Bots for unpopulated zones.

Shid0x

Today i would like to introduce a controversial idea : Bots

The idea behind it is very simple : When a map has less than a certain amount of players the server would spawn some bots at various locations that will attack monsters passing by and help players questing / leveling. The Player would be able to party with bots and enjoy some content that would be otherwise un-accessible alone.

Why ? Some of you may ask
Simply because Rose tends to get "empty map syndrome" once the server is old enough. Newer players may often find themselves alone in big zones and frustrated.
Also it is worth considering that players from certain parts of the world will be playing at times when the majority of the population is asleep / working, you shouldn't feel excluded because of a timezone.

Some details
To prevent abuse, you wouldn't be the party master.
Bots would be
assigned random stuff / classes adapted to each maps.
You could only pick up 50% of the loots, just like a real life situations *almost*

Bots can use skills, their build is standard.
This system is not intended for immediate release but when the game is already 1 years old or so.

A very very rough overview on how the system would look like could be this :

3.thumb.jpg.23f98b87c1fe368ba30b83e8216a3c68.jpg

Now of course, this is just a glimpse of an idea.
The final system would be far more optimized ( considering players passing by / shops , levels...) but i believe most of you get the idea.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I'd really rather we fixed the issues that cause dead maps, that put bots in them, that no one will see. 

I would like nothing more than that too !
Hence why the controversial idea, its like emergency breaks, you don't want to use them but what if all other fails ?

The drop tables were already given that treatment, however, there are a LOT of materials these days. If anything, the crafting recipes could be reworked to require a little less variety, but that comes at the cost of losing complexity within the market and econ so 😕 eh? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shid0x said:

Today i would like to introduce a controversial idea : Bots

The idea behind it is very simple : When a map has less than a certain amount of players the server would spawn some bots at various locations that will attack monsters passing by and help players questing / leveling. The Player would be able to party with bots and enjoy some content that would be otherwise un-accessible alone.

Why ? Some of you may ask
Simply because Rose tends to get "empty map syndrome" once the server is old enough. Newer players may often find themselves alone in big zones and frustrated.
Also it is worth considering that players from certain parts of the world will be playing at times when the majority of the population is asleep / working, you shouldn't feel excluded because of a timezone.

Some details
To prevent abuse, you wouldn't be the party master.
Bots would be
assigned random stuff / classes adapted to each maps.
You could only pick up 50% of the loots, just like a real life situations *almost*

Bots can use skills, their build is standard.
This system is not intended for immediate release but when the game is already 1 years old or so.

A very very rough overview on how the system would look like could be this :

3.thumb.jpg.23f98b87c1fe368ba30b83e8216a3c68.jpg

Now of course, this is just a glimpse of an idea.
The final system would be far more optimized ( considering players passing by / shops , levels...) but i believe most of you get the idea.

Interesting idea for sure.   I know NA on alot of maps we were lucky to have any players on the map or killing.

I had even proposed back to Gen and Leo at the time that in order to do the shout, that a quest would be taken which would allow the character to not only be able to shout, but pass through the gate from Breezy to El Verloon, but they had to do a quest and it would not allow them to pass till level 30 or so.

Breezy tended to be very little in the amount of people was one of my thoughts on this quest, plus at the time all the zuly sellers were shouting at whatever level they were.