Refining IM items

Sjoerd

It was very clear by the staff that IM gear will be for looks only, no additional stats. But please explain to me why I am unable to refine my IM wing, this is solely intended for the looks as well. I understood that there is no Saturune in game, which is required to refine my IM wing. 

I do not see any reason to donate again if I cannot upgrade my IM for the shiny looks (how it was intended by the staf..?). In the end that is a bad thing for the server if more people stop donating because of this.. Can we please have this in the game?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Some people, such as myself, really appreciate how nice armor can look shiny. There isn't anything wrong with it. 

I understand that, but shouldn't this be solved in another way then?
That the costume uses the refine level of the item it replaces. With also the option to not use that shiny effect if you don't want it.

Ofcourse the method of Sjoerd is fine as well. But multiple solutions are possible here.

Edited by Zeror

13 minutes ago, Zeror said:

I understand that, but shouldn't this be solved in another way then?
That the costume uses the refine level of the item it replaces. With also the option to not use that shiny effect if you don't want it.

Ofcourse the method of Sjoerd is fine as well. But multiple solutions are possible here.

I do also like the idea of using regular Apotropes to refine these wings. Someone on Discord mentioned level 1 Apotropes as (like you said) they IM wings don't have any stats, so it hurts no one. 

to be honest, I do not care how it is resolved, as long as we can make the IM items looks shiny. Having great looking shiny IM wings was the first reason for me to purchase them. Additional benefit is supporting the server.

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

I do also like the idea of using regular Apotropes to refine these wings. Someone on Discord mentioned level 1 Apotropes as (like you said) they IM wings don't have any stats, so it hurts no one. 

Maybe even add a level 0 Apotropes(/Talisman/Bindrune) that's random dropping anywhere or is another item that can be bought in the Item Mall or maybe even bundled with an item. When using level 1 Apotropes for Item Mall items then the level 1 Apotropes grow instantly in value, because they can be used with IM items. This is a problem for low level players as they have not much zulie yet (alt characters not included).

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1

I'd support adding in like a "Basic Bindrune/Talisman/Apotrope" as a refine for IM items that drops on all maps at perhaps a reduced rate compared to normal refines. Seems like a good way to add another sellable Mat drop and the economy needs something like that to help the zulie flow. On the other hand, adding an IM refine back to the IM makes the most sense to me. Personally it'd feel bad if I bought wings and then had to farm a refine or buy a refine with zulie to make it shiny. Versus just buying a pack of 50 IM refines for $5 or something so I could refine my IM gear. Obviously if they're added back to IM, they should be account locked and the refine levels shouldn't increase stats.

• Like 2

I would call them Special Bindrune/Talisman/Apotropes instead. Basic in the name indicates that it's usable for everything and that's not the intention. It can be however. That Basic can be used on every item including IM items with a lower change, but the level X version has increased change of refining like it is already.

Edited by Zeror
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Zeror said:

I would call them Special Bindrune/Talisman/Apotropes instead. Basic in the name indicates that it's usable for everything and that's not the intention. It can be however. That Basic can be used on every item including IM items with a lower change, but the level X version has increased change of refining like it is already.

Good catch. Or we could just repurpose the existing IM refine for this and leave the name alone. One material for all IM items and have it either drop on all maps or be purchased in IM. I imagine you could even offer bundled items that come with a certain amount of IM refines.

Instead of refining they could add a Glow Effect Scroll for like 100 points or something or the opposite Remove Glow Effect Scroll. For IM gear only though. Apply scroll to item and boom refined glow. 
Example: Silver Astarot Wings (*) with glow scroll applied (or any other icon to indicate it)

Edited by Heatfist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going that route there are a lot more options you can do. Name wise i would call it: <type> Visage: <effect>
Not only glow, but you could have tons of particle effects.

Some examples:

• Basic Visage: White Glow
    • Basic Visage: Blue Glow
    • Basic Visage: Purple Glow
    • Basic Visage: Pink Glow
    • Basic Visage: Green Glow
    • etc...
  • Weapon Visage: Dripping Blood
    Have blood drops dripping off your weapon.
  • Weapon Visage: Fiery
    Have a fire effect coming off your weapon.
  • Armor Visage: Hidden
    Hide armor piece.
  • Back Item Visage: Love Potion
    Have pink hearts fading off your back item.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, Zeror said:

Why would you wanna refine something if it's only for the looks?

because not everyone wants to look like crap. Many play for the style and looking shiny is one of the reason we love refining. Or they should just give us the option to turn the shiny effects on for free. Without refining.

Edited by shujin51
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...