Sikuku Prison

Zurn

Probably somewhere and mentioned before but can we remove the invisible ranged mobs in prison.

Once that was implemented the usage dropped to what seems like just boss farming. 

pro - they suck if you don’t have a way to reveal them, I think they had a stun which could wreck a party pretty quick. 
Con - removes potential diversity in mob behavior that gives you different gameplay from normal. 

Edited by Zurn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HoneyBuns said:

Weren't those hidden snipers added initially to discourage botting or something like that?   Hopefully botting won't be an issue anymore and prison can go back to being a good map for farming and leveling minus those annoying guys in the walls 

I believe it was, but it also practically killed the map

Yeah, the invisible Crossbow Sikuku mobs were there to discourage botting, but all it did was force them to put Decloak in their bot rotation, and once in a while clear them out with a range attack.
It was however EXTREMELY IRRITATING being an Artisan because they were the ONLY CLASS without a Decloak. Speaking of which, I have a thread to go make. 

5 minutes ago, lazypenguin said:

Did not know this about that map, thanks for letting us know!

I mean at this point in time this is a moot problem since only Junon will be released but still! And by remove I mean revert to being not invisible~

2 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Yeah, the invisible Crossbow Sikuku mobs were there to discourage botting, but all it did was force them to put Decloak in their bot rotation, and once in a while clear them out with a range attack.
It was however EXTREMELY IRRITATING being an Artisan because they were the ONLY CLASS without a Decloak. Speaking of which, I have a thread to go make. 

Go go go!

I strongly believe I heard some dev on a stream saying that they weren’t gonna add Prison to the game. Like disabling it. Anyone who can back me up on this? Or prove me wrong? Prison was the shit back in 2010-ish. I miss it so much!

Edited by Gnasty

On 1/21/2022 at 2:01 AM, OwlchemistVile said:

It's because they're only going to launch the game with Junon at the start, Sikuku Underground Prison being located on Eldeon would mean we don't have access to it immediately. 

Yeah that makes sense!

Gives them time to look at everything on Eldeon once launched, but the ideas are great.

I know when I talked to Leo before they changed the mobs for the prison, it did not make sense why the prison was configured the way it was, so they were trying to make it better.

Before the change, the prison was always busy, after the change, it was fairly empty.

Which was better, I don't know, I did miss leveling in the Prison.

• Zurn changed the title to Sikuku Prison
5 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Side note, every time I check the forums I have to double take when I see "Prison". Not Sikuku Prison or Underground or anything, just "Prison" lol. 

Are you happy now! 😬

On 1/20/2022 at 2:54 PM, HoneyBuns said:

Weren't those hidden snipers added initially to discourage botting or something like that?   Hopefully botting won't be an issue anymore and prison can go back to being a good map for farming and leveling minus those annoying guys in the walls 

Exactly.

Makes you wonder what good design over nerf design could be right?