Bring back Muse/Cleric Buffs

merc2

Hmm where to start?  I don't mind the cleric changes. What bothers me about it is that I have to have one of each class in the party to get a full buff, why?? Yes its an mmo but every mmo has solo players or small groups of 2-3 people. But now this is the only mmo that makes you feel like you have to play with a decent sized group to do regular world content. Also the idea that this stops "buff slaves" is just a dream that will never happen, as long as there is a way to buff another player. there will be alt characters with max charm and base stat to get the best buff possible. with their only purpose being to give 4 buffs to the party and then go afk waiting to be brought back into the party for a rebuff.  The buff system is unique to ROSE and drastically changing it could be good but also could prove to be bad in the long run. Has there been any thought into just removing them completely or trying an approach where buffs aren't shared by the party. Giving each class there own buffs would make them even more unique. Could even give cleric access to weaker versions of all the buffs. in conclusion, I think there is more work to be done here with the buff system. I've been playing different versions of ROSE for over a decade, and have many friends that won't even try this one because of the buff changes. I like the idea but also hate being forced to play with strangers that don't even speak the same language half of the time. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the input. Are you sure you meant to post this in Suggestions though?

The points you mentioned have been and are being looked at.  Reading deeper into what you posted, I'm still wondering how you're being forced to play with others. At no point in my time on NARose was this ever the case with me. You're likely implying that party leveling is the most optimum form of leveling and thus so meta that only through this way will anyone bother to level. Have you even tried solo leveling? (No, I don't mean Sung Jin-Woo.) I did it fine on my dealer and he grew up to become a strong artisan. Both my clerics leveled solo whenever they didn't party. Neither my mage nor knight had problems in that regard either. My speardancer enjoyed the freedom to kill as she pleased with no meta restrictions. Dungeons are another story, of course, but that's not really core to the leveling schema, is it? Maybe explain how you're *forced* to play with others before we talk about the rest of what you mentioned.

• Confused 1

You can only run two game clients, so its impossible to go solo and get all the buffs. Best you can do alone is buffs from two classes. Literally forcing you to play with others to get the full ROSE experience. The thing that always kept me coming back to rose was the fact that I didn't need anyone to help me when I wanted to do something. Just log a cleric and farmer and spend hours in a spot alone. I'm looking at the bigger picture not just leveling. Like when you want to run into a pvp zone and get picked off, how will you rebuff? Or if I want to log for 20mins and mess around in pvp zones, I'm going to have to face people with full buffs running me down. My brother and I used to love going into pvp zones and picking off 3 or 4 people from different clans when ours wasn't online.  A lot of the classic things that I was looking forward to doing don't seem possible or at the very least way more challenging than they were. Another point I should have mentioned earlier is that this game is going to rely on OG players not new players that have never played ROSE before. Most likely still playing on a different server. If these players are going to migrate and stay here, it would probably be best to not prohibit them from doing what they have been for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, merc2 said:

Also cleric feels like the same thing, just with out its buffs. Now its just an afk healer pressing 2 buttons? 

I mean, it is if that's how you want to use your Cleric. I use mine as a battle Cleric and in a party I'm a very active healer and backup DPS.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, merc2 said:

Hmm where to start?  I don't mind the cleric changes. What bothers me about it is that I have to have one of each class in the party to get a full buff, why?? Yes its an mmo but every mmo has solo players or small groups of 2-3 people. But now this is the only mmo that makes you feel like you have to play with a decent sized group to do regular world content. Also the idea that this stops "buff slaves" is just a dream that will never happen, as long as there is a way to buff another player. there will be alt characters with max charm and base stat to get the best buff possible. with their only purpose being to give 4 buffs to the party and then go afk waiting to be brought back into the party for a rebuff.  The buff system is unique to ROSE and drastically changing it could be good but also could prove to be bad in the long run. Has there been any thought into just removing them completely or trying an approach where buffs aren't shared by the party. Giving each class there own buffs would make them even more unique. Could even give cleric access to weaker versions of all the buffs. in conclusion, I think there is more work to be done here with the buff system. I've been playing different versions of ROSE for over a decade, and have many friends that won't even try this one because of the buff changes. I like the idea but also hate being forced to play with strangers that don't even speak the same language half of the time. 

it is good as is. Classes get the buffs that fits them. I dont wanna search for a damn cleric everytime i need buffs. It is ur way if u wanna solo or playin tiny groups. Majority however wont do that. Hence, the change only benefits the soloists which are very few. Some things just have to change and if u dont like it just stick to private servers.

Edited by shujin51

9 hours ago, shujin51 said:

I dont wanna search for a damn cleric everytime i need buffs

hmm really? So you would rather search for a soldier, muse, and a hawker for a full buff on a dealer? I don't think you even realize what you are saying here. You act like its easy to find a group of people everywhere I go and for everything I want to do. That is so far from the truth. Half the time the parties are full and the other half they are looking for a specific class to fill a spot or two, and that's just trying to level up. Maybe I want to level up in a different spot where I know a unique drops (lil brother got one to drop yesterday) but there isn't a single person but me on the map.

I don't know how much rose you've played over the years, but I know I have played too much. I could sit in a spot and mindlessly farm for hours on end. 95% of the time I want to be alone so I don't have to split the zulie after it took 6 hours to get the drop. 

A lot of what you're saying makes sense from an iROSE perspective where buffs were super OP and 100% necessary. But on this ROSE that's simply not the case. Buffs are weaker on average and a lot of that "power" was added to Passive skills instead. Older players put a lot of emphasis on needing full buffs to play and that's why they dislike the Cleric change. But you don't actually need full buffs to play the game. I'm soloing better here with only my limp noodle Muse buffs than I did on iROSE with full Cleric buffs. On naROSE, class buffs were already stronger than Cleric buffs so people were doing the same thing; finding other classes for the best buffs.

The game should be balanced to where full buffs aren't needed and I think good progress has already been made in that direction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2023 at 5:16 PM, Sneaux said:

The game should be balanced to where full buffs aren't needed and I think good progress has already been made in that direction.

Yes, I see three options that make sense to me. Remove buffs completely, make the class specific buffs not be party buffs (so every class just has there own buffs), or make a way to get full buffs with out needing 4 party members. 

• Thanks 1

That puts the burden on artis again, ofc. Not that I mind, but it just changes the full support model from clerics to artisans.

How about buying buffs from the Valor shops? Or specific quests from the different Unions will reward with buff pots. Junon Order w grant any buffs, Ferrel Guild will give dealer-type buffs, Arumics will give muse-type and Righteous Crusaders will give Hawker and Soldier-type buffs. 

• Haha 1

It would be nice to not need any buffs besides your class' specific buffs. If there are situations where I can't do something with those buffs, but would be able to do it with a full buff. Then I want to be able to get a full buff, because if full buffs exist people will always find a way to use them to gain an advantage. 

On 1/6/2023 at 10:03 PM, merc2 said:

hmm really? So you would rather search for a soldier, muse, and a hawker for a full buff on a dealer? I don't think you even realize what you are saying here. You act like its easy to find a group of people everywhere I go and for everything I want to do. That is so far from the truth. Half the time the parties are full and the other half they are looking for a specific class to fill a spot or two, and that's just trying to level up. Maybe I want to level up in a different spot where I know a unique drops (lil brother got one to drop yesterday) but there isn't a single person but me on the map.

then ask ur bro or clan for support 😛 or just lvl up and come back later. I got a gem drop from a mauldie elite mob and i was over lvl 120. 

Edited by shujin51

Now I'm trying to lvl up a raider. I'm lvl 38 and can't even kill two moldies without dying. been here for 30 mins and neither party will add me. I can't even play the game at this point. How are people enjoying this if you are just looking for a party constantly? 

Edited by merc2

1 hour ago, merc2 said:

Now I'm trying to lvl up a raider. I'm lvl 38 and can't even kill two moldies without dying. been here for 30 mins and neither party will add me. I can't even play the game at this point. How are people enjoying this?

follow the path quest 1st get the armor set that gives 10% exp bonus.

• Like 1

I am here to talk about an important change that has been implemented in the game.
Support Muse/Clerics back in the old days was such a fun job as a buffer, and to find out that has been changed blew my mind.

I understand that this change is disappointing for many players. Some of you might think differently and thats fine.

All jobs shouldnt be able to party buff as much as they do right now, thats the job for a muse/cleric.
Its fine if other jobs have a couple self buffs, but the muse/clerics buffs should always be the better ones.
It was a job that many people enjoyed and made them feel needed.
I know what some might say : They are still needed, try leveling without one.
I understand that but buffs should also be an important part of that, not just the healing they provide.
The skills available for the support muse/cleric are a joke right now.

And the buffs that are in the game right now are a bit weak i feel?

Pros and cons about the suggestion.

Pros
- Brings back the fun of the support job again.
- Feel needed not only for the healing.
- Old school Rose Online feeling back that i feel is gone now .
- 1 or 2 self buffs for the other jobs will still be there.

Cons: 
- People might feel they need buffs from a muse/cleric to progress. ( this could be easily changed by nerfing some mobs, buffs should be something extra not something thats needed.) 
- some might enjoy that they have party buffs now. (sorry but thats just not your job)

Muse/Cleric buffs was such a huge part of this game which many people liked.
Its a shame it has come to this, the game just doesnt feel the same.

Let me know what you think.

• Like 1