Every Class Should be Able to Craft Unique Stuff

Zeror

4 minutes ago, Critpeak said:

-Unless you have a paper dealer in your pvp party - you are doomed to no be able to hit hawker class.

Dealers are known for being made of papier mache. That's their thing. They're Visitors with guns. Their unique advantage is, much like the Batman, prep time. They get to prep pre-battle with armor, weapons and HOPEFULLY IF THE DEVS IMPLEMENT IT, landmines/proximity mines/sentries. I see no problem with having a Dealer that can die to one stun+DoT combo if he's laid a honeycombed mesh of explosives all over the field.

EDIT: Do you want everyone to just stand on the field and pewpew each other until whoever has the most HP/DEF/AP is left standing? Because that sounds like a trash pserver to me. Diversity in playstyles is what we should be moving towards.

Edited by Bobbity
Left out some words again, sigh.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

You don't need crit to take out a hawker, you just need consistently high accuracy for attacks, zoning and good CC.

EDIT: I still don't see how the party is compromised. Are you implying that we've moved to a forced meta? Because we were ALREADY IN A FORCED META. For years.

Edited by Bobbity
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

You also won't have mspeed to catch them hawkers, if you don't have a friend in your party/clan which wants to play the class.

EDIT: 

Maybe it's not a bad idea after all every class to be able to craft something unique - add mspeed buff craft to soldiers. 

Edited by Critpeak
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Bobbity said:

If a scout is in need of, say, quality arrows and has neither the zulie nor the friendship of an artisan BUT has just enough trash loot to craft basic arrows, I say let them craft their arrows. If they want to upgrade that skill, let them upgrade it - at a higher cost. This could even be an IM skill. A very, very specific IM skill that allows for crafting of more types of arrows per skill level.

If we let hawkers craft scrolls as special as what was suggested, we'll have a problem, though. After all, artisans don't have this ability. This gives hawkers an incredibly useful skill, essentially the inferior version of a WoW Warlock's portal ability. Not only that, but it also makes people wonder if such an ability doesn't fit the muse class more. So, lore-wise this part of the suggestion makes perfect sense. In terms of gameplay, it's not as clear-cut.

Arrow crafting, why didn't i think of that. That's an excellent idea for Hawkers. And beside they can still have the teleport scrolls as well. Maybe no teleports to Zant/Junon Polis etc.., but only to some other zones. Like Adventure Plains, Breezy Hills or Gorge of Silence. Zones that have a small settlement.

How could this work for muses? No-one knows as the cleric class is a bone of contention. But going with what was said earlier, the devil is in the details. Maybe enchanting would only replace the substats of any given item if the enchantment is superior. Adding stats on top of substats and mainstats could be problematic. That's something for the devs to think about, though.

Just like a buff in item form. When you use it that stats are active for a limited amount of time and then it wears off. It can be anything though. Muses do only weapon enchantments. Dealers do the same thing with armor by crafting Armor Kits. But now i think of it. Maybe my idea for soldier and dealer can be swapped. So Soldier can make the armor kits instead and dealers can train capsule pets into stronger beings.

Edited by Zeror

20 minutes ago, Bobbity said:

To catch a hawker, use a mage... or landmines from a dealer... 

it’s useless talking any sense to this guy. All they want to do is whine and complain about how this game isn’t exactly like iRose because that’s the last Rose they played. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Avatar said:

it’s useless talking any sense to this guy. All they want to do is whine and complain about how this game isn’t exactly like iRose because that’s the last Rose they played. 

Oi fake police, read the list I gave on the previous page, if it is not enough give me 15min video of each of the rest class and I'll give you a lot more reason probably.

33 minutes ago, Zeror said:

But now i think of it. Maybe my idea for soldier and dealer can be swapped. So Soldier can make the armor kits instead and dealers can train capsule pets into stronger beings.

Could have the hawkers train pets; it's within their ambit. In fact, having so many profession skills available to them is a nice way to force specialization without actually forcing it.

There's some value in what Critpeak's been saying, though. We shouldn't move too far from our current understanding of the classes - at least, not yet. Soldiers don't *need* a moneymaking skill, tbh; they're the core of every party and loot mechanics could be adjusted to account for that. Thus, mages and champs would get more zulie per kill than, say knights, and knights would get more than whoever the lurer is (probably a useless katar.) Hawkers should thus be prioritized for non-combat profession skills, followed by clerics if loot mechanics don't account for healing done or if the cleric prefers to solo main. That said, I'm thinking of something better for ronin soldiers to do that'll fit them in terms of crafting. It'll have to be something the market wants/would want, of course.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Critpeak said:

Oi fake police, read the list I gave on the previous page, if it is not enough give me 15min video of each of the rest class and I'll give you a lot more reason probably.

Oh, here we go! Fake suggestions/critiques in which you know nothing about. 

Keep them coming! 

• Like 1

Alright, so I've already talked about modifying the party loot mechanics. I also said I'd come up with something for soldiers, and I've done more than that. Let's talk about soldiers first, though.

Golden Oxblood Potion - gives +STR, +AP, +DEF for t seconds (much shorter than the current max duration for any of the corresponding buffs from the Soldier skill tree). Requires:

- HP bottle (2)

- Empty Beaker (1)

-Distilled Water (2)

-having learned the skills from the Soldier tree that gives those buffs.

Effects diminish if used repeatedly within 10 minutes of previous use. Does not stack.

Smelly Beastlure - will continuously attract the attention of all hostile monsters within 70 meters for t seconds or until the lure is destroyed (lure has HP but player aggro supercedes its aggro value).

Requires:

- MP bottle (1)

- Empty Beaker (1)

- Distilled Water (2)

- Milk (1)

- Orange (1)

-having learned the Taunt skill from the Soldier tree.

Then we have muses:

Seer's Dust - +SEN, reduces critical damage taken, stealth detection (reveals enemies within r radius of the user. If the user is a muse, also slows affected stealthed units by 13%) for t seconds. 

Requires:

- MP bottle (2)

- Empty Beaker (1)

-Distilled Water (2)

-having learned the stealth detection skill from the Muse tree.

Slow effect diminishes if reapplied within 10 minutes of previous use. Can overlap (refreshes duration when reapplied.)

and hawkers:

Aelous's Breath - +ms, +as, +dodge, purges self of 1 random debuff. Creates a smoke animation around the caster for t seconds and 0.5 sec mini-stun to nearby hostile units. 

Requires:

- Lunaris Bear's Liquor Bottle (1)

- Gunpowder Packet (3)

- Empty Beaker (1)

Cannot be stacked or overlapped.

EDIT: I've thought a lot about poison alchemy for hawkers for a long time, but I can't seem to form a solid suggestion that'd work for us. I welcome suggestions in that regard.

Edited by Bobbity

Hey, in case y'all have lost perspective: topic like this, and the back and forth they contain are exactly the perfect example of why people aren't so willing to jump into this community and/or play this game.

A Brief synopsis:
Suggestion that all classes have a unique craft was made.
Someone brings unrelated topics up and how they're upset about it, thus skeptical and dismissive of any suggestion [made by community, and not the Developers that they have a disagreement with]
Topic devolves into inane argument over ideals and ignores the topic at hand.
Someone like me stops by to read up on the recent discussions and news, sees it and immediately walks back some interest in the game.

Be better.

As for the OP:
I disagree with it only due to lacking a more fleshed out mental image. It's lacking a cost/benefit analysis, and it encroaches on the role of Artisans. I'm open to professions and life skills etc in ROSE, but I would have liked to see more assessment of the idea and it's challenges. [and a lot less off topic arguments]

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Hey, in case y'all have lost perspective: topic like this, and the back and forth they contain are exactly the perfect example of why people aren't so willing to jump into this community and/or play this game.

A Brief synopsis:
Suggestion that all classes have a unique craft was made.
Someone brings unrelated topics up and how they're upset about it, thus skeptical and dismissive of any suggestion [made by community, and not the Developers that they have a disagreement with]
Topic devolves into inane argument over ideals and ignores the topic at hand.
Someone like me stops by to read up on the recent discussions and news, sees it and immediately walks back some interest in the game.

Be better.

As for the OP:
I disagree with it only due to lacking a more fleshed out mental image. It's lacking a cost/benefit analysis, and it encroaches on the role of Artisans. I'm open to professions and life skills etc in ROSE, but I would have liked to see more assessment of the idea and it's challenges. [and a lot less off topic arguments]

You’re 100% correct! The comment section should go back to discuss the topic that was posted! 

• Like 1

One thing that's nice from my last post was that these items and potions are generally made of (relatively) cheap NPC items. That aside, we definitely have to align what crafting could be possible for soldiers, muses and hawkers with what's doable within the artisan class; the main crafting class can't be stood up. 

We've recognized that non-artisan crafting is interesting and adds a bit of change in one's pocket, but we haven't made a case for its necessity. Do we actually *need* other classes crafting? And is it a good thing for the game overall?