Smooth out zulie income over the game

DoubleRose

My characters were broke early, got lots of quest zulie during 40-75, and have been broke ever since. Others I've talked to had a similar experience. Games normally don't have just one short window to make money. I have some ideas on how to increase zulie income later and would like to hear yours.

1) Have blues not drop with near broken durability. Blues already drop at any level and provide zulie scaling with the difficulty of monsters you kill, so why not make them a way to get zulie that progresses throughout the game? They don't need to be full durability, but make them at least half so they sell to the npc for something. 

2) Put small zulie rewards on more quests. Lots of Luna quests send you on errands talking to npc after npc. Make it so a couple of them hand out a couple thousand zulie midway through. Also have the Coffington quests give a small zulie reward, no more than 5k (they aren't the Ferrell Guild, so they won't pay like them). Lastly, add quests+zulie rewards to OT and FT to differentiate those maps from the Xita valor quests.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree! I have a suggestion as well.

I've been playing with an idea in my head, and that idea is a new type of quest centered around gathering supplies. You could pick up these quests for various level ranges, starting in Zant. These quests would pay you a certain amount of zulie per resource gathered. As an example, you get a quest from Cornell in Zant to gather Woopie Hides. You take this quest and just leave it while you level on Woopies. You can stack Woopie Hides all the way to 999. Each Woopie Hide pays 25z, so when you turn in the quest to Cornell after you hit 999 Woopie Hides, you get 24,975 zulie. You can turn it in any time from 1 to 999 items gathered.

Granted this is an exaggerated example. I'd expect these quests to be balanced around turning in 100-200 items, so if you stick it out to 999 you should get a sizable reward. I'd say it'd be a good idea to cap these so high levels don't just camp Zant and hog all the mobs for easy zulie though.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sneaux said:

I agree! I have a suggestion as well.

I've been playing with an idea in my head, and that idea is a new type of quest centered around gathering supplies. You could pick up these quests for various level ranges, starting in Zant. These quests would pay you a certain amount of zulie per resource gathered. As an example, you get a quest from Cornell in Zant to gather Woopie Hides. You take this quest and just leave it while you level on Woopies. You can stack Woopie Hides all the way to 999. Each Woopie Hide pays 25z, so when you turn in the quest to Cornell after you hit 999 Woopie Hides, you get 24,975 zulie. You can turn it in any time from 1 to 999 items gathered.

Granted this is an exaggerated example. I'd expect these quests to be balanced around turning in 100-200 items, so if you stick it out to 999 you should get a sizable reward. I'd say it'd be a good idea to cap these so high levels don't just camp Zant and hog all the mobs for easy zulie though.

And from Junon Polis and up these kind of quests could be part of your Union. So players are getting distributed to different kind of mops/maps as well. This help against forming the hot spots where dozen of players are gathering.

• Like 1

You're lucky you get zulie at all at this point. Do you know how many people are advocating for the removal of all zulie rewards from questing? You're only getting half as much from those 2 quests now. And you'll be getting less once they nerf it, and others more. So you'd better prepare to be even more broke, cause that's what you're going to get soon. Just prepare for it.

19 minutes ago, Zeror said:

And from Junon Polis and up these kind of quests could be part of your Union. So players are getting distributed to different kind of mops/maps as well. This help against forming the hot spots where dozen of players are gathering.

I agree with that. Add a certain zulie and Valor point per kill for the Valor quests, and perhaps have some non-Valor quests like this that reward EXP and zulie. Could add a quest like this that is map dependent, and some that are species dependent. Like maybe Gorge of Silence has a quests to simply gather stone, and that stone could be gained from any mob in Gorge of Silence. Or a quest in Kenji for kaiman leather that drops from Kaiman specifically. This would be an easy way to break up the clogged spots in maps and also get some more zulie flowing.

1 minute ago, OwlchemistVile said:

You're lucky you get zulie at all at this point. Do you know how many people are advocating for the removal of all zulie rewards from questing? You're only getting half as much from those 2 quests now. And you'll be getting less once they nerf it, and others more. So you'd better prepare to be even more broke, cause that's what you're going to get soon. Just prepare for it.

The people advocating for no zulie rewards don't understand how the game's economy is supposed to work. The economy can't grow with no zulie flow.

Yea well there's more of them complaining that other people have too much money than there are people saying "this is fine". So the team is only going to get 1 side of the story, and react to it. And it'll be a lot LOT more difficult to get them to ADD zulie sources to the game, than it is for them to be convinced to take them away. So just save up as much as you can, and be fickle/frugal with it. I'm quite confident many many sources of zulie will be removed / heavily nerfed in upcoming patches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlchemistVile said:

My lv 90 character has 214 zulie. Yes, I've gained 14 zulie total over the first 90 levels, and I'm still stuck using the lv 40 quest reward gear. I have barely been able to pick up anything because my character is a dealer and thus has reduced slots for drops.

I'm thinking it's time to start a new character and level them on the quests while they still give decent zulie rewards. How else will I fund my 200k job change quest?

Edited by DoubleRose
I wrote 200,000k lol

9 hours ago, Sumbudy said:

Its good as it is. Once zulie starts getting added the economy is going to be too crazy for most people.

Most of the zulie entering the economy is from Kenji beach, and most of that is from higher level players spamming the quests or botting. Lots of zulie is coming in for just a few players. As they spend to buy goods, it devalues everyone else's zulie. 

13 hours ago, Sumbudy said:

Its good as it is. Once zulie starts getting added the economy is going to be too crazy for most people.

it is already crazy cause as a lvl 100 i cant even afford an accessory thats costs 700k. this game is literally forcing me to create a second char just for farming kenji beach. It shouldnt become a pain int he ass to progress gear when u hit second class. I thoguht i was good with money but before i knew it my funds are gone since luna quests dont give shit. If they want to improve the game they should make zulie more available. Otherwise we may resort to buying zulies from sellers.

Edited by shujin51

13 hours ago, Sumbudy said:

There's no way whatsoever that the current zulie situation can be considered good. Definitely not advocating for hyper inflation but zulie income needs to be spread out, not concentrated in a low level map and two repeatable quests. We need more repeatable zulie/EXP quests with less zulie payout per quest on average. Cutting the zulie payout on Krawfy and Doonga quests was a good idea, but it was half a solution. The other half is to offer more of those quests at all level ranges to keep zulie flowing and ease the Kenji situation by helping spread people out.

Here is another idea:
Bring back zulie drops, but only to specific enemies. Only the humanoid enemies (acting like a human) could drop zulie. The animal or plant enemies not.

Examples humanoid (will drop zulie): Jelly Beans, Pomics, Woopies, Rackies, Aquas, Moldies, Grunters, Clown, Doonga, Kaiman, Goblin.
Examples non-humanoid (wont drop zulie): Flaneas, Pumkins, Honeybees/Hornets, Dalpings, Beetles, Turtles, Smoulies, Bloodbat, Krawfy, Stone Golem. Worm Dragon

Just so you guys know. There is a repeatable on Eldeon that takes a few minutes to do that gives 300k, and the Bones quest on Orlo gives 500k. You don't need to keep spamming Krawfies at max level.... just level up and do some exploration, you'll find the quests.

10 minutes ago, Zeror said:

That is problem here. New gear is needed to do better damage. New gear costs zulie if it's not dropping for you.

Some people leveled to 160 using the level 40 quest gear with 10% xp gain. Weapons from NPC are affordable easily at any stage. Exploring maps and hitting different mobs to see what gear/weapons they drop and farming them for new weapons is also not hard plus you’re leveling while farming for gear. 
There are alternatives they just need to be sought out for. The people with heaps of zulie breaking economy can be ignored if you focus on your own methods of gearing and levelling. 

5 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Just so you guys know. There is a repeatable on Eldeon that takes a few minutes to do that gives 300k, and the Bones quest on Orlo gives 500k. You don't need to keep spamming Krawfies at max level.... just level up and do some exploration, you'll find the quests.

what quest is that in eldeon? 

22 hours ago, shujin51 said:

it is already crazy cause as a lvl 100 i cant even afford an accessory thats costs 700k. this game is literally forcing me to create a second char just for farming kenji beach. It shouldnt become a pain int he ass to progress gear when u hit second class. I thoguht i was good with money but before i knew it my funds are gone since luna quests dont give shit. If they want to improve the game they should make zulie more available. Otherwise we may resort to buying zulies from sellers.

i mean, i havent done a single quest since krawfy that gives me zulie. And im still over 1m zulie at level 172. 
so tbh i have no idea what you have spent your zulie on? 

1 hour ago, Forestwithin said:

i mean, i havent done a single quest since krawfy that gives me zulie. And im still over 1m zulie at level 172. 
so tbh i have no idea what you have spent your zulie on? 

one million is not much tbh LOL i have bought a unique skill and that already cost me 1mil zulie. My lvl 100 accessories all costs over 700k. I could technically ignore gearing up but where is the fun then if there is no progress

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shujin51 said:

one million is not much tbh LOL i have bought a unique skill and that already cost me 1mil zulie. My lvl 100 accessories all costs over 700k. I could technically ignore gearing up but where is the fun then if there is no progress

Did i say it is much? 

It is ENOUGH to get you through the levels?