity
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1