Gear/items maintenence logic and cost

rayun

In normal life special gear needs frequent maintenence or its efficiency starts to degrade

I could be some quests or npc thing (simiular to refining/etc, just not requiring super rate materials)

In long term it could be given even to Artisans to do (and let me earn some ZZ from it and help "gear horders" to save time)

Idea is to make sure people has to take care of their main gears, example item some stat (e.g. dodge rate/defense/accuracy) would only be 100% if its taken care properly, otherwise it would be a little less. Idea would be that to have 100/100 gear it has to be maintained, otherwise its few points less (not critical mostly, but may make difference).

It could also one way to return zulies/etc back from market to game

I am aware its not so easy to develope, and also many people will dislike it

There is currently already a features that allows players to "take care" Of their gears. I mean when you have 36 durability on your item, it's health is based on that durability, so 36/36 when fully repaired. You already have to repair your gear pretty frequently, which costs zulies.

I'm just curious, how exactly would this system be different other than requiring materials and being available from artisans only? Could you give a concrete example so we can better understand your idea? 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think he "might" meant like , example you have a strong scarab weapon, then it can only be repaired using scarabs as well and so forth.

let say the strongest weapon has this certain metal required just to repair them, that would be a great inconvenience. 

but on my great understanding, he/she wants items to degrade. so you'll have 100 accuracy at 100 durability, and it drops at 80 accuracy at 80 durability. Then again this is still a great inconvenience.

I'd say the effects being lost at 100% is good enough. If I would suggest something, just remove all repair hammers and have it craftable from artisans only, that would make an economy instead. 

Edited by RandomAblty

• 4 weeks later...

While on paper giving artisans repair abilities sounds awesome, we should be careful of turning them into some sort of "da3m aljami3" Omnisupport class. Right now, an artisan is the only class that can give (almost) all the available buffs via buff potions. They can craft gems that increase combat stats, reinforced and endowed armor, directly improve weapons for a specific attribute (ATK, ACC, AS, MP consumption etc.) Obviously, they're constrained by loot, time, effort and available skill points. Additionally, many artisans retire from field combat and focus just on crafting. Having said that, we don't want to force a support meta onto artisans as we used to have for clerics. I think a good 60% of the playerbase was unaware that clerics needed nothing for combat, and it was the meta forced upon them that weakened their capabilities.

So, TL;DR: I welcome a Repair skill but we should be mindful of balance.

• Confused 1

I really dislike this idea it completely discriminates against players who cannot play all the time and maintain their gear as other hardcore players may be able to. And would discourage players from having multiple sets sorta. I even dislike the fact you have to repair gear even and think it just punishes newbs. Sorry but I strongly disagree with this idea and I am a hardcore player who would maintain their items 

Edited by Averybee24601