• Less than 50 hours
    • 50 to 75 Hours
    • 75 to 100 Hours
    • 100 to 150 Hours
    • 150 to 200 Hours
    • 200 to 300 Hours
    • 300 to 400 Hours
    • 400+ Hours

I'm torn between less than 50, and 50-75. I feel like most of my heavily time invested singleplayer games range from 40-100 hours of play, so maybe that's a good starting point for a single character. Perhaps 50-75 for a semi-casual player and less than 50 for an efficient, dedicated leveler. However, I think it's also important for newer players to be able to get up to speed within a reasonable timeframe as well so the end-game content and PvP is populated. Definitely need that balance of having Lv 250 feel like an accomplishment but also to where people don't burn out along the way. Thanks for the poll!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sneaux said:

I'm torn between less than 50, and 50-75. I feel like most of my heavily time invested singleplayer games range from 40-100 hours of play, so maybe that's a good starting point for a single character. Perhaps 50-75 for a semi-casual player and less than 50 for an efficient, dedicated leveler. However, I think it's also important for newer players to be able to get up to speed within a reasonable timeframe as well so the end-game content and PvP is populated. Definitely need that balance of having Lv 250 feel like an accomplishment but also to where people don't burn out along the way. Thanks for the poll!

I’m with you on that. I feel like at some point people (including myself) just get burned out and are no longer motivated to level up if it’s a constant grind for far too long.Β 

• Like 2

I don't think the duration is the only factor. The whole thing of refreshing along the way by doing other things, exploring, getting little micro-gratifications as you go, adding and changing subgoals - all of that is a normal part of the level grind. Just going by length of time isn't useful since people aren't machines and don't play like machines (generally).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

one of my clan members reached level 250 today, he said that since the first day (except the period the server was down) he has been playing 8 to 12 hours a day and all he has been doing is leveling up all the time all ignoring everything else in the game. I believe that the time required for a casual player is at least 200 hours and a born player 100 hours

1 hour ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Anecdotally, I've streamed over 80 hours, and offline grinded another 20or so solo, I'm lv181 Atm. I personally, would be fine, if there was more variety in the process, but as for time? It's a bit much for a casual.

Yeah most players have jobs, many players have families. Needing over a hundred hours to get to 250 is way too much imo.

Most Singleplayer games take 20 hours to beat, some up to 60. I think 60 hours would be a appropriate amount of time to get from Level 1 to 250 personally.

Most players don't have the time to grind hundreds of hours to level up, at that point they'd rather play a game that respects their time more and is less time consuming.

I spent about 6 hours yesterday to get from 106 to 120, I'm sure that's quite fast to most people, but getting 0.5% of max level worth of EXP in 6 hours of grinding is quite insane. Most players don't have that much free time in a day. Luckily 120-145 is a lot faster, but as you said you got 100 hours of gameplay and are only level 181. That's just too slow. Imo people should get to max level before 100 hours of gameplay.

It shouldn't be speeded up until otherwise the game would be "over" really fast.

For example, I think it is too fast in lower levels (until level 50). It is so quick that you almost don't explore the full map / monsters in it. I've spend like 1 hour killing moldies and Aqua.

Until the team is ready to upgrade the game (new planets, new levels) the changes I would make:

- Reduce/Limit prize moneys from quests: When I'm playing in parties nobody even bothers picking the materials because the prize moneys are so high. Most of the money should come from selling materials and not quests;

- Add rare items (1 rare weapon per map for ex) to make the "grind" of killing the hardest monsters worth it;

- Increasing leveling time but add new quests - increasing the exp points from quests;

- Add features to make relevant other places (Zant, Adventurer plains): eg: specic drops only around that area; specific NPC's that only selling a specific item there.

• Like 1