No More SOLO Farming

-POSB-

7 minutes ago, -POSB- said:

Yes bro! cleric don't have full buff anymore haha might as well play other class now since they redistribute the buff amount class. 

I guess the Publishers want the game to be more of a social heavy game. But I'm only here for nostalgic purposes. 

Can I add you up in-game buddy?

8 minutes ago, The_GTA said:

It won't be a mistake for me since I got friends IRL to play this game with.

good for you, but my point stills valid. Some few people willl be able to lvling and playing the game, but the casual players or people that dont start today will be alone

13 minutes ago, Gamb said:

Some hours later... Groups of friends powerlvling and not giving party. Nice idea to remove buffs fron clerics

i got the same feeling its still hard to get party it still looks like a lot of dual clienters as well.

but getting a party as heal cleric is dam hard (and i feel a bit useless)

I'm just afraid for new players in a month or two months. When everyone has leveled up, so new players that enter semi-dead low level PvE zones how they will succeed to level up when there are barely any people or parties to be formed. The cool thing about clerics where that people dedicate time to stand/stay in adv. plains and greet and buff new players and help them.

• Like 5

I want to add that its kind of rough even if you choose to party up with others. I'm at Kenji Beach right now lvl 59 and people already have a preference to min-max gains I guess. This is reflected in how most look for pt members who can dole out as much AOE damage as possible.

As a soldier using a one-hand sword and shield with only one aoe skill available, I'd have have to adjust by shifting to using spears, and I think I'm not the only one who has to. Unfortunately, people in Junon have been selling spears at absurd prices (trident at 200k-400k jeez) , most likely in response to the heavy demand for AOE soldiers.

I can't say how other classes that specialize in solo combat are faring, but if I had to guess I'd say they aren't having a great time either idk.

Edited by MikeOC

11 hours ago, MikeOC said:

I want to add that its kind of rough even if you choose to party up with others. I'm at Kenji Beach right now lvl 59 and people already have a preference to min-max gains I guess. This is reflected in how most look for pt members who can dole out as much AOE damage as possible.

As a soldier using a one-hand sword and shield with only one aoe skill available, I'd have have to adjust by shifting to using spears, and I think I'm not the only one who has to. Unfortunately, people in Junon have been selling spears at absurd prices (trident at 200k-400k jeez) , most likely in response to the heavy demand for AOE soldiers.

I can't say how other classes that specialize in solo combat are faring, but if I had to guess I'd say they aren't having a great time either idk.

I've solo'd to 92 so far on Muse. A lot of what you hear in the next few days or longer is hyperbole. Just get out there, maybe grab a few quests, and kill stuff. Sitting around waiting for a party invite doesn't earn you exp. Everyone can do it champ

• Like 1

Kudos to you. Can everyone solo to whatever level? Sure.

Like you, I'm also not one to sit around and wait things to happen in game, and I'm also the kind who would rather play solo. Tho even I can see the value of partying up.

You get better rewards in the form of xp and loots, repeatable quests are faster to finish. Depending on your party comp, you're less likely to die from mobs because people cover you or heal you. You save more zulie from not needing to buy as much regen items, etc.

You could say joining a party makes the game easier and more fun. It also helps make the core game play loop, which involves grinding mobs, much more pleasant, enjoyable, and less fatiguing.

Once you experience all these benefits, going back to solo play seems punishing and discouraging tbh. And who wants to play a game that does that?

Edit: Disregard the question at the end. I just remembered that souls games existed lol

Edited by MikeOC

Well it entirely depends on the situation. AoE's generally do 1/4 to 1/6th the damage a single target spell can do, not because of skill power, but because the more enemies you hit, the more damage fall off kicks in. Yes, NA Rose added damage fall-off. The more enemies you hit, the more division takes place and less damage you do.

So unless your party is hitting that sweet spot, AND has the ability to survive the incoming damage: then sometimes solo'ing IS faster than AoEing. It's all on context. Personally, I find it hard to beat soling when properly prepared and planned for it's challenges. Partying can be faster, if you have a lot of prepped people who know the ins and outs.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, OwlchemistVile said:

Well it entirely depends on the situation. AoE's generally do 1/4 to 1/6th the damage a single target spell can do, not because of skill power, but because the more enemies you hit, the more damage fall off kicks in. Yes, NA Rose added damage fall-off. The more enemies you hit, the more division takes place and less damage you do.

So unless your party is hitting that sweet spot, AND has the ability to survive the incoming damage: then sometimes solo'ing IS faster than AoEing. It's all on context. Personally, I find it hard to beat soling when properly prepared and planned for it's challenges. Partying can be faster, if you have a lot of prepped people who know the ins and outs.

Yep as a solo player Muse, i can say this is actually true! I can kill so much faster and finish quests/repeatables on my own.

By single targetting that is.

Edited by FURION

sometimes i find it ok and sometimes not ok. Specially if you dont have a fixed pt or a clan that can join into grinding. if your lucky, you could find a party of 6-10 that do their jobs on the Pt, and that makes the grinding much faster/ safer. but sometimes (mostly often) you will encounter a pt that relies on other members to do the work. i run a bow type and a single spell muse, and i can kill a group of kraffies same time as a 6 man team can lure and kill with aoe can finish with the same lvl. it all depends on a players situation and given opportunity.